"Double-tap? Triple-tap? More? Who cares? Go for it!"
76% 66 votes
"Anyone who hits someone more than once is a tinykitty!"
23% 20 votes

Comments

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    seeing as i just got hit by the same guy 3 times, which prevented me from getting 900 in the mockingbird event, i'm going to go with tinykitty.

i do realize that targets are hard to come by and there may not be better options.

if they'd do a better job of matchmaking this wouldn't be an issue. or just make it so if you hit someone, they are removed from potential targets for an hour.
  • MpqTron
    MpqTron Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    The issue for me is that I often run out of of targets. I only double tap if that is the case, but I do do it 
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    I've been the victim of the triple and double tap but it's all part of the game.  I play in a slice where score suppression is very present which means that if you stay out too long on a hop you will get smacked back down.  On the plus side that same suppression means that with a 1200 score in SCL 7 you almost always have a good shot at top 5.  

On my climb I'll double if there is nothing else in the Q worth points.  I try to give some time between taps but sometimes that just isn't possible.  I try not to triple but that is less about altruism and more about avoiding feuds.  
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I try to avoid doing it if I notice, but sometimes I don't really pay attention to the names. And then there was the time I hit 800 for the first time, but it involved hitting one person like 4-5 times because they were literally the only target I could find worth more than 20 points. I felt kind of bad about that, but it was either that or just give up on that PvP.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the idea of there being an hour wait before you would see the same person again. They could also do something like you have to take a certain amount of fights before they show up again so you can't just keep skipping fights looking for one person. I would suggest adding more computer teams into the mix to change things up. Nothing like the easy seed teams but teams closer to your level.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
     Did we need another post/poll about this?
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    No reason to hide behind a private poll. I hit anyone, as many times as necessary, to reach my goal. I only look at names to see if I recognize the name from the Forums. Probably have multi tapped people. Never purposely. Never cared if it happened to me, maliciously or not.
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    My MO is 2x/event unless you're hitting me.   Then gloves off and I will climb off you (and you'll climb off me so it's not awful).  

This 2x includes climb and hops as best I can.  I really do try to spread out the hits, but sometimes it's hard, especially at the end of the climb
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    After you play in a particular slice, you will see the same names over and over. Either snipers or regular players, it doesn't matter. Hit away. I got tagged by a known sniper and his buddy while i was floating for 8 hits. The next event, I hit him back. No big deal. Cannot help. There are only so many targets. If you take it personal, that's on you. 
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    What is a "sniper"?
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    I don't check names, either. 
    just get your points. 
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I've learned to accept multi taps as part of the game. Someone can tap me for a few hundred points but that can EASILY be built back up early in the event. A lot harder to do in he last few hours, so I make sure that I've achieved 1200 progression by mid event. I know I'm not placing higher than top 25 with the competition so anything that happens after hitting 1200 is just "extra play" imo. I personally don't multi tap in a row but I've hit certain players 5-10 times spread out over the course of an event. 
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    My answer is somewhere between the 2 poll options.  I think hitting someone 3-4 times in a row is inappropriate.  I'll hit others twice if they're good points, but I try to hit someone else in between.  That way if they're shield hopping they're most like shielded again. 
  • Maceo511
    Maceo511 Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    What is a "sniper"?
    I learned in another thread, it's someone who grabs a late bracket
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I always try to be courteous and won't hit anyone more than twice unless the matchmaker really won't give me anyone else close to the same power and points level. But if the matchmaker is tilted and I need points, I do what I must. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    I always try to be courteous and won't hit anyone more than twice unless the matchmaker really won't give me anyone else close to the same power and points level. But if the matchmaker is tilted and I need points, I do what I must. 
    That's about where I end up. I'll do it, but only as a last resort. Well, when I notice their names anyway. Most times, I'm just looking at the points and team composition and not player names. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rod5 said:
    Hit as many times as you want/need. It's PvP. But do it purely because you want to make your score higher, not for any other reason. 
    Beer40 said:
    No reason to hide behind a private poll. I hit anyone, as many times as necessary, to reach my goal. I only look at names to see if I recognize the name from the Forums. Probably have multi tapped people. Never purposely. Never cared if it happened to me, maliciously or not.
    DarthDeVo said:
    Borstock said:
    That's about where I end up. I'll do it, but only as a last resort. Well, when I notice their names anyway. Most times, I'm just looking at the points and team composition and not player names. 
    I agree with all of this, as I said in the last pvp thread, I rarely name check during a climb but I know I've double and tripled people. Best part? I'm not sorry!! It's pvp, deal with it!!!! 
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I play in s4, where the 5* MMR is about 90% friendlies.  So if you're one of the known snipers, you'll get hit 2, 3, 4, 5 times.  If you're just in the bracket chilling then I'll only hit you twice if I have absolutely no other targets.  And even then I'll feel bad about it (for a minute or so).
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    MojoWild said:
     Did we need another post/poll about this?
    We might need a poll to see if we should post another poll about this.
This discussion has been closed.