SHIELD Resupply List Updating Please/Changes

Options
The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2017 in MPQ General Discussion

Last week, I was looking at the Resupply list and was talking with my ally on Line we, along with others, noticed something.  As of right now, you get a 5* every 90 days in the order they were released starting on day 730 with Silver Surfer Black.  Looking ahead, on day 1360, you get Bruce Banner Purple.  So this is every 90 days for 1 5* cover that could be a dupe that CS will not change for you.  These will follow the order they were released.  Black Bolt, Black Widow, Dr Strange, Thanos, Black Panther, Hawkeye, Star Lord, Doc Ock and Spider-Man. 

Now, they are releasing 5* about every 6 weeks or 42 days.  So if you are on day 1360, you can expect your Spider-Man Blue on day 2170!!!  Yes, after 2 years of him being released or almost year 6 of the game.  I don't know about you, but that seems a little bit ridiculous and we don't know if they will bring out another tier by then.

I think there should be 2 things done to this for the 5* in the resupply drop. 

1.  5* should be changed to every 30-45 days.  With the schedule of releases, this would at least try and push them up to a reasonable supply drop.

2.  While I know colorless covers will probably never come into the game full time, I think the Resupply drop would be a great place to start, or let us exchange them for the same character but another cover.  I personally have my 4th Cap America Yellow coming in a few days and he is still 5/3/2 or 9/3/2.  

I know there are other items that should be addressed for the supply drop, but this one I think needs to be taken a look at first. 

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm also looking forward to selling my 5th (10 total) red Iron Man 5*.
  • like1tiger
    like1tiger Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    It would be a great idea, would also be nice if the whole daily supply list was updated and relevant instead of old rewards and the random rewards are terrible
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Options

I'm day 1189, having gone through a string of random rewards that was just a waste of time. I love boosts, but I don't really need them. From that perspective, for people that have progressed their roster past a certain point, the daily resupply doesn't do anything for them. It's part of a needed overhaul game wide.

They need to recognize that the meta has shifted, 4* are not so rare and coveted anymore, and adjust rewards at all levels of the game, including PvP and PvE.

And yes, a standard token on 1188 is a slap in the face.

• Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    That thing needs one hell of a make-over.

The problem with just changing the reward table is either:

You do it retroactively and day-1 players are going to raise a stink about missing XY and Z from day 847.
    You do it only in the future and newer players are going to raise a stink about pulling another two years of tiny kittens.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey!  Don't take away my 6th green Phoenix coming in just 3 days (910 here).  It will really help my..... 5/1/2 Phoenix, who has already been outclassed.  AKA another Never-champ 5 in Classic Jail.

The funny part is thinking the game will be chugging along in 2 more years.  A mere 188 characters or so, more with 3/5 releases.  I'm sure lots of newbies will be jumping in then.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I agree with OP.
    It's frustrating that the rewards haven't kept up with the 5 release rate... And that over 1000 days in I can still get a Std token or 70 ISO...
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If they do change/update the rewards, what happens with someone who is quite along the way?
    Let's say you are at day 601 and you had a standard token for day600. What happens if they change the day600 reward to let's say Thano5 black?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    As a day 500 character I don't see any change to 5* releases benefiting me personally.  I'm still not far into when they start giving out 4* characters and I've already got about 50% of them champed. I'm still over 200 days from the first 5*.  The system needs an all out overhaul.  I rarely find it useful.  So far the only useful thing I've ever gotten from it was last month I got the 13th cover for Thoress. Over the next 200 days there are only 3 rewards I really care about and those are 3 Electra covers (I'm using care about very loosely) and at 64 days away, 94 days away, and 123 days away I'd be shocked if my 1/4/2 will still need all/any of those by the time they come up.

Good things about the system:
    • The ability to plan around upcoming covers.

Bad things about the system:
    • The longer it goes on the more unhelpful the earlier rewards become.
    • The random rewards are all a joke with the possible exception of the 50 HP.

Proposed change:
    Update the system to include two of the best features you've added: Shield Rank and Bonus Heroes.

