What happened with the new character release preview ?

D4Ni13
D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
Usually by now we already had a marvel article about the new MPQ release. But this week none. Does this confirm the fact that it's Emma Frost and there might be a delay because of the rights war and the need of patch aproval on IOS and Android ? Or maybe our chief is in vacation, so no interview this time ? 

What are your thoughts on the matter and who do you expect to find in game on Thursday ?

Comments

• ckempo
    ckempo Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    I came here just to see if anything had been announced yet.

Was expecting Emma Frost (who else when the clue is clearly diamond) but the consensus in the other thread seems to be Mockingbird.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    The general consensus (probably a euphemism for dataminers) is Mockingbird

No idea why there's no article on marvel.com yet though.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    But why is Mockingbird = Diamond ?
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I'd love to find out as well.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    All I've got is that a diamond (ring) is the replacement for a mockingbird in the lullaby "Hush Little Baby". Certainly nothing from her most recent comic comes to mind. 
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    I think thats why its Mockingbird that lullaby thing. Emma Frost would make so much more sense. And Emma is currently centre stage in Secret Empire. Maybe its Emma after all? The app will tell us either way in like 3hrs. Maybe its an NR + SCL scaling being permanent so thats the big delay?
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Starfury said:
    The general consensus (probably a euphemism for dataminers) is Mockingbird

No idea why there's no article on marvel.com yet though.
    My initial thought was Comic Con hangover. Still, deadlines are deadlines. Figured it would be up by now too. 
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    haha, love veruca!  We have been asking why it's not posted yet!
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    In game is up. To heck with preview. 
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Will you post stats tonight?
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Cthulhu said:
    haha, love veruca!  We have been asking why it's not posted yet!
    Did you try stamping your feet and yelling? It's the only way I get results in my job...
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just a heads up to people who keep seeing the clue as "Diamond = Emma."

The clues aren't usually that obvious/direct. Sandman's was "trapped in time" because sand is in an hourglass, and the clue had nothing to do with a time-traveling character. Doc Ock's clue was "stop me if you've heard this one" because stop signs and octopi have 8 legs. (the fact that digging lead people to this comic is a happy coincidence) Iron Fist was "Waves Piling On" and I'm still not sure what that one means.

The point isn't so much to solve them, as it is to get us thinking. Obviously Emma is related to diamonds, but who else might be, and why? It sparks conversation in the community, and it gives a bit of indirect feedback to the devs (if everyone hopes it's a certain character, that could be an indication of that character being well received in the future, you know?).
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Posting Veruca made the game update. You're welcome.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    My guess is Jessica Jones. Her suoer hero name was jewel and a diamond is a jewel. Plus with the defenders coming up, it make it a tie-i character

• charmbots
    charmbots Posts: 87 Match Maker
    JHawkInc said:
    Just a heads up to people who keep seeing the clue as "Diamond = Emma."

The clues aren't usually that obvious/direct. Sandman's was "trapped in time" because sand is in an hourglass, and the clue had nothing to do with a time-traveling character. Doc Ock's clue was "stop me if you've heard this one" because stop signs and octopi have 8 legs. (the fact that digging lead people to this comic is a happy coincidence) Iron Fist was "Waves Piling On" and I'm still not sure what that one means.

The point isn't so much to solve them, as it is to get us thinking. Obviously Emma is related to diamonds, but who else might be, and why? It sparks conversation in the community, and it gives a bit of indirect feedback to the devs (if everyone hopes it's a certain character, that could be an indication of that character being well received in the future, you know?).
    I'm not sure the doc ock comic is a coincidence. Over on the mpq subreddit back when the 4fist clue was up someone made the comment that they remembered seeing a quote something to the effect of "waves upon waves" of chi energy "piling on" in an Iron Fist comic once.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    JHawkInc said:
    Iron Fist was "Waves Piling On" and I'm still not sure what that one means.
    "Waves Piling On" is an anagram of "Living Weapons". 
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby said:
    JHawkInc said:
    Iron Fist was "Waves Piling On" and I'm still not sure what that one means.
    "Waves Piling On" is an anagram of "Living Weapons". 
    MIND BLOWN
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    I think the more convoluted hints are our fault, for coming up with wildly wacky theories for people we figure it's probably NOT going to be. :P

Still waiting on Dazzler.