What happened with the new character release preview ?

2»

Comments

• 1EvilMan
    1EvilMan Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Mockingbird. 
    Bobbi from Agents of Shield? I don't remember them calling her that but everything else fits. 
    (Also married to Hawkeye at one time but I have no idea how that would play into the game) 

I certainly hope we get Jessica Jones for the Defenders series next month. Foul mouthed drunk with a heart stopping punch would be cool. LOL
    A new Daredevil would be good too. 
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    The preview is up on the Marvel site now.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, the cover they used for her. What in the world does that cover have anything to do with being a super-hero?
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    smkspy said:
    Wow, the cover they used for her. What in the world does that cover have anything to do with being a super-hero?
    May I direct you to the Hawkguy cover? XD

Some covers show more about personality.
  • smkspy
    smkspy said:

Hawkguy also looks exactly like his cover, is Mockingbird gonna be wearing that outfit? 
  • TheWerebison
    edited July 2017
    smkspy said:
    smkspy said:

Hawkguy also looks exactly like his cover, is Mockingbird gonna be wearing that outfit? 
    Nick Fury, OML, Quicksilver, and SW also don't look exactly like their covers.

I think, personally, you're getting a bit triggered over the exact nature of her outfit. I'm sure it'll be changed, though. Surely there are other people who are going to object to this, and D3 won't want that.

edit: FWIW, if D3 WANTS to give OML a cowboy hat and trenchcoat, I am TOTALLY cool with that.
  • smkspy
    edited July 2017
    smkspy said:
    smkspy said:

Nick Fury, OML, Quicksilver, and SW also don't look exactly like their covers.

I think, personally, you're getting a bit triggered over the exact nature of her outfit. I'm sure it'll be changed, though. Surely there are other people who are going to object to this, and D3 won't want that.

Well, an 8 issue run doesn't, in my mind, represent what a character is all about. Hawkguy was at least based on fraction's 40 issue run. 

Didn't know though that finding something inappropriate is now consider being triggered. I mean, this is the official site for the game and is PC central, even saying the C word for poo gets censored.

Like I said though, I actually like the cover and went out of my way to pick up it. I just find it inappropriate is all. Take that for what you will.

• TheWerebison
    smkspy said:

Well, an 8 issue run doesn't, in my mind, represent what a character is all about. Hawkguy was at least based on fraction's 40 issue run. 

Didn't know though that finding something inappropriate is now consider being triggered. I mean, this is the official site for the game and is PC central, even saying the C word for poo gets censored.

Like I said though, I actually like the cover and went out of my way to pick up it. I just find it inappropriate is all. Take that for what you will.

Lol, nah, I get you. Apparently it was even controversial when it came out, if I'm reading what people are saying on the main topic correctly. It'll probably change at some point.
  • smkspy
    And to fair to fury, SW, QS, and Vision. There wasn't any covers that actually depicted those designs. And they were created before MPQ starting doing the original covers for characters.
  • charmbots
    charmbots Posts: 87 Match Maker
    smkspy said:
    I love the cover, but i can't help imagining that Mockingbird is actually the alter ego of Britta from Community.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    JHawkInc said:
    Iron Fist was "Waves Piling On" and I'm still not sure what that one means.
    "Waves Piling On" is an anagram of "Living Weapons". 
    It's also an anagram of "No veiling Wasp", "Vowelising nap", "Waving epsilon", etc.  I'm not saying it's not cute, but it's more 6 degrees from Kevin Bacon than an actual hint.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    I thought the "Stop me if you've heard this one before" was a reference to Doc Ock going on a big monologue when he should be squashing Spider-Man to make his nefarious scheme come true.

And I thought "Waves piling on" referred to Fist being surrounded by groups of ninjas attacking him (or surrounding him and attacking one at a time).

But by the time a character is released, I completely forget the preview phrase.

• Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    The clue texts are so impossible to guess these days that the only people who would have fun working them out are people who already know which characters will be released from data-mined information and working backwards to the clue. 
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the vague clues. I would hate it if the clues got to be too easy:

• Arachnid + Human
    • Check out this person's mighty hammer!
    • You'll find this person to be quite dazzling.
    • Private Investigator... when not drunk!
    • Don't make him angry.
    • What the Duck?!
    • To Infinity... and Beyond
    • Bring on the Thunder
    • Son of A...
    • I'm on fire.
    • Get Small
    • She's the Captain
    • The Weirdest Medicinal Expert you'll ever find
    • Spanish for "Doesn't Go"
    • Representing Harlem
    • The Lady in the Suit
    • Bowling, Anyone?
    • Fly like a bird
    • You can't see me!
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Hey, don't knock Dazzler - she used to be the only one who could consistently and relatively easily take down Juggernaut. So maybe it's a niche job, but she's not a total lightweight!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos, with his Infinity Gauntlet?
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 said:
    I like the vague clues. I would hate it if the clues got to be too easy:

• You'll find this person to be quite dazzling.
    I really hope this is the clue they use for 5* Thor someday, just to F with us all  :)