Where is The Gauntlet?

2»

Comments

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    Joshe67 said:
    The last thing we need is more events fighting the Dark Avengers over and over again 
    Agreed. So tired of fighting dark avengers. We haven't had a new or refreshed (non-boss) event in a very long time.
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    I always liked the gauntlet challenge, though hated the rewards, even recently updated rewards are just not cutting it. I would like to see gauntlet again with updated rewards, and if possible together with another pve event. I usually finish it within 24 hr, and then have nothing to do for next 7 days, which makes it so boring. As for heroics, i guess they just didnt run them for a while in order to get those scl based scaling tests and whatever not.. i suspect we will have them back sooner than later. However i would like if we could have an option to do them with limited rosters for better prizes... but i dont think that will ever happen...
  • oldtimes
    oldtimes Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Joshe67 said:
    The last thing we need is more events fighting the Dark Avengers over and over again 

Looks like somebody doesn't want the Dark Avengers stopped........
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Events are tired. We don't need constant events. Just throw up 9 nodes with some varying match-ups and let us have at it. Why does there have to be a story? We all just double-arrow through the talking heads anyway - its meaningless.

Or center PvE around a character like PvP. Feature a different character every PvE and center that character as an enemy in every node, with various teams. We might learn something as players, like interesting teams we like or never thought of.

Have affiliation-themed PvE rounds, where we fight different combinations of Avengers, mutants, villains, etc.

PvE lacks any of the imagination or creativity many PvP events have.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Tony Foot said:
    I'd rather meet Rocket and Groot.
    You, like the rest of us, should be best mates with Rocket and Groot by now.  :p
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Events are tired. We don't need constant events. Just throw up 9 nodes with some varying match-ups and let us have at it. Why does there have to be a story? We all just double-arrow through the talking heads anyway - its meaningless.
    Isn't that basically what Simulator is?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, and I like Simulator.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Simulator event is like the Gauntlet, but shorter with better rewards.

The Gauntlet stalls iso gain. It is not fun to farm hard nodes for some paltry iso, and have nothing to do once you're done.

Ignore the placement indicator and play Similator to progression.  A 4*cover AND CP?  A better Gauntlet.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Milk Jugz said:
    My primary issue is that sans Heroics, we're repeating the same ~events over and over again. And most of the against the same band of opponents. After a year and a half, I am SO TIRED of some of these events. And opponents. I would like some variation. I don't know that I really want Heroics back now that I've progressed enough to really have favorite well-built characters.

But Strange Sights and The Gauntlet and anything else that doesn't feel like a treadmill of the same-old same-old are refreshing. Except The Hulk. As a 3-Day event, great. As a 7-Day event that thing is the sloggiest slog of healthpack chew toys. Oh, wait. Most of that was the same opponents too. NM. Carry on...

ETA: Deadpool vs MQP used to fit the category of refreshing too, but it's cycling again so fast now that I'm getting bored with that too.
    Get used to it, they only have so many events......
    Well yeah. Right NOW they do. But they can add more.... hint mc hinty hint hint.
    @Brigby. Admit it. You were snickering when you read this weren't you?

Yay for new PVE!
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Milk Jugz said:
    My primary issue is that sans Heroics, we're repeating the same ~events over and over again. And most of the against the same band of opponents. After a year and a half, I am SO TIRED of some of these events. And opponents. I would like some variation. I don't know that I really want Heroics back now that I've progressed enough to really have favorite well-built characters.

But Strange Sights and The Gauntlet and anything else that doesn't feel like a treadmill of the same-old same-old are refreshing. Except The Hulk. As a 3-Day event, great. As a 7-Day event that thing is the sloggiest slog of healthpack chew toys. Oh, wait. Most of that was the same opponents too. NM. Carry on...

ETA: Deadpool vs MQP used to fit the category of refreshing too, but it's cycling again so fast now that I'm getting bored with that too.
    Get used to it, they only have so many events......
    Well yeah. Right NOW they do. But they can add more.... hint mc hinty hint hint.
    @Brigby. Admit it. You were snickering when you read this weren't you?

Yay for new PVE!
    I have to say, good call!! Though the marvel article calls it a "revamped Guardians event". Still I agree, new story, yay!!!!! 
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Yes to both but Gauntlet needs a big reward rework or run simultaneously with other PvE events. The Season long idea is interesting. As for Heroics, always liked them (restricted Heroics), bring it back. 

Edit: Know what else needs a comeback? Double iso.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind said:
    I don't want to see the gauntlet purely because I don't want to see 100 threads whining about how it's too hard, the rewards aren't good enough, node X is unfair, et cetera ad infinitum.
    Gauntlet = progression only PVE. Isn't that what many forumites want?
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind said:
    I don't want to see the gauntlet purely because I don't want to see 100 threads whining about how it's too hard, the rewards aren't good enough, node X is unfair, et cetera ad infinitum.
    They claim so in theory.... 
  • Talus9952
    Talus9952 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Milk Jugz said:
    Jarvind said:
    They claim so in theory.... 
    Except the rewards haven't been updated.  You can play any other pve event now, and not care about placement, and you would get more rewards from progression than the rewards in gauntlet.
  • RedLion
    RedLion Posts: 70 Match Maker
    The Gauntlet is death for ISO income as it's currently structured. Compared to a normal 7-day PVE, it generates (I'm estimating, YMMV) 100,000 less ISO. However, if you ran the Gauntlet concurrently with other PVE events (to maintain that sweet, sweet ISO flow), I'd be cool with that. Also, if it was run that way, I'd give everybody two weeks to finish it. 

Alternatively, if you want to make the Gauntlet great again, run it as a PVE, but make it a 2-day event. That fits the ISO rewards better, and would really force people to get creative with their roster to finish it (or buy health packs). A side benefit: everybody who hates the Gauntlet would only get to hate it for two days.