Hawkeye (Modern) Champion Reward Change (8/8/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,
Starting in tomorrow's daily patch, Hawkeye (Modern) will reward Hawkeye (Hawkguy) covers, instead of Iron Man (Model 40). 

Much like several other updates in the past, this change was done to keep the 4-Star Champion progression reward similar to the 3-Star character it comes from. The team will continue to review and identify other areas where this update can be applied, and once there is communicable information, I will be sure to inform everyone of the change.

Cheers!

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sure. Makes sense to me.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm fine with this but as punter suggested I'm suprised they are bothering to change just 1 and not several like they have in the past.  Seems really odd. I guess it's cause it's a 2* and the only logical 2* change??
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Punter1 said:

Makes sense, but why not also move:

Rocket & Groot to Rocket & Groot - currently Drax

Gamora to Gamora - currently Star-lord - along with Star-Lord - no need for 2x 3* to reward the same 4*

Thor to Thor - currently RHulk - though you then need to move Mohawk

Colossus to someone else, him and Patch give XFW

Rags or Dak - move one off X-23

Surely, can't be that tricky

I have to agree. It would have been nice to get a big overhaul all at once, especially with Vaulting gone. Oh well, its a start.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    K, fine, but I want a 2* IM so I can keep getting IM40 covers from my 2* farm.

It's the next new hot release, right?
  • Jaedenkaal
    edited August 2017
    Options

Bonus hero ;) You can't have that much more to do with your 3* BH pick.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Bonus hero ;) You can't have that much more to do with your 3* BH pick.
    Already done! But I want more! More!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Darn. I was hoping the new news was that Marvel put up the Piecing Together article. Well, this will sure help Hawkguy hit 265 before I get the Kate Bishop covers in resupply. (Actually, I will probably have him rerostered well before that). Meanwhile, Gamor4 and R4G will probably shuffle out of the Latest Twelve draw bonus before the 3*s change their Champ bonuses. Whoever else might change is a good question. Thanos change to Drax (or Nebula)? Thor to Thor? Ragnarok to... um... Sandman maybe? I don't think there will be any crys or "But I don't wanna roster Rags!" unless Sandman is suddenly changed to amazing. Colossus should logically change to Spider Woman due to similarity in powers. Maybe Storm to Cloak and Dagger? Or... I don't know, Carnage? They both make Attack tiles with black, and shatter tiles with green. Anything to free the logical Thor to Thor pairing up.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This was done in the offseason before.  Why the rush?  I agree with this move, but others should be done at the same time.  
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beer40 said:
    Punter1 said:

Makes sense, but why not also move:

Rocket & Groot to Rocket & Groot - currently Drax

Gamora to Gamora - currently Star-lord - along with Star-Lord - no need for 2x 3* to reward the same 4*

Thor to Thor - currently RHulk - though you then need to move Mohawk

Colossus to someone else, him and Patch give XFW

Rags or Dak - move one off X-23

Surely, can't be that tricky

I have to agree. It would have been nice to get a big overhaul all at once, especially with Vaulting gone. Oh well, its a start.
    Shhhh, not until I get 3* Grocket to 265 for the red Drax cover, the only cover in the 4* tier I don't have. :smile:

In all seriousness, I'm sure they will update those champ rewards at some point, but they seem to move fairly slow on updating the 3* rewards. 

In my estimation, the bigger problem is that the 4* tier has now outpaced the 3* tier, and has since before the last update, which means there will be more and more 4* characters that will never be given out as champ rewards. 

That is, unless they start having 3*s give out a total of six covers, and double up 4* characters for some 3* characters. That will likely never happen, but a guy can dream, right? 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I proposed Rescue to be a 2* IM years ago. I still want that ;.;
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They could just make 1 star IM a two star. Just boost his health and powers to 2 star levels, boom ready to make 2 star Iron Man.

Gonna miss those im40 covers, but this works out just as well since hawkguy is my BH current trying to get him to 223.
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I was waiting for that since Hawkeye (Hawkguy) was released, thanks! Now, as others have pointed, I hope we can get an update soon in the 3 star tier too (Groot, Gamora, Colossus/Patch, Rags/Daken).
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2 to 3 star transition just got a lot slower. Sorry, guys.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Daiches said:
    2 to 3 star transition just got a lot slower. Sorry, guys.
    No it didn't. Maybe a tiny bit, but no one in the 2-3 transition was flipping hawkeye 3-4 times for the IM40 covers. If he's that important, making him your bonus hero will get him to 13 covers soon enough. 
  • AlluAllu
    AlluAllu Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    IM40 is top tier, but Hawkguy is not that far behind. His arrows do fun stuff and the passive part of his black is great for generating purple and blue. Plus, he has a true heal. 
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Um...when did She-Hulk rewards change to Gwenpool? Did anyone see an announcement about this?
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bob554 said:
    Um...when did She-Hulk rewards change to Gwenpool? Did anyone see an announcement about this?
     That's been several months ago at least. Off the top of my head, some of the other changes at that time included Psylocke switched to giving Peggy covers, Thanos switched to Spider-Woman, 3* Carol switched to 4* Carol... there were a few others I can't remember.

Actually, here's the link to that announcement thread. Looks like it was back in April: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/63653/champion-reward-update-for-select-3-stars-4-21-17/p1