Before you run The Sinster 6 again fix Carnage!

Options
2»

Comments

• animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    On round 8, I've got Carnage up first and have been trying a variety of teams to get past him and he just keeps kicking **** and taking them all down. As soon as he has 4 black, the match is basically over due to his cascading "extra turn"s.

My alliance suggested a team I'll try to use to get past him, but I have my doubts.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    Easy event, I breezed through all rounds including 8 with Chulk, 4Thor, and my 3/3/5 420 Phoenix. Don't believe I even had a character go down, and I know I didn't wipe on anything.  

Yeah, I think most could breeze through with a 5 star and 2 high level vaulted 4 stars.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Facing him first in Round 8 was my only issue. The teams I could put together that would smash him, didn't fare to well against Ock because I didn't have a board manipulator to get rid of that damn nuclear reactor. My go-to team was C4rol/Coulson/SWitch. 
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Daiches said:
    Landale said:
    Daiches said:
    My only gripe is the nodes that have Ock And Venom together is so high. Especially the later rounds.
    You want Chulk for Ock, but AoE (or Random Damage. hi Bl4de) for invisible Venom.
    I just used IM40, Cho, GSBW.  GSBW can take out the invisibility tiles, Cho can strike the finishing blow.

Easy peasy, if you have the team.
    I'm running HE/Coulson/third, since not spending healthpacks is better. IM40 team seems very fragile. How do you run that vs Carnage/Ock/Venom (round 8). Even with 2 yellow matches straight away, you'll get frenzied by Carnage while your CD are out. And you're bringing two low health characters. 
    Not sure what to say.  It's the same team I ran last time the event ran and I didn't have any troubles through round 8 then.  I ended up with nearly 2 million points, being one of the few in my alliance that could manage that round.  Carnage being first sucks, but the other two are not even remotely a problem once I get past Carnage.  Whatever works for someone is all that matters =).
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    On round 8, I've got Carnage up first and have been trying a variety of teams to get past him and he just keeps kicking tinykitty and taking them all down. As soon as he has 4 black, the match is basically over due to his cascading "extra turn"s.

My alliance suggested a team I'll try to use to get past him, but I have my doubts.
    The Hood/XFW/Deadpool team did not work. But I was able to make it through with 3* Hulk, GSBW, and C4rol. They took a lot of damage, and Hulk was down before I made it past Carnage, but the other 2 were able to build some more AP on DocOck up next, and finish off both him and Venom at the end of the run.
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I don't know if it is a bug or by design but I had Carnage launch his board shake Red 5AP power on his first turn in round 2. Since he was the first boss I don't know how he managed to pick up enough AP do to that?
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I don't know if it is a bug or by design but I had Carnage launch his board shake Red 5AP power on his first turn in round 2. Since he was the first boss I don't know how he managed to pick up enough AP do to that?
    If you are sure that's the case, I'd post that in the bug report section. Sounds like one to me
    If you are not sure that's the case, go with the MPQ conspiracy theories thread in GD!! :D
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah, I think most could breeze through with a 5 star and 2 high level vaulted 4 stars.
    That is how boss events have always been even way before vaulting was a thing (for the second run anyway).  My first boss event I couldn't do much.  My second I was able to cheese the later rounds of Civil War run 1 with an undercovered and unleveled Howard the Duck hiding with his purple and slowly taking out the bosses with match damage.  Those matches were each taking me 30 minutes or so but I did manage to get to the next to last progression reward.  The next boss event I hit the final reward.  And so on and so on.  

Winning the top personal progression with a 3* roster isn't really in the cards.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Yeah so here we are again with Carnage in the first of the wave and he is just ridiculous.  He wipes out my champed 4* every time...every time in this event and in the last run.  Devs need to understand how broken he is at the high levels. First, his red shouldn't do damage when it does a ENTIRE board shake or if you insist to keep the damage, the AP cost to fire needs to be doubled.  Second, his black AP extra turns should be for every 6 AP or 7 AP instead of 4.  His green power is ok as is.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I used Peggy, re-specced to 5/5/3, to good effect. C&D are also helpful once you switch to yellow generation. You can reduce his damage by using black on him, and the yellow tiles overwrite his colours. They also self-heal with enough yellow on the board.

Not that I'm saying Carnage first in R8 is okay, he's not, just that he's not impossible to beat.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Peggy with 3/5/5 was great in round 8 for the right side fight.  Slows down Vulture, stuns the goons against Goblin,  semi reliable damage against Sandman since he can't convert your cd tiles to yellow.  I avoided Carnage in round 8 because I grinded max progression in the early rounds.
  • AlluAllu
    AlluAllu Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    revskip said:

Winning the top personal progression with a 3* roster isn't really in the cards.
    I've gotten the legendary token from last two boss events and expect to get a third from this. I just need about six more victories. As long as my alliance hasn't advanced too much, that should be possible.
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    435 oml, imhb and a random 3rd have taken carnage quite easily both events. Just get some red, and he is done.
  • Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    435 oml, imhb and a random 3rd have taken carnage quite easily both events. Just get some red, and he is done.

I think the majority of the people having problems are people with 3*/transitioning into 4* rosters.
  • Spooky
    Spooky Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I think he is manageable... only lost one or two times against him in round 8 with im40, gewnpool and c4clops...
    ok, i used yellow boosts... but you have to make only one yellow match and then deny black and read for 2 rounds... after this its game over for carnage...
  • Spooky
    Spooky Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I think he is manageable... only lost one or two times against him in round 8 with im40, gewnpool and c4clops...
    ok, i used yellow boosts... but you have to make only one yellow match and then deny black and read for 2 rounds... after this its game over for carnage...
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    revskip said:
    That is how boss events have always been even way before vaulting was a thing (for the second run anyway).  My first boss event I couldn't do much.  My second I was able to cheese the later rounds of Civil War run 1 with an undercovered and unleveled Howard the Duck hiding with his purple and slowly taking out the bosses with match damage.  Those matches were each taking me 30 minutes or so but I did manage to get to the next to last progression reward.  The next boss event I hit the final reward.  And so on and so on.  

My alt has won top personal progression on a 3* roster both runs of the event, joining late and playing mainly against the last round bosses. No boosts used. 

A few different teams I've tried:
    Hulk, 3Storm, KK
    IF, IM40, Cyc
    Kk, IM40, Cyc.

I'm sure there are other viable teams. I have zero usable 4*s, thanks vaulting! 
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They don't have to change his power set just put him last in the 3 fights. At least there would be some strategy on AP conservation and not just death when he is first.