Update to 2.2 Brings me to Nissa's Tutorial [Devs Aware]

Options

Comments

• SirFitzalot
    SirFitzalot Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I sent in a ticket yesterday with the same issue. Still hopeful today that it can be fixed. I had a solid amount of cards and maxed out walkers. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. For those of you that encountered this issue, are you on Android or iOS? If you are on iOS, did you also happen to upgrade your iOS version prior to updating the game?
  • SirFitzalot
    Options
    Mine was not at 10.3.3 until last night but I thought it was still at least 10. 
  • BUgsySA
    BUgsySA Posts: 51 Match Maker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. For those of you that encountered this issue, are you on Android or iOS? If you are on iOS, did you also happen to upgrade your iOS version prior to updating the game?
    I updated iOS to 10.3.3 last week. 

Edit - I updated to fix the wifi issue that was updated not because of the mtgpq update. 
  • Themchops
    Themchops Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Still waiting for resolution. Replied to ticket wth required info and now waiting in limbo. 

Cannot access cards I paid money for. Totally absurd. 

I made aure in my ticket and ticket reply to mention how frustrating this is, and how I fully expect some compensation. Let's see if they make good on that. Because my customer experience right now is beyond "poor"
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The company is still not accepting responsibility or they would've already promised full recompense to everyone affected.

Basically they seem to have updated their code that generates UUIDs, anyone with facebook reloaded the same UUID, everyone else on iOS had a new one generated and lost their account. This is very very basic incomplete testing. They tested the new cards, but they changed their UUID code and never tested the consequences. It's pretty close to insane behaviour by a company, there is no way that didn't need testing.

• SirFitzalot
    Options
    Still waiting. They have to manual restore mine I guess. I hope it's before elspeth goes away I had a ton of stuff saved to level her. Also had some gems saved for a masterpiece pull....
  • Themchops
    Options
    Stiiiiiiiiiiiill waiting for manual restore. Gonna miss the entire HOD event seems like. Making me not want to buy much now....

really shoddy testing if kinesia is correct. Seems basic and either mistakenly overlooked (why a huge company isn't that thorough is embarrassing), or just decided not worthwhile (deplorable risk on customer service)

not a good look d3go. Not cool. 
  • SirFitzalot
    Options
    Restored!!!! So excited. So is there a way to save it with my Facebook so that I can avoid this stuff in the future?
  • Hiportes
    Hiportes Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I am still waiting as well.  Needs to be manually restored I guess as well.  I also hope there is some recompense (even just missing the end of the month daily rewards is missing a good amount of stuff).
  • M1llegeo_
    M1llegeo_ Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I get to wait again. As I said in the other thread I got a message sent from them that my save was restored, but I checked and it looked nothing like my save, it was just the beginning of the game again only I didn't have to do the tutorial. I gave them a list of every mythic, planeswalker, and some of the rares I had and they just dismissed all of that information and reset my brand new save back to what it was two days ago. I played the new save two days ago just in case they couldn't restore my old save and would have requested I get my purchases back; and just grind. But now I have had the game reset to the beginning on me twice in three days. This is beyond frustrating. I actually had to tell the support team to READ the ENTIRE ticket because I gave them ALL THE INFORMATION they needed to restore the CORRECT save. That's insane to me that I had treat these people like children and state to do the obvious when resolving an issue
  • AresOmega
    AresOmega Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    Restored!!!! So excited. So is there a way to save it with my Facebook so that I can avoid this stuff in the future?
    Go to your settings within the app and log in to your Facebook account from there. That should do the trick for you.
  • Brigby
    Options
    Hi Everyone. The development team has identified the issue, and it does appear to be only affecting iOS users.

They are currently working on a fix as we speak. and the team will be determining what actions to take, once that is finished and implemented. Thanks for all of your patience!
  • Themchops
    Options
    I'm finally in now myself. Event nearly over. And no compensation given. Absurd. Something aside from apology is warranted. 

Other games preemptively give tokens or when maintenance goes long or log in issue ... lost accounts needing manual restore? Obvious need to keep those people happy - just good manners/commons sense/good business. ****...?!?
  • M1llegeo_
    Options
    This is now DAY 4 that my issue has not been resolved. They have cut off all communication with me for over 24 hours, and they ASKED ME TO RESPOND TO THEM!!  I'm getting really angry. I spent money on this game and within a couple days of having spent that money I lost everything, had them "restore" the wrong save, missed out the entire week of prizes, and I'm pretty much guaranteed to have been kicked out of my coalition because they do that to people who don't play the events. I'm to the point where I don't even care about my save, I just want my money back. This has been the most unprofessional experience I have ever had with any company in my life. 
  • Brigby
    Options
    Hi @M1llegeo_
    I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a negative experience with our Customer Support team. If you wouldn't mind sending me the reference number for your ticket, I'd be happy to take a look at it myself, and assist you where I can
  • Themchops
    Options
    @Brigby, is anything being offered to us that lost our accounts and had to manual restore? Horribly unprofessional. No compensation or even token of good will from huge company is inexcusable. 

I me mentioned in both in my original ticket and and the reply. And AGAIN in my reply to fix when they asked me to reply but I haven't heard back from that. I can't even view the ticket anymore because my account doesn't show tickets - it was the "new" temp account that opened the ticket. 

Beyond absurd and rather infuriating. It literally costs them NOTHING to gift us a few jewels or packs - since many of us (myself included) missed entire event and were booted from coalitions (as M1llego mentioned). To just assume we don't care and will keep buying is callous and costly; what's worse is we (I know I did) just asked and they wouldn't even supply a response.

Come on. So simple. "Here's some goodies, so sorry we goofed. Our bad. Keep playing [please keep spending] !"
    see done, took ten seconds. I'm flabbergasted. 

• M1llegeo_
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi @M1llegeo_
    I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a negative experience with our Customer Support team. If you wouldn't mind sending me the reference number for your ticket, I'd be happy to take a look at it myself, and assist you where I can
    Brigby my ticket number is 338687. I really appreciate you taking a look. As I have said before, I'm at a point where I just want my money back, because I can't afford to throw that much away on nothing just to have to start over and have no money to try to make a new save any good
  • ayuready7
    ayuready7 Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2017
    Options
    My lost account has be restored.

• ayuready7
    ayuready7 Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I am afraid that this kind of thing will happen again when I update the next versions, but I do not want to use Facebook backup, there are other solutions?