Events ending 6am Uk time?

Options

Comments

• tfg76
    tfg76 Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    A good compromise would be to simply drop the last round in my opinion. The events are already a bit too long, and that would give everyone a 14 hour window to play the last round. Unless you're a 13-year old, you're usually awake at some point during such a window.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Another top 10 group lost two active players because of that.
    Myself included - I will neither get up early, or stay up late for this ****.

Oh, the tinikitty-filter really hits "tinikitty" ridiculous words

• losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I would really like to complain about this as the last window for me is between 1am and 7pm but I know this window in the past was affecting players from different timezones.
    Do we need an open letter to @Brigby to ask if D3 is really trying to break our sleep cycles ???
    @Brigby can we get an official response from D3 why last recharge is only 6 hours ? What was the motiviation behind it? Is it the same theory as potential 12 boosters in 24 hours ? Is D3 promoting illegal drug use ? I dont see any other alternative to keep up with those timers???

PS. There is an obvious solution by adding an extra charge at the start for each event (IE if NOP had 3 max it will have now 4 and will start with 2 charged nodes) and not filling up last 6 hour charge -> effectively last charge lasts 8+6 = 14 hours. 

@Brigby is this something You could push forward or add to your weekly report? Do We need another pool to convince You ?
  • Dologan
    Dologan Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I realise that in a global game, someone is going to get screwed one way or another, but I can't believe how setting the refresh time for main events squarely at the time when most people in the second most densely populated continent are going or have gone to bed, and the end times at the time when most of the same people are barely waking up or getting ready for the next day, can be remotely optimised to disrupt the fewest number of players. 

So, D3/Hibernum.... Have you ever performed any sort of analysis on the geographic distribution of your player base? If you have, we would really like to hear how the results in any way support the new times. And if you haven't... well, I guess it shows how professional and competent you are.

• Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dologan said:
    I realise that in a global game, someone is going to get screwed one way or another, but I can't believe how setting the refresh time for main events squarely at the time when most people in the second most densely populated continent are going or have gone to bed, and the end times at the time when most of the same people are barely waking up or getting ready for the next day, can be remotely optimised to disrupt the fewest number of players. 

So, D3/Hibernum.... Have you ever performed any sort of analysis on the geographic distribution of your player base? If you have, we would really like to hear how the results in any way support the new times. And if you haven't... well, I guess it shows how professional and competent you are.

Why are you talking about the second most densely populated continent? Why not the first? 
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Even though I benefit from being on West Coast USA, and arguably make up the largest segment of the population, I don't think that we should inherently have all of the advantages. This is an international game, and we have many devoted players overseas. They shouldn't be told to suck it up for the entirety of the game simply because they happen to live elsewhere.

It would make more sense to have rotating event times so that the disadvantage was fairly distributed amongst different regions.  I'm fairly sure this was suggested by numerous people several months ago. Something like a 6-hour Event Start Time shift every 2 weeks, maybe?

• Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I go back to it. why are there no servers in each continent
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Also getting my last node at 1am is extremely ****.
    I was in top 10 and fell asleep before 1 am
    nd lost 4 fights... was on top 25 ended 128th.

Can we not look at giving all nodes at the start or extending the last night timer back a few hours?
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I still wonder what the logic is behind not just giving everyone full nodes from the get-go....what, are you afraid people will just do a massive 4 hour marathon and not log back in? Why do you care, its not like the game has content that benefits from players logging in several times, not since you removed QB as a temptation.

Currently the last round starts at 2 AM, once I start work, I have to get up at 7 AM. Even without my 5-month old in the house, that would still be an impossible schedule to maintain. I am not going to chose to show up exhausted at work, because of a mobile game!

Before this change, it was perfect here in Denmark. Last round at 12pm,  with endtime a relaxing 5pm. I don't demand those hours. But changing into 2 am and ending at 7 am is just stupid by comparison!
  • Ohboy
    Options
    Touched on this a few times before. 

You're not just a customer. You're also part of the product. And you're not being a good product if you don't make yourself available throughout a longer range of time in the day. 

If you understood that premise, then you'll see that people logging on once every two days for a marathon session is exactly what they don't want. 

Also, I'm happy it was perfect for you, but for some parts of the world, this change is perfect. There's no perfect timezone for everyone. 

It would be great if there were various timezones to choose from, but there's probably not enough players in this game to make it happen. 
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    So you are arguing this was a great change for a majority of the player base? Which regions are you thinking of? Since it seems reviled in here ;)
  • Ohboy
    Options
    Asia and Australia come to mind. 

• Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't mind the new ending times. I'm in Mountain Standard Time (GMT -7).
  • Dologan
    Dologan Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ohboy said:

Why are you talking about the second most densely populated continent? Why not the first? 
    Do I really need to spell it out?

1) Because the UK, as mentioned in the thread's title, happens to be in that continent. Relevance. 
    2) The most densely populated continent, Asia, probably doesn't quite have the fraction of the player base proportionate to its density, with the MTG franchise being quite Western-centric. Besides, Central European Time +/- 1 also encompasses the most densely populated parts of Africa, and together probably match the density of Asia, which is spread across a larger number of time zones too.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I brought this up in our weekly meeting, and the developers are going to review the event times and evaluate any adjustments.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,935 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They don't have in-game ads, so I don't see the benefit to being logged in all the time. 
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They don't have in-game ads, so I don't see the benefit to being logged in all the time. 
    Neither do I. If they really want many people login all time they should not have removed Quick Battle. 

Now when you finish daily TG and the nodes of the current events you do not have nothing that makes you log in.
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    The previous timing was quite reasonable in Australia, with final nodes starting at 19:00.  The current timing could not be worse, at least for anyone with a day job in the most populous Eastern timezones who can't generally play during the day. The final nodes of coalition events begin at 10:00 and end at 16:00, on Mondays and Fridays.
  • Skiglass6
    Skiglass6 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Volrak said:
    Ohboy said:
    The previous timing was quite reasonable in Australia, with final nodes starting at 19:00.  The current timing could not be worse, at least for anyone with a day job in the most populous Eastern timezones who can't generally play during the day. The final nodes of coalition events begin at 10:00 and end at 16:00, on Mondays and Fridays.
    On a personal level, I think this is worse than a 6AM end. Maybe I am wrong, but a  6AM end means the last node regens at midnight.  For me this is doable. But if last node regens at 10AM and ends at 4PM, I wouldn't have a choice to play as the only time I would have is during lunch break. So I would only have 30min to complete and that is if I do not eat. This would also include a morning run between 3AM and the time I go to work. 

So I feel bad for you Volrak and others in your situation. I do not feel bad for the 6AM crowd but that might be because I am a night owl. 
  • Thésée
    Thésée Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Simple solution is to leave more time to play after last refresh. If they want us to connect more often why don't they just leave us 3 or 4 hours more to play the event? People don't connect during their sleep