Kill X or more Objectives vs. Creatureless

Options
13»

Comments

• Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just one remark - id rather set the last objective related to the starting life of planeswalker. End with x life really punish low level players as well as sorin :)
    Additionaly right now gain life after fight is bugged so I'd remove this objectives completely. 

For kill x or less - better would be kill all opponent creatures casted (or 3 whichever happen first).
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why can't take less than x damage fall under your criteria of being achieved by building the right deck with the right plane walker? 
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Because platinum angel is masterpiece. And facing chandra on enraged events is not nice. But I'm not against this objective. 
    (actually I'm not against kill x or more objective as well) - just disccussing options. 
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Szamsziel said:
    Because platinum angel is masterpiece. And facing chandra on enraged events is not nice. But I'm not against this objective. 
    (actually I'm not against kill x or more objective as well) - just disccussing options. 

I don't have platinum angel and do just fine in those nodes. 
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Maybe make "take less than x damage" into "take less than x damage from creatures"? And I really hate the "kill x enemy creatures" objectives because it can effectively penalize you for making a fast, deadly deck. Making my deck slower and stupider, and trashing my own draws just to drag things out gives me a headache... :s
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    TomB said:
    Maybe make "take less than x damage" into "take less than x damage from creatures"? And I really hate the "kill x enemy creatures" objectives because it can effectively penalize you for making a fast, deadly deck. Making my deck slower and stupider, and trashing my own draws just to drag things out gives me a headache... :s

Any objective that replaces skill with luck is a weak objective.

I would rather see objectives like "Kill 0 creatures, or Kill more than 3".  That achieves the same goal but allows the players some flexibility in their build/playstyle and also helps curb the impact of rotten luck

In addition, take this same objective and rotate it between the nodes every event.  Blue this time, White next time, Black next time, etc.

• WiLDRAGE
    WiLDRAGE Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2017
    Options
    My only issue with "Kill 3 or more creatures" is only when it appears in the same event as "Summon 2 or less creatures".  The chances of going against a creatureless/Drake Haven deck in those instances skyrockets and it basically becomes a matchmaking crapshoot if you can finish your objectives or not.