Stuck at "fetching player event"

Options
I was playing fine about an hour ago, then Something Went Wrong. I killed the app, and since then I can't start up. I make it through logging in, all the way up to "Fetching Player Event", then it's stuck.

How do I beat this stage?

Comments

• Slypenslyde
    Slypenslyde Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Waiting overnight didn't fix it.

I tried deleting and reinstalling the game. I get past "Fetching Player Event" if I do that, but I get stuck at a screen that is just a background image with no UI.

:(
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    Options
    had this the other night too. took 5 reloads to get back in.
  • Slypenslyde
    Options
    I filed a support ticket, but apparently never snapped a screenshot of my client ID. this is really frustrating. I still can't enter the game.
  • Slypenslyde
    Options
    Still ongoing. So far no response. :(
  • Slypenslyde
    Options
    Looks like you're my only hope, @Brigby .
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi @Slypenslyde. I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue.

Would you mind providing me your support ticket reference number either here or in a private message? I'll take a look at it, and see if there is anything I can do to assist. 
  • Slypenslyde
    Options
    I think the ticket number is 343679, @Brigby, that was in the email I got after filing the ticket.

Sadly I don't have a screenshot of my client number, it was one of those things I kept thinking "I should do this one day." Just started playing about a month ago.

For the record, I just tried logging in again and it's still stuck on "Fetching Player Event".

• Slypenslyde
    Options
    Oh. New information: I've got a friend who plays on Android. We're in a 2-person coalition. He's ALSO stuck at Fetching Player Event. Maybe something's busted with our coalition?
  • Slypenslyde
    Options
    Haven't heard anything since a request to re-supply some information I'd already supplied towards the end of yesterday.

If this goes on for 48 hours, @Brigby, I demand you post something with an MtG joke as compensation. Something lame counts, like, "I'm sorry the game cast Arrest on you, you're going to have to wait to draw Flicker to log in".

Yeah, I'm bored.
  • Brigby
    Options
    Can I steal that joke? :p 

In all seriousness though, it's peculiar that your fellow Coalition member is on Android and also experiencing this issue. I've requested the Customer Support team escalate your ticket up to the development team's support queue. Hopefully they'll be able to identify the issue.
  • Slypenslyde
    Options
    I don't post jokes that can't be stolen ;)

I reckon it suggests something about our coalition got borked. Hopefully it wasn't Ruinous Gremlins. I... can't immediately think of a card that fetches artifacts from the yard but I'm sure there is one.
  • Slypenslyde
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Still stuck this morning. Maybe they can just treat it like the account was wiped? I don't mind if I lose a little progress. 

My friend's able to log in now, for whatever reason.
  • Brigby
    Options
    Hi @Slypenslyde
    Your ticket has been escalated to the development team's support queue, so rest assured that your ticket will be reviewed by a developer, and they'll be able to identify what's going on with your account
  • Slypenslyde
    Options
    Downloaded the 2.2.2 update, it hasn't changed anything. Sort of starting to lose motivation.
  • Brigby
    Options
    Hi @Slypenslyde
    The 2.2.2 update only added a fix to prevent iOS players from losing their account again. When it comes to your specific issue, I'm afraid a developer will need to investigate in order to identify the issue.

If you truly wish to have your account treated as if it was wiped though, then I can reach out to Customer Support to see if there is any way they are able to restore your account to a previous date
  • Slypenslyde
    edited August 2017
    Options
    That's probably a decent option, and sort of what I expected from the start. I don't exactly have wealth and hadn't pulled a rare or mythic I cared about for maybe 2-3 days before the 2.2.1 update arrived. Truth be told I barely remember what my decks were like anymore. I'm going to miss the last week of daily login bonuses a lot more than whatever I pulled from packs last Sunday.
  • Brigby
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Understood. Well then I'll reach out to Customer Support to let them know you'd like to proceed with this option, and they should reach out to you soon to begin the procedure.

Depending on the severity of the account issue though, it's possible you might need to create a new account, and then Customer Support will credit your new account with all the items from your old one. If that is the case, then they will reach out to you with those instructions.
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Im stuck too. Trial of Ambition just ended and I'm going to guess it's failing on resolving ending the event... again...

Finally got in, but im still guessing if you're in an event and a different one ends, the game has problems interrupting your current event to resolve ending the ended event... ( sorry, it's late for me... dialog is hard...
  • Slypenslyde
    Options
    @Brigby : I'm sure you guys are going through a heck of a lot of chaos right now, so I'm not going to pile on some salt.

But for the record, whoever sent the email yesterday asking me to complete the tutorial then send the new UID seems to have forgotten to actually reset my account. I've deleted the app a couple of times, and I still get stuck at "fetching player event". A lot of people would be pretty dang mean in return right now and spewing salt.

Instead, well, you seemed to do a pretty damn good job interacting with the forums, a bunch of the people here are some of the maddest, saltiest players of a game I've ever seen. If the recent news is bad news for you, I hope it works out in the end.
  • Slypenslyde
    Options
    Yeaaaaah. The developer just clarified that because I'm on iOS, the only way to really reset the account is to do a factory restore. I'm not invested enough in the game to go through that process.

If you've got access to the devs, you might want to ask them to consider a "clear data" button in the initial UI or some better way to handle this state. It seems very bad that a user can get into states that require them to delete all of their phone's data just to get a server-side reset.

Again, I'm sure bigger things are on their mind, but dang. This is going to happen to a whale one day.