Sheild Rank:
    Rather than rewards being dictated by how many days let the rewards tier up with each SR (or every 10-20 SRs).  For example in SR1 the random rewards remain what they are in game now (ST/50 HP/100 ISP/250 ISO/Boosts) and you occasionally get 3* covers and STs.  But in SR 125 the random rewards are more like (LT/250 HP/2000 ISO/5000 ISO/Boosts?) and the specific covers are all 5*s.

Bonus Heroes:
    How Bonus Heroes would fit in is rather than giving the same cover to everyone when the specific covers come up it just shows a BH and the first slot highlighted.  When that day comes you get rewarded the cover based on the BH you have selected for the appropriate tier.  So for example if the specific covers came out every 30 days it could look like this:
    Day 30 I'm SR 96 first cover is up.  I have Iceman as a BH and SR 96 dictates I get a 4*, so I get Green.
    Day 60 I'm SR 102 second cover is up.  I've crossed in 5* cover land with 100 SR.  I have Thano5 as BH.  I get Thano5 Purple
    Day 90 I'm SR 107 third cover is up.  I don't need Thano5 green so I change my BH to Spide5 at least a day before.  I get Spide5 red.

I don't think anyone would complain about not getting X reward because this way gives the player the power to choose the reward.  The only way people might complain about missing out is if the system jumps to the next tier before their ready.  But I think that would be a small group.

Edit: I ended up going more indepth into this idea than I thought and it seems like a good suggestion so I copied it to the suggestions section.  If you like it throw is some support: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/66898/update-to-shield-daily-resupply/p1?new=1
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Wah wah wah wah wah ....just kidding! The RS need to be fix....I love the standard tokens I get 900+ days 
  • Maceo511
    Maceo511 Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options
    Daiches said:
    Champ him, then you don't waste covers.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    They've updated the rewards to include cp and lts before. People complained,  no retroactive rewards were given. I think it's fair enough if they update again the same way  so that we at least have  something to look forward to. Better than continuing to get standard tokens and random boosts, most of which sit permanently at 30 for me. 
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I won an OML Black when I already had over 5 of them, so I immediately had to sell it. CS would not exchange for a yellow, which was only at 1 at the time. It didn't feel like a great reward!

I will not complain if they improve login rewards. I won't ask for any back-pay on previous rewards. Go for it!!!
  • gmp72
    gmp72 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Maceo511 said:
    Daiches said:
    Yes, Daiches. How come you didn't do that ? ;)
  • Daiches
    Options
    Maceo511 said:
    Daiches said:
    I'll Champ That 5/3/3 IM RIGHT AWAY.....
  • Daiches
    Options
    gmp72 said:
    Maceo511 said:
    Daiches said:
    I don't know. Maybe I don't know the trick to championing undercovered characters that are stuck in Classics, and of which CS denied swaps for all 4 already sold duplicate covers.
  • gmp72
    gmp72 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Tell me about it.
    0/3/0 Banner and 1/0/0 BSS rostered in the hope that D3 will let me use them somehow, someday ...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gmp72 said:
    Tell me about it.
    0/3/0 Banner and 1/0/0 BSS rostered in the hope that D3 will let me use them somehow, someday ...
    You can use them to get 8k Iso!
    Isn't that something?
  • moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Also, add another bonus to VIP: if you are less than the maximum day in resupply list, for each day of VIP you get 2 days of daily resupply.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good luck with this crusade. I posted the same exact thing in the 4* (mostly/only) release days - that they were releasing 4*'s faster than you were getting single covers in Daily Rewards, and tried to push it for over a year. I moved into pushing for more/faster 5*'s, also ignored.

The daily reward structure has only been lightly touched, and I think it shows that new/renewed payers are much more highly prized than long time loyal players that go freemium.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Daiches said:
    gmp72 said:
    Maceo511 said:
    Daiches said:
    I don't know. Maybe I don't know the trick to championing undercovered characters that are stuck in Classics, and of which CS denied swaps for all 4 already sold duplicate covers.
    "Use this one weird trick to champion your undercovered Classic 5*s.. (Click HERE, it works!)"