I didn't back down on my word! Review of a previous statement!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    Beer40 said:
    (clipped other stuff)
    1* - Level Juggs to 40.

This is off topic, but why is Juggernaut still the defacto recommended 1*?  He's no longer all that scary in Balance of Power (where he was better unleveled, in the good 'ol days) and even Yelena can solo 1* DDQ if she's up to Level 40.  I never hear of him as a good source of teamups, like 1* Widow.  He might be the fastest for 1* DDQ, but it's not like Spiderman would be all that much slower and if you're playing as much as many on the forums do, I can't imaging an extra 30 seconds on one untimed node being that much of a deal-breaker.  Is there some other benefit to Juggs that I'm missing or is this old advice that just keeps getting circulated?
    I actually recommended him for the same reason as Ares and Moonstone. There's only 1 of him. It helps if you choose a small roster, yet still want diversity. 
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,274 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Regarding 1 star characters,

Black Widow is best for her TU obviously so keep her for your alliance.

Juggernaut is useful mostly for DDQ as stated, he's not the best of his tier but he has cheap powers and high health, he's pretty reliable.

Spider-Man is actually the best of the 1 star tier but he needs to be paired with a 4* or higher for the critical tiles to do any significant damage (OML is a good choice). On his own, he's still good but red is low dmg and stun is only serviceable.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cheap powers, heavy damage, and massive health. Juggs > all other 1-stars
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Offtopic- why would you want to send your alliance mates team-ups from a 1*? Isn't it better to send those from stronger characters?
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Offtopic- why would you want to send your alliance mates team-ups from a 1*? Isn't it better to send those from stronger characters?
    1* multi turn stuns are cheap and useful. 
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,274 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Because Black Widow's blue is a 5-turn stun. Stuns are relatively rare-ish in the 4* & 5* tier, and its very powerful in general and against certains characters in PVP (Car4l, Medusa, Bl4de etc.).
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Please keep all comments civil and on topic. Thank you!*

Hi @ZootSax. If you have any character questions, I encourage you to check out our Character Discussion sub-category, where there is a plethora of resources available

When it comes to the content of this post, everyone on the forum is allowed to share their opinion, so long as it follows our forum rules. As Ducky mentioned, their previous post had more than a month of inactivity, which was grounds for a new thread; it is not spam.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    1* mbw is generally the most requested TU.

Competitive players keep 5 blue covered MBWs just to send. 5-turn targeted stun (and 1 turn for the others) for 9AP is unrivalled. Spider-Man and Hawkeye are also good.