Peggy Carter worth 240CP?

Options
2»

Comments

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Peggy/4Carol/Medusa has been my go-to team this season in the sim, and it's been a pretty good combination - though I was kind of startled to realize that Peggy wasn't often doing much, as 4Carol and Medusa were tearing through faces with boosted strike/attack tiles before Peggy got enough AP to fire a power. Still, it's AP deterrence AND tile spam, so it helps to irritate a wide variety of counter-teams. 

My Peggy was 5/2/5 for quite a while, so I (like other people suggested), set her as my bonus hero, ready and willing to fork out 120 CP for a yellow cover if it came to that to save a wilting red or blue. Luckily I pulled a bonus yellow, saved the CP, and still got to champ her. 
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    Options
    mexus said:
    How did it go, @TheHungryPet ?
    Well, with the recent death of vaulting, it'll be a while before I cash in my hoard. I switched my BH to other characters that don't have two powers at max level.

The issue right now is that I'm pulling a lot of previously vaulted 4* and am having a hard time coughing up the HP to roster them and also have to make some tough decisions (currently Punisher Max, Spider-Gwen, Miles, Drax and X-23 in the queue, none are rostered, can only roster 3 before the covers expire). Cashing in my CP hoard will likely result in a lot of 4* competition in the queue (26 in my roster) which I'd like to avoid.

I still have 5 3* characters to roster, once that is complete, there'll be much less competition for roster slots.

Finishing 4* R&G first (one cover dying on the vine, expires tonight) just to improve my quality of life. Them paired with Gamora will make Prodigal Sun less grindy.

After that, Peggy is next. I'm leaning towards cashing in my CP hoard and hoping for the best. Pull until I hit 240CP and then just buy the 2 blue covers with CP if RNGesus has a bad hair day.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    Well, with the recent death of vaulting, it'll be a while before I cash in my hoard. I switched my BH to other characters that don't have two powers at max level.

The issue right now is that I'm pulling a lot of previously vaulted 4* and am having a hard time coughing up the HP to roster them and also have to make some tough decisions (currently Punisher Max, Spider-Gwen, Miles, Drax and X-23 in the queue, none are rostered, can only roster 3 before the covers expire). Cashing in my CP hoard will likely result in a lot of 4* competition in the queue (26 in my roster) which I'd like to avoid.

I still have 5 3* characters to roster, once that is complete, there'll be much less competition for roster slots.

Finishing 4* R&G first (one cover dying on the vine, expires tonight) just to improve my quality of life. Them paired with Gamora will make Prodigal Sun less grindy.

After that, Peggy is next. I'm leaning towards cashing in my CP hoard and hoping for the best. Pull until I hit 240CP and then just buy the 2 blue covers with CP if RNGesus has a bad hair day.
    The new system works, but you have to have more restraint when pulling. If you don't have the HP to roster someone, hoard until you do. Having that many 4* on the vine is crazy and not indicative of the system being bad. 

By the way I'd definately roster X-23 and Punisher   
  • Vold
    Vold Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Other than story and versus rewards

What other ways to get CPs? (Without micro transactions)

takes so long just to take up 120 CP
  • TheHungryPet
    Options
    Vold said:

Hi Vold, once you get your 2* farm going and have a good chunk of 3* champs, they will be a solid source of CP.
  • TheHungryPet
    edited August 2017
    Options
    mexus said:

The new system works, but you have to have more restraint when pulling. If you don't have the HP to roster someone, hoard until you do. Having that many 4* on the vine is crazy and not indicative of the system being bad. 

mexus said:

I'm not saying the system is bad, it was a streak of luck with Heroic Tokens. I think I got 4 4* out of 10 Heroic Tokens which I did not expect. I learned my lesson, though, being more conservative with Heroic Tokens going forward. 

Punisher is #1 contender and I'll roster him for sure. I read mixed reviews for X-23, wondering if Miles/Spider-Gwen would be a viable combo (Color overlap, but great web tile generation). Any thoughts?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For X-23 it's just a matter of whether or not you value true heal. For me, I love conserving Heath Packs so Daken was my most used 2*, and Daken/Patch were my most used 3*s. Though I've invested no iso in 5's, OML is my go to 5 when I need 5* match damage. X-23 is the only character in the 4* tier that rivals those characters in terms of true heal even though her mechanic works differently. If you value a good tank, she's the best. 

Miles and Gwen have great synergy absolutely. But we're talking about one cover for each of them. It will be a long time before you get the other 24 covers needed to champ both.  Who is to say what the cover spread looks like by then. 

Another option is to hold them as long as possible and see if one is essential for burrito or (even better) a PVE event, and make your choice that way. 

As for bad luck, I hear you. I've been hoarding everything except my standards, elites and event tokens. I got real lucky with two event tokens pulling a useable Drax and a bonus Vulture. But I also pulled a 14th IW without the iso to champ her (currently at 30k after champing Carnage). Also pulled a GSBW who's champ level will give me 14th Fury. I also have two 2* in the farm needing to be champed (another 150k iso). So I'm in token lockdown mode. I knew the risks and am okay with losing one of the covers if need be. I'm just happy to have older characters back in packs!
  • Vold
    Vold Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Vold said:

Hi Vold, once you get your 2* farm going and have a good chunk of 3* champs, they will be a solid source of CP.
    Doesn't feel like it... :)
    maybe not enough champions, but CP seems to be like 1/10 covers and just give 1 or 2 CP when I do get it...

anyway thx thx for the info.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Vold said:
    Vold said:

Doesn't feel like it... :)
    maybe not enough champions, but CP seems to be like 1/10 covers and just give 1 or 2 CP when I do get it...

anyway thx thx for the info.
    Not so much from 2*, but 3* start giving a lot of CP at 230+.  8 @ 247, 10 @ 255, and 15 @ 261.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Peggy was my first 4* champ. Then vaulting happened and she became my lowest 4* champ. I still use her when I go against juggs though! Yellow at 5 and red at 3. Pair her with im40 and done deal