Two quick fights

Options
Unshielded and tried two quick matches. Between shields I still lost 150 points in PvP.  Net gain -102. Game time 3 minutes and 36 seconds. All the buffs for quick play.

Yay PvP. 

Comments

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug...... 
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What's the greatest deficit you seen in a short amount of time?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've seen screenshots of some -400s.
  • Milk Jugz
    Options
    I've lost 400-500 overnight when I've forgot my shield would end 60-90 minutes before the event ends. But, I'm not a shield hopper. I've found a quiet time in my slice to get to 900-1000 and I shield out
  • therightwaye
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    I've lost 400-500 overnight when I've forgot my shield would end 60-90 minutes before the event ends. But, I'm not a shield hopper. I've found a quiet time in my slice to get to 900-1000 and I shield out
    Oh for sure. I've gone from 800+ to 330 in one failed over-night shield. I don't generally shield hope either, but in yesterday's case I saw an opportunity to jump up a bit. Clearly 3 mins of game play is too long. 
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    Oh for sure. I've gone from 800+ to 330 in one failed over-night shield. I don't generally shield hope either, but in yesterday's case I saw an opportunity to jump up a bit. Clearly 3 mins of game play is too long. 
    Looking at the roster in your signature... You were running the loaner?
    Yep, 3 minutes is long when you're a walking grill.
  • therightwaye
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @Bowgentle
    I don't know what "You were running the loaner?" means. 

Basically I'm forced to play with Black Bolt since I champed him and all my potential opponents are people with 5-6 champion 5 :star:  No one else can stand up to the beating. I've recently started raising the levels of other 5 :star: to pair up with.

@OJSP that was the 16 hours remaining mark. 

But anyhow, I just like to vent about PvP.  The scaling is pretty awful. But honestly I do fairly well just trying to navigating PvP solo style. Tried working with folks but I felt way more like I was causing them problems than I was helping. So I'm never going to T5, but at least I can manage 575 almost every time.  

Truthfully though I feel bad for the people who don't have champs that are some how in the same bracket and worth some decent points. They must get screwed over by other people harder than I come down on them. 

• Bowgentle
    Options
    @Bowgentle

Basically I'm forced to play with Black Bolt since I champed him and all my potential opponents are people with 5-6 champion 5 :star:  No one else can stand up to the beating. I've recently started raising the levels of other 5 :star: to pair up with.

But anyhow, I just like to vent about PvP.  The scaling is pretty awful. But honestly I do fairly well just trying to navigating PvP solo style. Tried working with folks but I felt way more like I was causing them problems than I was helping. So I'm never going to T5, but at least I can manage 575 almost every time.  

Truthfully though I feel bad for the people who don't have champs that are some how in the same bracket and worth some decent points. They must get screwed over by other people harder than I come down on them. 

Were you running your level 40 Colossus or is that an old roster status?

Bolt is fine of course.
  • therightwaye
    Options
    What I'd like to know is am I in the highest tier of people now? Previous tiers have had some opponents with rosters that are way impressive. This tier I'm in right now, well I'm constantly running into characters who are maxed champed. That Medusa PvP for example had a ton of Max Level Champed Medusas paired with 465 -500 level OML and other 5 star. 

If I keep raising the level of my 5 :star: so that I can play with any variety/choice, is there yet another tier for me to end up. MPQ's own layers of hell. 
  • therightwaye
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    @Bowgentle

Were you running your level 40 Colossus or is that an old roster status?

Bolt is fine of course.
    @Bowgentle

Oh I got tired of keeping track of my 3 :star: level. So I moved them all to level 40.  However, my Colossus was one of my 12 unchamped 3 :star: So yeah, certainly a juicier target for people. I totally expect that. Just within 3 minutes, that was just too ugly. 

• therightwaye
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Ah, 16 hour mark is also a hot time to hop if people use the 8,3,8 shield hop schedule or some variation of it.

The loaner that Bowgentle mentioned is the basic 1/1/1 lvl 40 (boosted to 135) Colossus given for us by the game or the fully covered lvl 40 that sometimes people have.

But, I know you have a lvl 53 Colossus. :wink: It's not strictly a loaner, but the health would be quite similar to a loaner. Unfortunately with your 5*s, you are visible to other 5* players from quite early in the event. With the flurry of Black Panther and Thanos out there, your team would be very juicy to them.

So many Black Panther/Thano5 pairings. A hot combo for sure, but just so tiring to see all the time. I hope that Black Bolt gets a similar style pairing. Maybe Lockjaw? How cool would that be. Two more covers though and maybe I'll have a fair pairing with Silver Surfer (5/2/4). 

• Bowgentle
    Options
    Run Bolt with high level Medusa this week.
  • therightwaye
    edited August 2017
    Options
    OJSP said:
    What I'd like to know is am I in the highest tier of people now?
    No

Previous tiers have had some opponents with rosters that are way impressive. This tier I'm in right now, well I'm constantly running into characters who are maxed champed. That Medusa PvP for example had a ton of Max Level Champed Medusas paired with 465 -500 level OML and other 5 star. If I keep raising the level of my 5 :star: so that I can play with any variety/choice, is there yet another tier for me to end up. MPQ's own layers of hell.
    I'm not sure why you can queue lvl 500 OML now, there should be several layers of MMR between having one championed 5*s and lvl 465-500 5*s.
    Quick look now, the first person I pulled up has a 522 Thano5, 517 BP, 492 Hawkeye, 488 Phoenix, 477 SS, 476 OML, 474 DR 5trange... ha they don't actually have a champed Black Bolt. 

SKIP!

• therightwaye
    Options
    Most others just have a 450-460 5 :star: crew. 

I'm shocked that there are levels of hell worse than this. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Options
    That low level Colossus is definitely Thano5 bait in your MMR
  • therightwaye
    edited August 2017
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Quick look now, the first person I pulled up has a 522 Thano5, 517 BP, 492 Hawkeye, 488 Phoenix, 477 SS, 476 OML, 474 DR 5trange... ha they don't actually have a champed Black Bolt. 

SKIP!

What is that the actual team you are seeing in the node? What is your score now? Which slice are you playing in?
    OJSP said:

SKIP!

What is that the actual team you are seeing in the node? What is your score now? Which slice are you playing in?
    Ah yes, well 458 OML, 378 Colossus, 453 Thano5. 

That above one had their Thano5 out. Along with Thing and Colossus, I don't remember those levels though. I'm in slice 5 currently and I'm at 854 points ranked #15.  Choose CL7 this time around to see if it was different than CL8. I jump around slices though for whatever works best for my time frame. Generally I play CL8 which feels about the same except faster to get to 575 points. @OJSP

• therightwaye
    Options
    I've never been sure about the whole changing CL affects your opponent options. That's kind of annoying. 
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you are hopping with a unchamped 3*, consider one fight per hop - gets expensive but minimises exposure time.
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    BB is the best 5*, but if you don't have any support, you'll get eaten alive. The think you have leveled pass what your roster actually can handle. 
  • therightwaye
    Options
    FokaiHI said:
    BB is the best 5*, but if you don't have any support, you'll get eaten alive. The think you have leveled pass what your roster actually can handle. 
    Yeah, I'm trying to get there. But those 5 :star: covers are rare. I might just end up saving all the CP until I can buy covers. :(