I didn't back down on my word! Review of a previous statement!!!

Options
nitefox1337
nitefox1337 Posts: 80 Match Maker
You know that thread someone says "from now on i'll do this and that", but everyone assumes that it won't last long until the poster changes his mind?

Well guess what, the Poster is back, telling you that he exactly did what he stated, and it works fine!

Ok, here's first the thread i am talking about:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/65340/fyi-will-not-renew-vip-status-and-will-go-casual-free-to-play-from-now-on#latest

------

If you don't wanna read it, a brief resume would be that it's a rant about how PvP is not real pvp and it's unfair, and some other things that doesn't work in the game, etc...

Conclusion of that thread was that I will not spend anything on this game, and will never play PvP.

---------- Well, I didn't and now I can tell you these:

The game is way more fun since then. So I will break this thread into several parts explaining why and at the same time include a small guide that may help you if you are new to the game!

------------

1. VIP: When starting the game, it can be useful. But after a while, you don't need it at all. Especially when you're full casual, you don't really care if your hero are full health or not. And you have so many that you can replace them anyway anytime. So the 25% health increase becomes useless.

The extra loot of VIP are cool but you don't really need them. Tokens rarely give you something of value to make only one of them worth something. Most of the Heroic Tokens give 2 stars anyway, so you don't really care about it. Legendary Tokens are more accessible after sometime, especially when you can do level 7 PVE.

But even if you don't agree with these, I can tell you this: Since I stopped using VIP, i never once even thought that I should get it back. Dailies and Story are rewarding enough. (Even with the removal of the Bonus Rewards).

After some time, you will even find that there's too much events and you will start skipping some.

-------------------------

2. Roster: Don't fall into the trap of trying to collect all Heroes. When you pick several you like, and raise your Roster with time, and are not afraid to sell Heroes you don't like, the game is Way More Fun!

Just change your mentality. When you see a Daily or a Story in which you have a missing Hero so you can't complete a nod, don't think "WHY? I should have ALL HEROES SO I CAN gET ALL REWARDS!". No you don't.

Because after a while you will start to think like: "Great! I don't have all heroes so I can skip that event! Awesome! I won't have to play this all day now!". Cause in fact, when a full PvE rewards is accessible to your Roster, it's a real Pain to play All Nods over and over and over!

With time you will be glad that you don't have all heroes so you don't have to play all nods to 6! xD

-------------------

3. That Claim your Rewards Tab is useful. Always have 1 Roster slot free. Sometimes you may have a Hero you don't really want waiting in the Claim your Rewards Tab. If a Daily or Story needs it, just Recruit it temporarly, use it, and then sell it. This helps a lot! I once finished a Story to Maximum Rewards with 3 heroes I don't even own! xD

------------------

4. Versus (PvP), Stay away from it. You don't need it. In fact, the Story (PvE) part of the game is more than enough to keep you casually entertained. After a time, you won't wanna even spend that much time on the Stories. Even Dailies will become a pain.

The bad side of PvP is that it's really really poorly designed, too punishing for new players. The good side of PvP is that you really don't need it. Stay away from it as much as you can. The Story tab is all the tab you need.

-----------------

5. Never Buy Heroic Packs! I once opened a thread asking between heroic packs and roster, which one to get, and everyone told me go for Roster. I didn't listen, and went Heroic Pack instead thinking that 1/7 would be a nice ratio and would get a few 4 stars. Well all I got were 2 stars, and one 3 stars.

STAY AWAY FROM PACKS! Buy Roster Slots, play casually...

-----------

Conclusion:

MPQ is awesome when played like this. You can even see the proof yourself if you check my previous threads where I (rightfully) complain, rant, etc... But since that thread I mention at the top, I never opened a rant thread or any other negative Threads.

The only threads I opened are about asking some features like on screen Nod Clearance Counter, (ability to see how many time I cleared a not, instead of checking each nods over and over) which really should be implemented.

And the Best Part is: After a time, you want it or not, your Roster will expand. You will get more heroes, your heroes will be more powerful, you will access higher levels, and in time, your roster will be strong enough. And after that you still have the options to find an Alliance, go for PvP if you really want it or else. So playing casual is not removing any options. Instead it makes the game all fun.

---------------------------

So that's it, gl hf dudes!

Comments

• OneLungDave
    OneLungDave Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    My opinions are important! 
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Flagged as spam
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 701 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Rod5 said:
    Flagged as spam

Why?

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The opinions expressed by nitefox1337 in this thread are not necessarily those of D3 or the MPQ playing community.  Reader discretion is advised.
  • razor14
    razor14 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I don't understand why the op had to write so much to say he prefers to play casual...
    If you want to play this game, be competitive and improve fast you must do the opposite of what is described in this thread, pve part is ok though...
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rod5 said:
    Flagged as spam

Why?

Because, he should have re-posted in his originally thread vs posting a new one linking to the old one.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I don't know, I think he expresses some interesting opinions and observations of his recent experiences. I enjoy reading about other player's habits and tendencies.

Granted, he's a little condescending and I-told-you-so-ish, but I was able to get past that.
    I don't question the merit of is content, just it's format.  I stuck up for him last time when people were replying with 'I don't care' type messages.  I just consider it spam to create a second thread to talk about an earlier thread with more details.  The comment should have been an addendum to the first.

