Update 2.2. Blew Away My Account

Options
2»

Comments

• BUgsySA
    BUgsySA Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    I finally just got my account back, close to 48 hours of lost time.  Asked support for some compensation and we will see how that goes, but I cant believe it took that long to fix. 
  • MicStarling
    MicStarling Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Unbelievable!
    After sending screenshots of all my PW, mythics/rares and player data they instead put my Android account with almost the same user name (that my kids use) on my iOS device!!!
    I thought it wasn't even possible to migrate between those two operating systems?!
    I really hope they can fix that now!

Anybody have a similar issue?
  • M1llegeo_
    M1llegeo_ Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    They just sent me a message that they restored my save. So excitedly I opened the game and saw they "restored" it back to the same wrong save only with less cards (I had collected the free cards just in case they couldn't restore my account). So now I have had my save reset to the beginning with none of my purchases, planeswalkers, hundreds of cards and several mythics; TWICE in three days
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. The development team has identified the issue, and it does appear to be only affecting iOS users. 

They are currently working on a fix as we speak. and the team will be determining what actions to take, once that is finished and implemented. Thanks for all of your patience!
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My wife's was supposedly restored but hasn't been. I need to get home before I can check the kids.
  • M1llegeo_
    Options
    I still don't have a resolution to the problem. They have now restored the wrong save, asked me to tell them if it worked, and then cut off all communication with me. I spent a bunch of money last week that I had saved just for this game and got to use it for about 2 days before losing everything and I'm continuing to get the run around. This is unacceptable 
  • Kinesia
    Options
    M1llegeo_ said:
    I still don't have a resolution to the problem. They have now restored the wrong save, asked me to tell them if it worked, and then cut off all communication with me. I spent a bunch of money last week that I had saved just for this game and got to use it for about 2 days before losing everything and I'm continuing to get the run around. This is unacceptable 
    This is happening with my wifes account too, they ahave restored the wrong thing and then stopped talking.

My 2 sons are different, _something_ has changed but it now does "Error: Network Error" on both their devices before getting to the Hub, so I can't see if they have their accounts. There _isn't_ a Network error since they are on the same network as my wife and I an we get further, I think it's really having trouble trying to retrieve account data because of problems wit hthe data and it's just thinking it's a network problem.

But support are ignoring us now. Being in Australian Timezones makes it harder, but it's been a longer time than that since a response.
  • M1llegeo_
    edited July 2017
    Options
    They did just respond to me again, and had me send another screenshot of my UID page, and explained it could take up to 72 hours to reply back. While that's a long time, I will give them respect for being honest with me. I did however look at the UID screenshot they had me send days ago and compare the restore that didn't work, with the one now. As should be expected the UID numbers are different, but what surprised me is the device IDs are different too. Does that make any sense? Honesty I'm not trying to be funny or argumentative I just really don't know. Isn't the device my IPhone? If so shouldn't it be the same no matter what save it is?  
  • MicStarling
    Options
    M1llegeo_ said:
    Same thing happened to me - I till CS they restored the wrong account, now they removed that on Friday and I'm back to the new account I created during Nissa's challenge.
    Reply from the so-called customer service is that I should send screenshots etc. 
    I am really pissed off now, this is no way of treating your customer whatsoever.

• Kinesia
    Options
    I suspect the device ids changing is part of the problem, that they didn't expect that in the first place, the UUIDs changing is a symptom of the device IDs changing which wasn't meant to happen. (Which is why they were originally asking us if we updated our devices because they didn't realise it could happen otherwise)

You have the same device but it's possible that the data MtGPQ gets back from the device changed due to something internal in the program. (Or even because this new version is using updated versions of the Apple APIs)
  • sjechua
    sjechua Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Received a stock response in the weekend with the same comment stating 'we are unable to locate the new ####### account' again! Screenshot of the same new UID where I have re-completed Chapter 1 and saved a new username, joined a Coalition, joined Events, ... but seemingly still getting no where on this ticket. More than 5-days now ...

So, within what timeframe can I expect to have my original Guest account back?
    Y'know, the one which money was spent on?!

Fourth reply back to CS now ... 
    :s this is exasperating!

New username is 'd3vsAware'
    If anyone reading this post in Bronze tier matches against me in an Event, I would appreciate a screenshot, thanks!
  • MicStarling
    Options
    It's been a week now and my account is still not restored, I'm on the edge of just quoting Scaramucci and giving up on the game ...

customer service has not replied  to me since I sent them all screenshots of my old & new ID (for the second time) 24 hours ago... I guess it doesn't help either that I live in Europe, different time zone etc. 

@Brigby is there something you can do to help me?  My ticket nr is 338730

• sjechua
    sjechua Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby
    Please update us daily on the progress of the fix for this issue and the expected release date.
    Thank you.
  • Skiglass6
    Skiglass6 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just did update to 2.2.1 and now my account is lost. I do not have facebook. I have completed the tutorial and sent my ticket. Anyone else having this problem with the 2.2.1 update. I am on iOS and have recently updated iOS version between version 2.2 and version 2.2.1. 
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I lost my account too after updating to v2.2.1. No facebook backup either. already cut a ticket. :(
  • Skiglass6
    Skiglass6 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So what info did you send @blacklotus?  I sent a pic of the new UID that was created and a pic that I had of what I think is my original UID. So my question is what system creates the UID. Is it iOS (if so why did it change) or created by MtGPQ when a new account is created (why can it not find my old UID)?  

Maybe we should start a poll and have people vote which one of us will get their account back first. 
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Skiglass6 i sent them my ingame name and UID of my missing account. luckily, i saved a screen shot of that. 
  • Tomvd10
    Tomvd10 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Lost my account too, sent a ticket...