Options
Marrhault
Marrhault Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
Cast out now works properly?

Any idea where it was failing seemed fine to me?

Comments

• ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not sure either. They've gone back and forth about whether this should auto cast given that it's a support and all other supports do whether there is a valid target or not. Perhaps it's back to auto casting?
  • Marrhault
    Marrhault Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Only other odd thing I've seen is if the disable is cancelled for one turn it doesn't go back to disabled
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Please check out the official 2.2.1 Release Notes HERE

To answer your question though, the bug was that Cast Out would automatically cast with no creatures on the field. This is now fixed.
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Marrhault said:
    Only other odd thing I've seen is if the disable is cancelled for one turn it doesn't go back to disabled
    This is because the disable from cast out is a one-time effect during casting that lasts until the disable is removed (e.g. the exert part of combat celebrant), or the support is destroyed. It isn't a persistently applied disable like claustrophobia which has to reapply by nature of it affecting the first creature rather than target creature.
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 545 Critical Contributor
    Options
    But shouldn't the creature return to disabled? The card text says disable target creature until this support is destroyed. Removing the disable effect for one turn does not destroy the support.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am pretty sure cast out still hits autocasts when no creatures are on the board.  95% sure I had this happen to me today. 
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Sorin81

Unfortunately, combat celebrant did not recover only for one turn from cast out
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Sorin81 said:
    But shouldn't the creature return to disabled? The card text says disable target creature until this support is destroyed. Removing the disable effect for one turn does not destroy the support.

Cards which say "enable", such as Act of Heroism and Hixus, remove the disable keyword without specifying a duration; i.e., permanently. Thus, even if Cast Out remains on the board, it has been overwritten.
  • Sorin81
    Options
    madwren said:
    Sorin81 said:

Cards which say "enable", such as Act of Heroism and Hixus, remove the disable keyword without specifying a duration; i.e., permanently. Thus, even if Cast Out remains on the board, it has been overwritten.
    I really didn't think about it like that but yeah that makes sense.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    babar3355 said:
    I am pretty sure cast out still hits autocasts when no creatures are on the board.  95% sure I had this happen to me today. 
    Hmm that's peculiar. Thanks for the feedback. I'll relay this information to the developers.
  • Sorin81
    Options
    @Brigby

Just happened to me as well. Playing a match in Training Grounds against a Koth deck. First card in my hand and the first played on either side. Auto cast with no creatures on field.
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. Please check out the official 2.2.1 Release Notes HERE

To answer your question though, the bug was that Cast Out would automatically cast with no creatures on the field. This is now fixed.
    Cast out in 2.2.1 is bugged it auto casted before
    strangely enough I didnt have this issue on 2.2
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You can see here it has been reported in 2.2 version.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/66775/cast-out-oath-of-liliana#latest