Peggy Carter worth 240CP?

TheHungryPet
TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
Got one Peggy cover before she rotated out. 10 BH covers later she's at 5/5/1. I no longer have her marked as a BH due to the 66% risk of wasted covers. 

Would love to champion her and understand she is amazing, just not sure if it's worth 240CP. 

What would you do?

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good news: She's back in. ;)

That'll be a tough slog to get 2 blue covers, though. If you want her that much (and she's no slouch), you might as well leave her as your BH, any cover you get for her has that same risk of being not blue.

With vintage 4*s back in tokens (with lower draw rates, yes) the pressure to get 100% usage out of your bonus heroes has, in my opinion, lessened somewhat, so I think you can afford to risk selling a few, for the increased speed of getting those last few covers. 

As a compromise, you could keep her as BH until one blue cover, then buy the last for 120.
  • TheHungryPet
    edited July 2017
    Thank you for your advice. I was thinking a similar strategy i.e. hoard ~1000cp and ISO to champ her and then start the (hopefully) lucky draw that grants a BH blue. At 120cp, I would not hesitate one second to buy that last blue cover. Extra covers would then just grant champ levels. 

At least blue is already useful as a stun, missing out big time on the damage potential here, though. 

And yes, I want her a lot :smile:
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've never sweated spending CP for covers. I did it in the 3-star tier and I've done it in the 4-star tier. It's just CP - you'll earn more.

Peggy is worth it. She my MVP, my go-to gal when the opponents are tough, and a difference maker in PvP. Peggy's a game-changer.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Iceman was 5/3/3 yesterday. Set him as a bonus hero yesterday. Today got a bonus blue cover. Peggy is next after him. I spent 120 cp on a blue cover before the unvaulting. Now to see how it works out.
  • krak0
    krak0 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    240 not so much but 120 is totally worth it.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would bank 240 CP, keep Pegs as your bonus.

Keep pulling, pray for Blue, if you pull more Red/Yellow, then right before the first one expires, buy the last two Blue and apply the others as champ levels.

Also what level is your Psylocke at?  Set her as your sole bonus and you'll get a Blue at level 223!
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards

Keep pulling, pray for Blue, if you pull more Red/Yellow, then right before the first one expires, buy the last two Blue and apply the others as champ levels.
    ^ this. A few months ago I'd have said just buy her, but the preponderance of heavy-passive characters like Medusa, Carol and Blade has made her less universally god-mode than she once was.
  • Dormammu
    I don't know that Peggy is any less effective than she once was, I think people have just moved on to the new flavor(s) of the month.
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Dormammu said:
    I don't know that Peggy is any less effective than she once was, I think people have just moved on to the new flavor(s) of the month.
    Medusa and/or 4Groot are her nemeses now. I think people had less access to her cover due to vaulting is what makes you see her less in PvP sim.
  • Dormammu
    No, the reason I see her less is because all those people that used to use her moved on to playing Carol/Medusa teams, and now they're moving on to Riri teams.

Peggy's stun and yellow passive remain among the best powers in the 4-star tier. Having a champed Peggy on your roster is only going to help you.
  • TheHungryPet

Also what level is your Psylocke at?  Set her as your sole bonus and you'll get a Blue at level 223!
    Psylocke is sitting at 4/2/1 covers, I thought about that solution as well. Currently pushing Iron Man 40 as my BH as he just provides amazing value to almost any team. I don't see me using Psylocke ever unless she gets a major overhaul. Thanks for laying out another strategy!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    aa25 said:
    Dormammu said:
    Medusa and/or 4Groot are her nemeses now. I think people had less access to her cover due to vaulting is what makes you see her less in PvP sim.
    I think this is correct. The meta has shifted from Peggy- AP suppression to Carol- tile-buffing. Carol with a whole host of partners (mainly all the good special tile makers and countdown makers) can just shred Peggy because these teams don't need to fire active powers, thus quashing her AP suppression. Red Hulk and Hulkbuster also work well in the tier as their nukes at full strength aren't affected by her.

Carol has surpassed Peggy as Queen Bee. And no disrespect to Riri (who is tons of fun) but that's not changing anytime soon.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Dormammu said:

She's a bit worse of a scarecrow now than she used to be and the SHIELD sim meta has moved a bit away from her but she's still as good as it gets in PvE and climbing. She's far and away the best blue/red user, even if current Riri closed the gap a bit, and trivializes a lot of PvE content even unbuffed with her ability to give free turns. 

As boring as it is, unboosted Peggy/IM40 along with that week's boosted 4-star green user (Rulk, Iceman, Gwenpool, Sandman, Jean, etc) is going to be one of the fastest ways to clear nodes regardless of who else is boosted a lot of the time. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    As boring as it is, unboosted Peggy/IM40 along with that week's boosted 4-star green user (Rulk, Iceman, Gwenpool, Sandman, Jean, etc) is going to be one of the fastest ways to clear nodes regardless of who else is boosted a lot of the time. 
    I think Riri/IM40/[green user] could give that team a run for their money. Peggy's damage isn't spectacular when she's not boosted, and Do As Peggy Says isn't exactly a speed combo.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu said:

I agree on all points.

With IM40 and Peggy, if you've got a champed Moon Knight you don't even need a boosted 4-star. His green is nasty unboosted and his black packs a punch as well.
  • DesertTortoise
    I think Riri/IM40/[green user] could give that team a run for their money. Peggy's damage isn't spectacular when she's not boosted, and Do As Peggy Says isn't exactly a speed combo.

I think that's definitely the case when Riri is boosted but I'll be willing to give it a shot next time a strong AoE green user is boosted. I know Peggy's red doesn't hit as hard as Riri's, but Peggy's passive slows down incoming damage and her blue is amazing efficiency wise outside of the free turns she can provide. 
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    While Peggy isn't the ever-present monolith of assbeat that she was on release, she's definitely still a monster - mine is at 299, I think, and her red is good for around 8k with her countdowns dealing 6k and change a pop, unboosted. Comparing to boosted Riri isn't really fair - on a level playing field I think Peggy still has the advantage by a good margin.

Plus, of course, her passive still slows down the vast majority of teams by a decent amount. Peggy/Jean/IM40 is still my go-to SHIELD sim team up until around 1600 - at that point I switch to the obnoxious Medusa/Carnage combo just to reduce the number of incoming attacks during my final push to 2k.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jarvind said:
    Plus, of course, her passive still slows down the vast majority of teams by a decent amount. Peggy/Jean/IM40 is still my go-to SHIELD sim team up until around 1600 - at that point I switch to the obnoxious Medusa/Carnage combo just to reduce the number of incoming attacks during my final push to 2k.
    Of course. DT's post refers to "clearing nodes", though, which I took to mean PVE nodes where mitigating damage is not nearly so critical due to a (comforting) lack of Medusa. 
  • DesertTortoise
    Peggy slowing down enemies getting powers off is what I was referring to in that context. Not a massive edge just a nice bonus from her passive when clearing nodes and help speed up her clears when you're sitting through less Juggernaut greens or Moonstone reds!
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    There's no better feeling of security than stacking two Do as Peggy Says'.  30k worth of damage incoming  and their team stunned for multiple turns. 

Riri can keep the damage going like cyclops when he's on a roll, but the Peggy stuns are so good.