HFH : Moon Knight Purple?

MidniteRider
MidniteRider Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
@Brigby

Just looking for clarification, but shouldn't the color offered this time around be GREEN? If I remember correctly, this "round" of heroes for hire would be the last color offered from characters. 

Thus really sucks as my Moon Knight sits at 3/5/4 and I had every intention on purchasing the last color (green) to finish this character.

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry OP.  Sad fact is that HfH sucks now.  Takes forever to cycle and is locked on one color making it inevitably useless for some portion of the playerbase. 

Needs to cycle faster or offer players a choice of color.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    there's one more insult to injury in that it seems that the color in the vault seems to also be purple so you don't even get a chance to maybe get lucky on a draw to get your missing color
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    there's one more insult to injury in that it seems that the color in the vault seems to also be purple so you don't even get a chance to maybe get lucky on a draw to get your missing color
    The cover in the Taco vault is random among the three colors, and are different for other players. Mine's black, for instance. 

To OP, yes it should be green. I'm not sure why it's purple. I know for a fact it was purple last time, as my Moon Knight was 2/0/4; HfH has been the only place I've gotten my lone purple cover. 

(sarcasm) At any rate, hopefully they don't skip green the next time his Crash comes up, which will probably be like 300 days from now. If they do, have fun waiting like 3 years before green comes around again! (/sarcasm)

In all seriousness, when they tied HfH rotation to Crash instead of Behemoth Burrito, they really should have offered the ability to buy a cover of your choice. When you tap on the buy button, a separate window should pop up with an icon for each color of the cover asking you to choose one. You then get that cover with all the extra resources. The store, as it stands, is pretty much a joke, especially compared to what it was. And as they add more 4*s, it's only going to get worse. 
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    HfH has been  a utter failure since the change.  They picked the worse price then decided to keep same hero for 5 days. I guess you make more money offering to sell 1 product every 5 days than 1 product a day, go figure  
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ugh. I really hope this changes before they get to Peggy. I was very much hoping to finally get a blue cover for her that way.
  • Königsmacher
    Königsmacher Posts: 61 Match Maker
    I actually asked Brigby in the HfH anouncement thread how long a cycle will last. This was his answer:

Iron Man (Hulkbuster) was the first character that was with Heroes for Hire and we started with his first cover (Red). Covers sold through Heroes for Hire will be their third cover until we get back to Iron Man (Hulkbuster).

So the purple Moon Knight cover has to be a mistake because the cycle of the third cover is still far away from being finished. Maybe they'll fix it in a daily patch in the coming days.

I bought the cover today and now I can see the preview of the next character. Interestingly, it's Mordo's blue cover, not his purple.
  • DarthDeVo
    I actually asked Brigby in the HfH anouncement thread how long a cycle will last. This was his answer:

Iron Man (Hulkbuster) was the first character that was with Heroes for Hire and we started with his first cover (Red). Covers sold through Heroes for Hire will be their third cover until we get back to Iron Man (Hulkbuster).

So the purple Moon Knight cover has to be a mistake because the cycle of the third cover is still far away from being finished. Maybe they'll fix it in a daily patch in the coming days.

I bought the cover today and now I can see the preview of the next character. Interestingly, it's Mordo's blue cover, not his purple.
    Something must have gotten goofed somewhere, because until Moon Knight they have been offering the proper third cover. @Brigby, is there a reason for this change? And if not, can they change it to offer the covers they said would be offered? 
  • MidniteRider
    I am in the same position that you are in, as my Taco Vault had a purple cover as well. My UNSTABLE 8 vault had a Moon Knight black cover, and since I was not going to purchase the HFH, I made the ignorant decision to try a 10 pack.

When will I learn!!!

I spent the 2800 HP and got 0 of the 4 stars or LT, rather got (7) 2⭐️. 
  • DarthDeVo
    I am in the same position that you are in, as my Taco Vault had a purple cover as well. My UNSTABLE 8 vault had a Moon Knight black cover, and since I was not going to purchase the HFH, I made the ignorant decision to try a 10 pack.

When will I learn!!!

I spent the 2800 HP and got 0 of the 4 stars or LT, rather got (7) 2⭐️. 
    For what it's worth, if you're gonna spend HP for a 10 or 40 pack, it's best to wait until the last day after you've pulled all the event tokens you've earned. 

