Update to 2.2 Brings me to Nissa's Tutorial [Devs Aware]

Options
wickedwitch74
wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
EDIT: 

Yes... I was very frustrated, but support handled this ticket very quickly. I am back up and running again.

Very impressed with the turnaround. A big positive.

Um.... this is absolutely ridiculous.

Am I going to have to open another ticket to recover my account... again?

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• wickedwitch74
    Options
    I am so, so disgusted with this company.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Moved to Bugs & Technical Issues

@wickedwitch74 You'll want to make sure you're still logged into Facebook. If you already created a new account, then proceed through the Tutorial. Once that's done, access the Settings menu, and log back into your Facebook to retrieve your account.
  • BUgsySA
    BUgsySA Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    What if you never logged on with Facebook?  I just updated and it started me at the tutorial.  
  • wickedwitch74
    Options
    Brigby.

Thank you for the posting. I really don't want to use Facebook as account recovery, but if that's the only way, I will look into that.

My support ticket was handled in a very timely manner, and I am very pleased with the response time. A big positive.

This seems to happen to me a lot (fourth time in eight months), and is related to in-game updates wiping me out. Frustrating.
  • wickedwitch74
    edited July 2017
    Options

@Brigby

Now that I am restored, I am trying to save my game to Facebook, however...

Doing so brought me to a prompt that says, Facebook login already exists, do you want to switch.

I believe I may have tried this link months ago when my account was initially lost. Doing this will probably revert my account to this older, deleted account.

Is there a way to reset this Facebook save?
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BUgsySA said:
    What if you never logged on with Facebook?  I just updated and it started me at the tutorial.  
    This this here. My family are not logged in through facebook. But they still have a right to keep their accounts.

This needs a _broad_ widespread immediate fix with compensation for those affected who currently can't play or collect cards or do events.

My kids only way to be known is that they used my "refer to friends" link.

This is unforgivable. Accounts should be linked to the icloud games account, not anything else.
  • BUgsySA
    BUgsySA Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Kinesia said:
    BUgsySA said:
    This this here. My family are not logged in through facebook. But they still have a right to keep their accounts.

This needs a _broad_ widespread immediate fix with compensation for those affected who currently can't play or collect cards or do events.

This is unforgivable. Accounts should be linked to the icloud games account, not anything else.
    its ridiculous isnt it?

@Brigby

I've already submitted a ticket, but have not heard anything back from support yet.  I have never used the facebook log on feature and was never planning on using it.  Is there anything that can be done to expedite this?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    BUgsySA said:
    @BUgsySA If you have never logged on with Facebook, you will need to submit a support ticket to have Customer Support restore your account.

Now that I am restored, I am trying to save my game to Facebook, however...

Doing so brought me to a prompt that says, Facebook login already exists, do you want to switch.

I believe I may have tried this link months ago when my account was initially lost. Doing this will probably revert my account to this older, deleted account.

Is there a way to reset this Facebook save?
    @wickedwitch74 Hmm that's a good question. We have an internal discussion going on right now, pertaining to this topic, so I will pass along your question.

Kinesia said:
    BUgsySA said:

@Kinesia Those accounts are not lost, even in the instance of not having a Facebook account attached. You will simply need to contact Customer Support, and they will be able to restore the accounts.

When it comes to other methods of saving account progress, I will pass along the request to have save options expand beyond just a Facebook account.
  • Imbrium
    Imbrium Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm really sad about all the changes. 
    I am frustrated by the number of duplicates.  Now, with the reduced number in the free boosters I'm pretty sure the frequency of receiving anything worthwhile will dimish further.  People have lives outside of the game and the eight hours sometimes felt interminable, but they were achievable.  I'm basically looking at a reduction of redeeming them - less cards.  My kids were relying on a booster pack in the morning and a booster pack in the afternoon - the game will become impossible for them, unplayable almost.
    Now as my husband said, my account has gone missing with the new updates, and so have my children's.  Between the constant crashing and no real help from the D3 support, I have gone from really enjoying the game, to resenting the obligation of logging in.
    I am at the tipping point.
  • BigMcHuge
    BigMcHuge Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My account also disappeared. Sending in a ticket now and crossing my fingers.
  • Imbrium
    Options
    @ BigMcHuge Good luck.
  • CanSpice
    CanSpice Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I too lost my account. Hopefully I get a better resolution that a coalition member who lost his a couple of weeks ago and Customer Support couldn't get it back. He ended up quitting the game. :-(
  • Imbrium
    Options
    @ CanSpice I am considering my current options very carefully, especially based on whether my account is recovered.  The idea of trying to get my current collection back 1 card at a time doesn't make me excited.  Basically even though the potential of collecting 12 cards is there, people lose out - and those with strict work/other commitments have it even worse.
    I loved this onine version of Magic better than the card game.  I'm so upset I am not sure I can face the actual paper game for a while either.
  • Kinesia
    Options
    The accounts being broken is a very serious breach of trust on the companies part.
    We did not upgrade our phones, we did not delete the app and reinstall it, things that _might_ require needing support, instead we installed a normal upgrade through the proper process. An upgrade that is _compulsory_ to play the game.
    But it had not been tested properly. I suspect the HoD cards had been tested, but not the actual _upgrade_ process.

No other app _ever_ requires support to restore your account when you've done an official upgrade through proper channels, this is completely unheard of.

• wickedwitch74
    Options
    I know how frustrating this is, guys. However, support got me back up in running in a couple of hours. 

That was a positive experience. Hope you all have the same luck.

Cheers,

-Sean.
  • Kinesia
    Options
    With the change to boosters...
    The company isn't considering it's _own_ policies.

Look at the daily login bonus through the activity hub... You are _encouraged_ to get everything, but you are not _punished_ for missing a few, you lose a little bit, but you can miss 9 most months and still get the best reward. This is far far better than most other companies with a daily login who make you start from day 1 again if you miss a single day or just miss the monthly reward completely.
    This was _reasonable_.

The free boosters didn't follow this thinking through. They _rewarded_ you for punishing yourself and skipping sleep, getting 3 packs a day was doable sometimes just painful but it shouldn't have been encouraged.
    The new system is far far worse. You can get even more cards now, but the punishment is far harder and you are _rewarded_ for hurting yourself by setting an alarm to wake up every 2 hours and do it.

My kids only get to login about twice a day, they should reasonably expect to get _most_ (but not all) of the free rewards but they can't. Kids love seeing new cards, 1 card at a time is just painful for them. But they are the future audience.

Go back to 3 card boosters. Deliberately set things up to give people time to sleep.
    Be nice, let people have 9 hours sleep!
    3 card boosters every 5 hours, completely doable, but RESTRICT it to 3 a day so noone can abuse it. That's the part that was missing with the old system and the new system makes it even worse not better.

• CanSpice
    CanSpice Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I don't know why you're talking about boosters in a thread about losing accounts. There are other threads for boosters. 
  • Themchops
    Themchops Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Same here - updated and brought right to tutorial. 

Absurd. Opening a ticket now. Probably going to cut my spending on new set purely due to this and the issues I've already heard cropping up given update is less than 24 hrs old still. Sad. 
  • Kinesia
    Options
    CanSpice said:
    I don't know why you're talking about boosters in a thread about losing accounts. There are other threads for boosters. 
    It was in a previous comment too. Some of the frustration is bleeding between issues. I separated it out rather than have them in the same post.
  • ayuready7
    ayuready7 Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    my account also lost.just update the game and it started the tutorial.