LR are up - heroic

Options
2»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Anyone else's score not updating correctly?
    Had to kill the app after each fight because it wouldn't show me the correct placement - which is pretty annoying when shooting for 25-50 exactly trying to avoid the top 25 range.
    I didn't notice anything like that. What I did notice is that after wining against the first seed teams the game wouldn't show any team with a score higher than 25 which are worth 18-19 if you win against them. I had to restart the app (Steam) for it to work properly which cost me 50-70 easy points from the seed teams I missed since after restarting it paired me with players. Not the most frustrating bug, but they seem to pile up lately.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Was just that one round, has worked as usual since then.
    But I do find that 180-200 seems to be where it switches from seed teams (or low level players, which might as well seed teams) to people with 212s, while up until last week you could cruise to 300 on seed/seed-like teams.
    Might be less people trying, might be a change somewhere in the system.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think they might have made tanking not work in the LR. Or just made it completely removed from your MMR. I've done a ton to no effect. Anyone else think similarly?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Goobady wrote:
    I think they might have made tanking not work in the LR. Or just made it completely removed from your MMR. I've done a ton to no effect. Anyone else think similarly?

I've tanked 9-10 times and I haven't seen anything that indicates it's affected my matches, but it may not be super-clear until the next PVP. They've clearly made a lot of changes lately - there seem to be a few "walls" in the tournaments that limit the effectiveness of mmr - so it may be that mmr only really affects your matches when you're, say, under 400 points. If that's the case, they may have killed tanking as a particularly pointful strategy.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Alarron wrote:
    Killed seed teams and 1* teams to get to 300 in the second LR...next node that showed up was walkyourpath. icon_e_smile.gif Skipped him, next node was dannyshan with 3x212...me and my non-max Patch/OBW will take a break for a bit.

Wait for a moment, Alarron, for I only beat seed teams in LR and will switch to lvl60 default + lvl1 ironman 35 + lvl1 storm in the last fight. After that you are welcome to get what you want from my tanking team icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Alarron wrote:
    Killed seed teams and 1* teams to get to 300 in the second LR...next node that showed up was walkyourpath. icon_e_smile.gif Skipped him, next node was dannyshan with 3x212...me and my non-max Patch/OBW will take a break for a bit.

Wait for a moment, Alarron, for I only beat seed teams in LR and will switch to lvl60 default + lvl1 ironman 35 + lvl1 storm in the last fight. After that you are welcome to get what you want from my tanking team icon_e_biggrin.gif

cunning necro...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Alarron last visited the forums on May 21, so good luck with that.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    And dannyshan - IceIX mentioned they have nerfed the LR MMR linkage quite a bit. So no point tanking in LR. On the upside, ISO farming in LR does not affect MMR much too. So lose some, win some.
  • Unknown
    Options
    hurcules wrote:
    And dannyshan - IceIX mentioned they have nerfed the LR MMR linkage quite a bit. So no point tanking in LR. On the upside, ISO farming in LR does not affect MMR much too. So lose some, win some.

Thanks for the info. I used LR to lower MMR before. Anyway, I don't need those covers, I will still switch to my tanking team in the last fight against the seed team. Thank you again.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    hurcules wrote:
    And dannyshan - IceIX mentioned they have nerfed the LR MMR linkage quite a bit. So no point tanking in LR.
    Yeah, and I still don't believe that one bit.
    If I go straight into Shield training after getting to 250 in a LR, I get maxed 2* teams. If I enter after I put in my tank team and have been beaten up in the LR for an hour, I get way lower teams than that.

So it probably is not possible go go _down_ im MMR by tanking LRs, but it sure is possible to go _up_. So I try to come out MMR neutral in every LR.
  • Unknown
    Options
    What I dont get is that why do I face enemies with maxed buffed characters who have 0 points. That suggests you are tanking but putting in a maxed team kinda defeats the purpose. Plus it is a **** move against other playing.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    hurcules wrote:
    And dannyshan - IceIX mentioned they have nerfed the LR MMR linkage quite a bit. So no point tanking in LR.
    Yeah, and I still don't believe that one bit. If I go straight into Shield training after getting to 250 in a LR, I get maxed 2* teams. If I enter after I put in my tank team and have been beaten up in the LR for an hour, I get way lower teams than that. So it probably is not possible go go _down_ im MMR by tanking LRs, but it sure is possible to go _up_. So I try to come out MMR neutral in every LR.
    I've been tanking good and hard right before LRs start for the last several weeks, and I can tell you from experience that if I don't mess around with other PvP events my MMR never moves. And I generally farm LRs pretty hard for Iso. Doesn't matter. I can still go an entire week's worth of LRs without having to tank during to manage my MMR.

I think part of what you're seeing with Shield season sim is that it seems to have it's own weird MMR buckets depending on what your score is. I've used it for tanking sometimes and you don't always get the results you'd expect. Actual PvP events are a better gauge of where you stand as long as you're below 450 points or so. That seems to be around where things open up for the firs time.
    vetheran wrote:
    What I dont get is that why do I face enemies with maxed buffed characters who have 0 points. That suggests you are tanking but putting in a maxed team kinda defeats the purpose. Plus it is a **** move against other playing.
    You might be seeing people like me who yo-yo up and down during LRs to farm more Iso. I don't retreat all the way down to 0, but some people might. I do feel a little bad about beating up on low level teams, but as long as it's by far the fastest way for me to gain the Iso I desperately need I'm going to keep doing it. I took my beatings when I was new, as did everyone else. It's just the way the game works. Nothing personal, just business.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    hurcules wrote:
    Yeah, and I still don't believe that one bit. If I go straight into Shield training after getting to 250 in a LR, I get maxed 2* teams. If I enter after I put in my tank team and have been beaten up in the LR for an hour, I get way lower teams than that. So it probably is not possible go go _down_ im MMR by tanking LRs, but it sure is possible to go _up_. So I try to come out MMR neutral in every LR.
    I've been tanking good and hard right before LRs start for the last several weeks, and I can tell you from experience that if I don't mess around with other PvP events my MMR never moves. And I generally farm LRs pretty hard for Iso. Doesn't matter. I can still go an entire week's worth of LRs without having to tank during to manage my MMR.

I think part of what you're seeing with Shield season sim is that it seems to have it's own weird MMR buckets depending on what your score is. I've used it for tanking sometimes and you don't always get the results you'd expect. Actual PvP events are a better gauge of where you stand as long as you're below 450 points or so. That seems to be around where things open up for the firs time.
    Hmmmm. You might be right. I'll see what happens if I don't tank next week.

Don't need to hit every single LR anymore at least, now that I'm done with my Fury. Hopefully that X-Force buff never materialises, was a pain to get all that ISO.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    hurcules wrote:

Hmmmm. You might be right. I'll see what happens if I don't tank next week.

Don't need to hit every single LR anymore at least, now that I'm done with my Fury. Hopefully that X-Force buff never materialises, was a pain to get all that ISO.
    Since IceIX made that statement, I have never bothered to tank in LR any more. Just farm ISO all I can (and heroic tokens), and only tank in the main PvP.

And since I find climbing Shield Sim to be a chore, I prefer to climb a couple hundreds every now and then instead of full 2000 climb on the last day. So my only tanking venue now is main PvP.