Update 2.2. Blew Away My Account

Options
wickedwitch74
wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
So... once again I find myself in Nissa's Tutorial, with my account seemingly blown away.

Thanks for the update. 

Comments

• Russmunki
    Russmunki Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The same thing happened to me. Anyone know how to get this fixed?
  • Hiportes
    Hiportes Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Same here.  
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have 4 players in my family, 3 not signed in on Facebook and me with Facebook, they all lost their accounts and I didn't.
    I suspect this is a very very widespread and serious problem and needs immediate addressing.

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. If you previously had your account connected to Facebook, and found your account has been restarted to the beginning, please proceed through the tutorial. Once finished, go into the Settings menu, and log back into Facebook. Your account should be restored at that point.

If you had not previously connected to Facebook, please send in a support ticket, and Customer Support will be able to help you restore it.
  • Kinesia
    Options
    Support should fix it automatically for everyone, you can tell it's happened by the data you're getting back from the devices, it shouldn't need the customer to be proactive when you can.
  • sjechua
    sjechua Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This issue needs to be fixed immediately!
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ok so it wasn't just me...hahaha
  • bionicbadger
    bionicbadger Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've gotten 2 email from support about facebook logging in.  They don't even read the requests or email responses.  Its the third time I've had to write that I don't have a facebook account.
  • BUgsySA
    BUgsySA Posts: 51 Match Maker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I've gotten 2 email from support about facebook logging in.  They don't even read the requests or email responses.  Its the third time I've had to write that I don't have a facebook account.

Same here.  I don't know why the account recovery process wasn't started yesterday after telling them multiple times I have never used anything regarding facebook and mtgpq. 
  • Brigby
    Options
    Hi Everyone. For those of you that encountered this issue, are you on Android or iOS? If you are on iOS, did you also happen to upgrade your iOS version prior to updating the game?
  • bionicbadger
    bionicbadger Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    on iOS but haven't upgraded it for weeks
  • CanSpice
    CanSpice Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    @Brigby I am on iOS but I have not updated the OS version in a while.

I too received the "did you login to facebook to recover your account" question twice from support, and each time I have had to tell them that I had never connected facebook to MtGPQ. I haven't heard back since answering them five hours ago. :(

I thought this was a quick process. @Brigby, how busy is support in restoring these accounts? How long should I expect to have to wait?
  • Brigby
    Options
    @CanSpice
    The process duration varies depending on how widespread the issue is. Unfortunately in this case, there seems to be an unusually higher number of account restores being requested. The peculiarity of this instance is that it primarily, if not only, affected iOS devices, hence my question.

Apologies for the delay, however due to the nature of this situation, I'd like to respectfully ask for your patience as Customer Support handles these requests as quickly and efficiently as they can. Thank you!
  • BUgsySA
    BUgsySA Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    @Brigby Will there be any sort of compensation for this?  I'm well over 24 hours of not having my account and 8 hours since I have last heard from support about anything. So no events played, no daily rewards, and no free "boosters."
  • Brigby
    Options
    @BUgsySA
    Since compensation for "lost" accounts are usually handled on a case-by-case basis, depending on severity, I'm afraid you'd probably need to ask Customer Support that question.
  • sjechua
    sjechua Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Can we ask for the option to merge accounts so this issue cannot occur again? @Brigby
  • Kinesia
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @BUgsySA
    Since compensation for "lost" accounts are usually handled on a case-by-case basis, depending on severity, I'm afraid you'd probably need to ask Customer Support that question.
    Bigby, since this is so widespread that isn't acceptable, this has to be an exception. Everyone needs to have _all_ rewards that could've been granted while their account was unavailable. All event rewards and all free boosters for the total missing time, anything less is theft. This has to be to _everyone_ whether they report it or not, otherwise you are stealing from timid people.
  • Kinesia
    Options
    And, what about people who see the "Nissa tutorial" and give up and don't contact support? By not automatically restoring their accounts (which they can do) they are deliberately sacrificing and alienating customers. This is the worst customer support I've _ever_ seen by the _companies_ point of view. They are deliberating hurting and throwing away customers and making things impossible. This is completely self-sabotage. It is also hurting the _Wizards_ brand which I am bringing up with Wizards. They shouldn't accept this from their partners.
  • Kinesia
    Options
    Honestly it's insulting that people are _asking_, that the company hasn't _already_ announced it. You should've had an internal meeting and thought about long term risks to customer base and just given all possible rewards they could've gotten to the people affected PLUS a bit extra for the inconvenience.

You guys really need "customer service 101" lessons still.

• MicStarling
    MicStarling Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I have the same issue in iOS, filed a ticket, complete the tutorial and sent all requested info & screenshots - 24 hours and no response, my account isn't restored either...

Gotta say I'm really starting to get pissed off... Not the first time this happens either that customer service is less than efficient either.

Even though I understand they might be quite busy at the moment...

I've spent countless hours of grinding and some money on this game, otherwise I would give up...