Where is The Gauntlet?

dr tinykittylove
dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
And where are Heroics?

Admittedly traditional Gauntlet rewards are beyond tinykitty and Gauntlet runs are frightful resource droughts, but surely we're due for another one by now?

Would also love the old restricted roster heroics back - I'd pay a hp entry fee to open one (or a Gauntlet) to play separate from competitive pve for the challenge and diversity.

Pretty please?

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boo to Gauntlet, but yeah, where are the Heroics? And if you. Ring them back, bring back the real Heroics, not the stupid unrestricted roster ones.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boo heroics.  I'd be Ok with Gauntlet though.  If nothing else it's a nice break from the PvE grind.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    If they bring the Gauntlet back under the NEW PVE structure then Hooray! But Gauntlet scaled to your roster? No thanks. Those enemy teams were flat out evil.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,795 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd rather meet Rocket and Groot.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Love the Gauntlet (one of my favorite PvE events) although they do need to have their prize structures updated. I have also been feeling like it has been too long since we've had one.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hate the Gauntlet and I like the concept of Heroics but haven't missed it for even one second.

Wouldn't be opposed to a return to character restrictions, though, so we don't get anymore Moonstone mirror matches in PvE.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    I'd be happy with a gauntlet week soon

We've not had civil war for a while now or galactus hungers would like another crack at that now that I have a good 4* roster 

• veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    I hope they are turning it into Season-based PvE event similar to S.H.I.E.L.D :D
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't want to see the gauntlet purely because I don't want to see 100 threads whining about how it's too hard, the rewards aren't good enough, node X is unfair, et cetera ad infinitum.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind said:
    I don't want to see the gauntlet purely because I don't want to see 100 threads whining about how it's too hard, the rewards aren't good enough, node X is unfair, et cetera ad infinitum.
    Imagine if it was possible to run Gauntlet and Boss Rush at the same time...  :o
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Jarvind said:
    What's really funny about that is the name of the event implies difficulty- The Gauntlet. Yet people still complain about the difficulty.... I like the event, but not as the main PVE for the week. If they could run it next to regular events I would be very happy with that. The resources it provides are just not there, but I like gauging how I've progressed my roster. First run, I couldn't finish the second set. Next time, couldn't finish the third. The 3rd run I finished everything but just once. The 4th and last time it has ran in my time in the game I finished the whole thing 3 times!!

EDIT: Forgot the OP mentioned Heroics too. I would love to see restricted rosters back!! I think it adds a little puzzle to the mPq experience. Maybe not necessarily the heroic events, I am tired of seeing Daken, Moonstone, Yelena, Jugg, etc.... But, maybe, every month or few, run an event with the roster restrictions
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny said:
    I hope they are turning it into Season-based PvE event similar to S.H.I.E.L.D :D
    Actually, I've been thinking about a PVE season so I would love to have things in it like the gauntlet or a 20 round wave mission survival mode. Maybe a challenge mode like beating enemies under certain conditions like abilities are disabled or 3 on 1 handicap matches. Timed trial mode. Lots of fun stuff to do outside of what we have now which is just ddq, the pve event, the pvp event, shield sim and on occasion a lightning round.
  • Mordee
    Mordee Posts: 53 Match Maker
    I want gauntlet, but pass on Heroics. 

I'm with everyone that wants the prizes to be better in the gauntlet mode. 
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    I'm sure they are going to listen and give us Gauntlet with Heroics mechanics built in. The prizes will be good, but to be a real gauntlet they will put up the best teams the community has been using or at least boosted characters with heavy goon feeders that will make them fire cheap and nasty powers every other turn and then restrict the player character pools to just the worse characters in the meta and descaling of characters rather than boosting them. Just because the community asked for it of course :-)
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    My primary issue is that sans Heroics, we're repeating the same ~events over and over again. And most of the against the same band of opponents. After a year and a half, I am SO TIRED of some of these events. And opponents. I would like some variation. I don't know that I really want Heroics back now that I've progressed enough to really have favorite well-built characters.

But Strange Sights and The Gauntlet and anything else that doesn't feel like a treadmill of the same-old same-old are refreshing. Except The Hulk. As a 3-Day event, great. As a 7-Day event that thing is the sloggiest slog of healthpack chew toys. Oh, wait. Most of that was the same opponents too. NM. Carry on...

ETA: Deadpool vs MQP used to fit the category of refreshing too, but it's cycling again so fast now that I'm getting bored with that too.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    My primary issue is that sans Heroics, we're repeating the same ~events over and over again. And most of the against the same band of opponents. After a year and a half, I am SO TIRED of some of these events. And opponents. I would like some variation. I don't know that I really want Heroics back now that I've progressed enough to really have favorite well-built characters.

But Strange Sights and The Gauntlet and anything else that doesn't feel like a treadmill of the same-old same-old are refreshing. Except The Hulk. As a 3-Day event, great. As a 7-Day event that thing is the sloggiest slog of healthpack chew toys. Oh, wait. Most of that was the same opponents too. NM. Carry on...

ETA: Deadpool vs MQP used to fit the category of refreshing too, but it's cycling again so fast now that I'm getting bored with that too.
    Get used to it, they only have so many events......
  • Joshe67
    Joshe67 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    The last thing we need is more events fighting the Dark Avengers over and over again 
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Milk Jugz said:

Get used to it, they only have so many events......
    Well yeah. Right NOW they do. But they can add more.... hint mc hinty hint hint.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    I'd be perfectly fine if they brought the gauntlet back, with no updates to rewards, if they run it concurrently with other PvEs. The gauntlet is great as an event that you can do as you want, but overall it's a dip in iso and other resources. But as side event? It'd be great!