Have you met anybody in Real Life from MPQ?

2»

Comments

• elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    i only met one person, as he is actually my husbands childhood friend. However he stopped playing about a year ago. i haven't met anyone from my alliance, but if our paths cross i wouldn't be opposed to meeting them.
  • Knaaks
    Knaaks Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    I was playing at a game store and the worker saw me and we ended up having a nice chat about the game.  He was farther along than me at the time, and it was a long time ago, I don't even think Champing was in the game yet.  I was playing at a resturant once and the waiter saw me and we ended up chatting for quite a while as well.  This was recently, so I had many champed 4's, and he was still working on his 3's, so he asked me a lot of questions.  I told him to focus on his Medusa cuz she is my favorite character in the game.  Good times. 
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Only when they triple tap me in PvP, and they usually don't actually see me. They just see the flaming bag of poo on their front porch.
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler

I voted other. I haven't met up with anyone from the game. However, there are a couple alliance mates that I talk to regularly through line about things other than the game and will probably continue long after the game.

So no one in person but that has more to do with locale than anything.

• dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler

Found out that I went to high school with a fellow mpq'er and my wife her brother both have played too. But as far meeting someone who met in the game, no..

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 said:
    I love the game and all of y'all, but generally when I meet people IRL from forums, we don't have that much in common, other than a shared love of that one specific thing.
    That's pretty much been my experience.  I've met a couple of people I like from Line chats but as a drug-addled punk rocker in his 40s whose favorite activities are making highly inappropriate jokes and slumming dive bars with the wife there really isn't a wide range of people who would enjoy my company outside of the game.  ;)
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I met Rogue once. She's pretty nice in person. Oh, wait, she's not in MPQ. So, no, no I have not.
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    None. All the alliances from my country are dying out since players seem to be quitting the game. I doubt there are many people around here playing this game. I did got a coworker interested for a short while, but she quit after having computer related issues.

I do know my nieces though and I can honestly say that playing this game was a really bonding experience for us. Now they've taken an interest in all Marvel stuff: movies, cartoons, toys. It's so cute to seem excited when I finally champ a character or earn a new one.

My family and I are the only ones with my surname in my country. I did meet another person on Facebook with it, but it turns out her grandparents are from the same small town as my grandparents, so odds are we're related :).
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker

My family and I are the only ones with my surname in my country. I did meet another person on Facebook with it, but it turns out her grandparents are from the same small town as my grandparents, so odds are we're related :).
    Snort. Turns out I am probably related to my FIL (who is my husband's stepfather). My maternal grandfather and his mother shared the same not-so-common last name and spring from around the same region of the country. We haven't run down the connection yet - keep meaning to and then getting distracted.

However, when trying to get more info from my father about maternal side of family, he said "Are you trying to tell me you married back into your own family?" and started laughing. He... might have a point. lol.
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 290 Mover and Shaker
    No time to meet...too...busy...grinding....