Cast Out/Oath of Liliana

Options
shteev
shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
Cast Out has been changed so it does not autocast if you do not choose a target.

Oath of Liliana has not.

Comments

• Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Cast Out does not autocast all the time atleast. I have had it happen on a couple of occasions on HoR now since I don't deactivate it as before. Haven't found  a way to repeat it though.

Edit: Just had it happen on turn 1, nothing in play.
    Cascaded for 8 white and 14 green and it autocast Cast Out and also Cartouche of Solidarity in same turn.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For me once has autocasted and other not.

I think that if there is a valid objective it asks before being casted (I clicked "Not now" button and it has not being casted) and if not then autocast.
  • Scottyp_123
    Scottyp_123 Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    It autocasted on me this morning during my opening move when there were not targets at all on the battlefield (I just got a targetless support gem), then later in the same match I was able to choose "not now" and it didn't cast at all.

I guess there is still a little work to be done on this one. 
  • rafalele
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @Brigby are devs aware of this new double strange behaviour? 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Since both Cast Out and Oath of Liliana are being referenced here, would you mind clarifying which card you are referring to having inconsistent casting behavior? Thanks!

@rafalele @Sottyp_123

• rafalele
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Thank you @Brigby

I'm talking about Cast Out. Since the last update it has two different casting ways for me:

1. When there is no creature in the battlefield it is casted altough you press "Not now" button. 

2. If there is any creature in battlefield,  mine or IA's, it does not cast after pressing "Not now" button.
  • Brigby
    Options
    @rafalele
    Thanks for the info! Looks like the recent 2.2.1 update actually has a fix in for that. Cast Out should no longer automatically cast when there are no creatures on the battlefield.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did you fix Oath of Liliana too?
  • rafalele
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Sorry @Brigby,  I have wrongly reported to you in general discussion, in the new 2.2.1 release notes post, that Cast out still has the same behavior. Nothing has changed.
  • Brigby
    Options
    shteev said:
    I unfortunately do not have any information pertaining to Oath of Liliana's appropriate card behavior, however I will inquire the developers about it.

rafalele said:
    Sorry Brigby,  I have wrongly reported to you in general discussion, in the new 2.2.1 release notes post, that Cast out still has the same behavior. Nothing has changed.
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll pass that info along to the team, and they'll be sure to investigate.
  • rafalele
    Options
    Brigby said:
    shteev said:
    I unfortunately do not have any information pertaining to Oath of Liliana's appropriate card behavior, however I will inquire the developers about it.

rafalele said:
    Sorry Brigby,  I have wrongly reported to you in general discussion, in the new 2.2.1 release notes post, that Cast out still has the same behavior. Nothing has changed.
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll pass that info along to the team, and they'll be sure to investigate.
    Thank you @Brigby
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It sounds like maybe Cast Out is auto casting if it's reinforcing an existing Cast Out on the field. Am I reading that right?

I would think that being able to reinforce it even without a new target would be valuable. 
  • rafalele
    Options
    wereotter said:
    It sounds like maybe Cast Out is auto casting if it's reinforcing an existing Cast Out on the field. Am I reading that right?

I would think that being able to reinforce it even without a new target would be valuable. 
    No, it is only autocasting if there is no creature in battlefield. 

Of course, always it can be reinforced without a new target creature on board.