If you pull a 10 pack on the first day, you have a 1 out of 8 chance of getting any particular cover. But say you wait until the end of the event. For simplicity sake, say you pulled 10 tokens over the course of the event (no 4*s or the LT), then wait until the last day to pull a 10 pack. Now you've got a 1 out of 7 chance. Not a phenomenally different chance, but every bit helps. 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    They should at least offer a useful cover for h2h,  mom knight's purple is pretty much useless when it comes to the crash.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. I've passed this inquiry along to the developers, and I'll update you all once I get a reply.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. I spoke with the developers, and Moon Knight is in fact supposed to be displaying his Green cover, not purple. Unfortunately since the offer is already live, the development team is unable to make any changes to it. They will however account for this issue the next time Moon Knight is available in the store.

Due to the community's feedback though, the development team also noticed that Mordo's next cover would have listed the incorrect one. They have now updated it so that the preview and the store both have the correct cover when Mordo is available. 
  • MidniteRider
    edited August 2017
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I spoke with the developers, and Moon Knight is in fact supposed to be displaying his Green cover, not purple. Unfortunately since the offer is already live, the development team is unable to make any changes to it. They will however account for this issue the next time Moon Knight is available in the store.

Thank you for the super fast communication and response...

....HOWEVER....

....This is a complete FAIL!!! When will Moon Knight come around again in the store???? If the HFH is in 5 day cycles, and Moon Knight is currently the featured character right now, don't bother!!! I am not going to wait for YEARS for him to return!!!

In addition, HOW are they going to account for this??? Offer the green next time? That would throw everything off.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:

Due to the community's feedback though, the development team also noticed that Mordo's next cover would have listed the incorrect one. They have now updated it so that the preview and the store both have the correct cover when Mordo is available. 
    Thank you for responding to this request so quickly brigby.  But i think the "solution" offered by the devs really just highlights the problems with the current heroes for hire implementation.  1 cover every 5 days is much too long a period.  It will be more than six before moonknight is back on sale (it's 250 days for a 50 4* cycle!).  So while it's nice of demi to promise a green cover then. It is of very little practical value to anyone.
  • DarthDeVo
    Vhailorx said:
    Brigby said:

Thank you for responding to this request so quickly brigby.  But i think the "solution" offered by the devs really just highlights the problems with the current heroes for hire implementation.  1 cover every 5 days is much too long a period.  It will be more than six before moonknight is back on sale (it's 250 days for a 50 4* cycle!).  So while it's nice of demi to promise a green cover then. It is of very little practical value to anyone.
    Yeah... so are they going to offer green and black next time? Because if you just substitute green for black, then MK remains the odd character out.

This issue is leading me to make a formal suggestion in that forum, about offering the option to buy one cover of your choice whenever that character comes up in rotation. Assuming HfH isn't changing anytime soon at least anyway, I think this might be a semi-palatable change that would make the store at least a little more player friendly.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    It really should be one of your choice, at the current pace, with characters being unvaulted you'll likely finish a from scratch Moon Knight before his next cycle.

Someone with one moon knight cover should keep track of this.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 2/0/4 Moon Knight is not complaining. On the principle of the thing, though, I agree this was a pretty poor mistake, and an easily-avoidable one at that.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:

Thank you for the super fast communication and response...

....HOWEVER....

....This is a complete FAIL!!! When will Moon Knight come around again in the store???? If the HFH is in 5 day cycles, and Moon Knight is currently the featured character right now, don't bother!!! I am not going to wait for YEARS for him to return!!!

In addition, HOW are they going to account for this??? Offer the green next time? That would throw everything off.
    So in 200+ days they'll make it available, unless they forget again (who can blame them after that long) in which case they offer 2 fixes next time around 400+ days from the original mistake.  Who could have problem with this system?  
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    @Brigby

Just looking for clarification, but shouldn't the color offered this time around be GREEN? If I remember correctly, this "round" of heroes for hire would be the last color offered from characters. 

Thus really sucks as my Moon Knight sits at 3/5/4 and I had every intention on purchasing the last color (green) to finish this character.
    Do you have Sentry championed, and if so then at what level?  He gives out Moon Knight covers for champ rewards.

Setting Sentry as a BH and getting him to 183 was how I got my last, Green cover for MK.  
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    I mentioned this in the post about Vaulting being over already but I'll bring it up again. What happens to HfH now? Well, I guess the answer is that it sticks around. I'm surprised a little bit. I thought it was originally designed with the intent to help us cover Vaulted characters sooner (yea right!). I assume that the sales are just right (who would have thought?) that they could care less if you all missed your Moon Knight green.