Comments

• Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Timing moved to totp time it seems. 

• tfg76
    tfg76 Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes, it kinda sucks. You have to play the last node of events between midnight and 6 AM. But I guess it's always been like this for people in some time zones. Seems like the solution would be to have a longer time between the last node being enabled and the event ending (I would argue at least 12 hours to give people some daylight).
  • Damien
    Damien Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've always thought they should rotate on a more frequent basis to be fair to everyone. I would think a set rotation so everyone knows it's coming would be best. 
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Or grant charges every 24 hour.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polls are good. Start a poll about whether it's fair that players in one region of the world have to be awake at unsociable times to get the same rewards from the game as others.
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As soon as results of the poll regarding recharge time on trial of zeal are implemented in the game undoubtedly this is a poll I'd like to see.
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    shteev said:
    Polls are good. Start a poll about whether it's fair that players in one region of the world have to be awake at unsociable times to get the same rewards from the game as others.
    Yes, polls sure seem to be getting things done with this game...
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tfg76 said:
    Yes, it kinda sucks. You have to play the last node of events between midnight and 6 AM. But I guess it's always been like this for people in some time zones. Seems like the solution would be to have a longer time between the last node being enabled and the event ending (I would argue at least 12 hours to give people some daylight).
    It was like this for those of us living on the west coast of the United States for a long, long time. Last nodes refreshing at 1am and events ending at 7am meaning we always lost out on that last node unless you sacrificed sleep.

Possibly one solution is to divide up player brackets geographically. They might not know if a player is in California verses New York, but there is absolutely a difference between the app downloaded in Asia verses Europe or North America. That would make it so events could start and stop at times more workable for people in different regions.
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Options
    So they dont have multiple servers that they can put users in different time zones on?

The whole thing about having all your charges and off you go seems a good idea....means you can sleep, go to work and play at you pace.
  • Skiglass6
    Skiglass6 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This thread brings back fond memories. You know, back when ties didn't matter and you had to finish perfect before all of the other perfects to rank higher. Waking up a bit before 3AM to accomplish this. I guess it could have been worse. Last node could have started when I was at work without a chance to compete. 
  • Ohboy
    Options
    Skiglass6 said:
    This thread brings back fond memories. You know, back when ties didn't matter and you had to finish perfect before all of the other perfects to rank higher. Waking up a bit before 3AM to accomplish this. I guess it could have been worse. Last node could have started when I was at work without a chance to compete. 

And you had to play at the start of the game to even play this metagame. I gave up after a week when the event time shifted 1 hour back. 
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    Options
    last node dings in at 1am... for me
  • Ohboy
    Options
    First node was at 1am for me. 

4 hour recharges. Meant I was up sometimes till 3.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    why don't they use a personal timer for each player
    similar to the 2 hours booster timer? you can have
    a set 24 hrs in which to start the event. each refresh
    is 8 hrs from that start time. the event only finishes
    when the last possible timer runs out. then every
    player can choose their cycle beginning time?

HH
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    hawkyh1 said:
    why don't they use a personal timer for each player
    similar to the 2 hours booster timer? you can have
    a set 24 hrs in which to start the event. each refresh
    is 8 hrs from that start time. the event only finishes
    when the last possible timer runs out. then every
    player can choose their cycle beginning time?

HH

Let's not make things too complicated.  I hate to say this, but:  Hibernum's Razor
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Why not having all possible charges available since the beggining?
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    rafalele said:
    One of their goals is to get people to log in more frequently, which is really sort of endemic to the mobile game market. I suspect they believe this builds interest/addiction, and to some extent it works. It's just not a good fit for here.
  • Ohboy
    Options
    It's not just for interest/addiction. 

No matter where you fall on the spectrum between whales and f2p players, everyone is required to play the game a certain number of hours. That is part of the fee of playing the game. We're not just consumers. We're also the products. 

Getting us to log on constantly provides action for others. It drives the game forward. 

• losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    madwren said:
    rafalele said:
    One of their goals is to get people to log in more frequently, which is really sort of endemic to the mobile game market. I suspect they believe this builds interest/addiction, and to some extent it works. It's just not a good fit for here.
    great tactic!
    It reminds me of myself when I was 8 years old
    I had snickers/mars bar every half an hour on one saturday ( lasted 5 hours )
    next day I didnt even want to see anything with a chocolate in it

but apparently this trick must be working (look at our latest great invention from Marketing geniuses and their 2h boosters) ... I suggest ramping up the frequency and having 1/200 of each card available every 5 seconds