Advice on 4* champing

Options
BiffQJ
BiffQJ Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
i am finally starting to champ some 4* characters, but I'd love some advice please! I have one 4* champion (Carol), and three that are fully covered but not all the way levelled up (Agent Venom, Blade, and Riri). I don't have a ton of ISO, so who should I champ next? I'm leaning toward Riri because there are fewer overlapping colors and the one that overlaps is Green which isn't an active ability for Carol. Should I work on Riri next or one of the others? Thanks!

Comments

• greenglove
    greenglove Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Riri is getting a very welcome upgrade and looks pretty good. Blade is also a very solid character. But Blade will be leaving the packs soon, so Riri is probably the better choice. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Blade and Carol also have reasonable synergy (more when Blade has the higher match damage, certainly but still enough)
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd go for Blade even with him leaving packs soon. He's an absolute monster.
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If you are transitioning, I would recommend champing good/top 4* first even though they are leaving or have left the pack. Once you are firmly into 4* land, then focus on the one that are still in the pack. In this case, I vote for 4Blade.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think Riri is better than Blade now, but Blade provides better synergy with Carol, especially if you level him past Carol. Then her Green can fuel Bloodlust, plus she can buff his strikes. 
  • BiffQJ
    BiffQJ Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yeah. I'm actually leaning more towards Riri now after playing with her in the Simulator. Carol's green is fueling Rir's blue which not only does damage, but it also fuels her red. Add Switch into the mix and I'm getting some nice cascades. 
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Definitively not Agent Venom. I'd say Blade because he makes strike tiles Carol can buff, and he has green active thats not too bad. Riri is not the greatest fit for Carol.

If you're really strapped for iso, you could level both Riri & Blade to 220, powers do about the same damage and you only lose some on health really, 270 only matters when they're boosted. Its not ideal but its also pretty cheap, you could tell which you prefer as well.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I strongly recommend Blade. I'm surprised not to see more of him around. I got him and Carol Champed and his damage potential is amazing. Pair Carol with IM40 and Blade and you're only missing purple. Once you get the recharge off with strike tiles out, it's pretty much game for the other team.

For the full Rainbow, Carol, Blade and Coulson are also one of my favorite teams. A little competition for yellow but Coulson's yellow passive will generate so many AP that you never have to worry about your AP pool. 
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I also recommend Blade- he does good damage on passive, he can be a tile spammer and he can take out an entire team by himself. And yes, he's leaving the packs, but there are still good odds of earning him, especially if you've roostered Blade 3*.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nobody is leaving packs anymore, so forget that.

I'm looking forward to trolling everybody who says "Agent Venom sucks" next time he's boosted.
    You all don't know what you're missing.
  • sinnerjfl
    Options
    I dont think AV sucks but besides his black and his phenomenal damage for 5 AP, yellow and red are MEH at best.

Deny black and he's very easy to kill without him doing anything.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    sinnerjfl said:
    I dont think AV sucks but besides his black and his phenomenal damage for 5 AP, yellow and red are MEH at best.

Now imagine him paired with Bolt.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    sinnerjfl said:
    "Bad on defense if you deny their best color" is hardly a slight against most characters, including some very highly-rated ones.
  • sinnerjfl
    Options
    sinnerjfl said:
    "Bad on defense if you deny their best color" is hardly a slight against most characters, including some very highly-rated ones.
    Its not but when they have just one good color, its not that hard to deny a single color which is the case with AV.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sinnerjfl said:
    sinnerjfl said:
    Its not but when they have just one good color, its not that hard to deny a single color which is the case with AV.
    You underestimate his yellow......
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Yeah it's definitely not a bad power at 5 covers.
  • sinnerjfl
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    sinnerjfl said:
    sinnerjfl said:
    Boosted it does...  8k for 11 AP? I mean it's not terrible but its not very scary either.

Look, I don't think he's bad, but he has drawbacks that do not appeal to me in the slightest such as the AP management which makes you basically need to have 6 active colors, a truly terrible red, a yellow that's OK-ish as far as yellow goes.

Pros: great black, yellow can make you invisible with a decent AOE but its expensive.

I want to like him more as I already do dig the artwork/design and his abilities.

He just needs some tweaks.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Well now we're talking about using him vs facing him. And using him when he's boosted is amazing. Even Symbiotic Assault is fine at that point, assuming you don't have any better boosted Red users. (he's been paired with Peggy the last two times he's been boosted. They work well together)

And Alien Weakness is hardly a drawback to avoid at all costs. The worst part of it is not being able to use Military Might, but the (more or less free) board shake is pretty good, and the damage is extremely minor, something like 1.5% of his health.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    sinnerjfl said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    sinnerjfl said:
    sinnerjfl said:
    Boosted it does...  8k for 11 AP? I mean it's not terrible but its not very scary either.

Look, I don't think he's bad, but he has drawbacks that do not appeal to me in the slightest such as the AP management which makes you basically need to have 6 active colors, a truly terrible red, a yellow that's OK-ish as far as yellow goes.

Pros: great black, yellow can make you invisible with a decent AOE but its expensive.

I want to like him more as I already do dig the artwork/design and his abilities.

He just needs some tweaks.

A terrible red?
    25K for 12 red AP is bad?
    Mkay.

• sinnerjfl
    Options
    Bowgentle said:

A terrible red?
    25K for 12 red AP is bad?
    Mkay.

Its 10 red AP + 12 other AP...   22 AP ability for nearly 8k when not boosted, so 16k boosted.

No I dont think that's very good. Yeah sure if he's max champed im sure its 25k but how realistic is it to evalutate a character that way? <_<