That being said he likely did this because the earlier thread was vaulted into obscurity before the moderation rules were softened so that's possibly why.  Still I can't not consider this spam.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I found the post insightful and was also impressed that someone did what they said they'd do. I think some people on the Forum throw flags around like they're high school football referees.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm surprised he still thinks the forum community cares what he thinks..... Most of use have been playing daily for 1, 2, 3 years..... Most of the people here play this game somewhat to very competitively, those that post and read these things anyway......

And, I maintain, candy crush seems like a better option for him. 

Dormammu said:
    Granted, he's a little condescending and I-told-you-so-ish, but I was able to get past that.
    Unlike you I have trouble with the condescending I-told-you-so-ish-ness. Keyboard warrior that needs to come off his high horse. It's not necessary and, frankly, I don't think most of us give a tinykitty about his opinion.
    broll said:

I stuck up for him last time when people were replying with 'I don't care' type messages.

I would say some more but it would most definitely earn me a ban, except that my forum experience would be more fulfilling if I didn't have to see nitefox1337 anywhere..... Can we still block a single user? 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    Can we still block a single user? 
    In browser (on desktop, not mobile, mobile displays forum options weird sometimes), click username, click little person silhouette dropdown menu next to "Message", right at the top of the profile, should see an option to Ignore. Simple and straightforward.
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't agree with the OP, since I like playing the game and want all characters, but I have to (partially) agree on certain points:

-VIP isn't that useful for me, since I'm not playing PVP; 10 health packs are more than enough for PVE and DDQ; if you're a newbie, buying hp for rooster spots is more useful;
    -PVP is a huge headache for me- who to hit, who to skip, when to start, which characters to choose, whether to boost or not or to request team-ups etc; if you're casual and just like matching tiles while seeing Marvel characters on screen, PVE is enough; if you're feeling competitive and up for a challenge, PVP can be interesting;
    -I never bought packs and won't consider it until I have all characters roostered; spending hp on Moonstones and Bullseyes isn't worth it, unless you really have nothing else to do with your hp; it's better to spend it on rooster spots if you're at the beginning, because the characters will come to you sooner or later.

In the end, we're all playing at our own pace, how we want, when we want to, spending whatever we can afford and there's no right or wrong in it.

What I disagree with the OP on:
    -nobody really cares about another player quitting the game or playing less or whatever since there are thousands of members on this forum;
    -"I will never play PVP"- never say never; if changes are implemented or your rooster gets stronger, you might want to give it another try;
    -everyone should buy whatever they want; the devs have to make a living otherwise the game dies, so I don't mind other folks compensating for what I don't spend.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd have to agree with VIP. Most heroics just give me 2*s although the other day was really crazy and I got a lot of 3*s, a couple 4*s and a bonus 4*. These days I'm swimming in hp from progression and placement rewards along with champ rewards from my farm so having enough is never a problem anymore. And if I wanted the bonus rewards I'd just spend the $2 on a pittance. 

I disagree on having a more limited roster. That kind of play style is fine when you're a 2* or 3* player so constantly switching out covers just becomes part of the game if you want to get good placement rewards but you are severely limiting yourself in potential rewards for ddq. Not to mention that you're not always going to have the essential characters sitting in your queue ready to roster so you can beat behemoth burrito every single day. You're going to be losing out on tons of cp, hell, everything, with that play style. Do I like every character in the game? No, but they're there if I need them even if it's only for ddq or being a throw away character to take Thanos' damage in lightning rounds, hi Sentry, they all have a use to me.

As for pvp I think it will be a lot more fun once they incorporate the wins system or hopefully a dual system, I see you vets I see ya, so everyone can play how they want and get all of the progression rewards that they want via wins/points.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Title is definitely clickbait, though.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hmmm...I thought of something interesting in there. "Limited roster", specifically. I like to roster everyone, and use everyone at least every once in awhile. But if you just wanted to be casual, yet still play every PVE/DDQ event you could easily do this:

5* - sell every cover for 2,000 ISO
    4* - get at least 1 cover for everyone, focus on this tier (along with 3*)
    3* - get at least 1 cover for everyone, focus on this tier (along with 4*)
    2* - find two you like, level them, and keep a roster slot open for rotating a 3rd on in as necessary when they're required. (My recommendations would be level Ares and Moonstone, as you can't find them in any other * level)
    1* - Level Juggs to 40.

Really, with the amount of variants, you're not losing out on much variety doing things this way I wouldn't recommend it, simply because I don't want to play this way. However, it seems reasonable enough for me, if you want to scale back or are a newer player tired of the resources crunch and want to manage that.

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    Can we still block a single user? 
    In browser (on desktop, not mobile, mobile displays forum options weird sometimes), click username, click little person silhouette dropdown menu next to "Message", right at the top of the profile, should see an option to Ignore. Simple and straightforward.
    Thank you!!! It's done, won't have to see his dribble anymore!!!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beer40 said:
    (clipped other stuff)
    1* - Level Juggs to 40.

This is off topic, but why is Juggernaut still the defacto recommended 1*?  He's no longer all that scary in Balance of Power (where he was better unleveled, in the good 'ol days) and even Yelena can solo 1* DDQ if she's up to Level 40.  I never hear of him as a good source of teamups, like 1* Widow.  He might be the fastest for 1* DDQ, but it's not like Spiderman would be all that much slower and if you're playing as much as many on the forums do, I can't imaging an extra 30 seconds on one untimed node being that much of a deal-breaker.  Is there some other benefit to Juggs that I'm missing or is this old advice that just keeps getting circulated?