Before you run The Sinster 6 again fix Carnage!

Options
Wumpushunter
Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
He appears too often, twice as much as anyone and due to frenzy can make 4 or 5 moves in a row including killing a 10,000 health  3 star in 1 turn. 

Comments

• Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This was my suggestion in the survey. First run and was just a misery. Not looking forward to lvl5 and beyond with him again.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My only gripe is the nodes that have Ock And Venom together is so high. Especially the later rounds.
    You want Chulk for Ock, but AoE (or Random Damage. hi Bl4de) for invisible Venom.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gwenpool works on Oc and Venom. She's squishy as all get out, though.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Yeah in the first run through, Gwenpool owned Venom and Doc Ock for me.  I only hated facing Carnage when he was first because in the first event, I was able to use IM40 and 4Thor and simply destroy the final two characters in the wave without an issue, it was the first character that was a challenge since I had to build up AP in the first wave and Carnage was terribly OP in the later rounds with Sandman not far behind him.

I find it interesting that it appears that both IM40 and 4Thor will be boosted again according to the announcement page.
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Prediction:

Resolution: WontFix - Working As Intended

• Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Daiches said:
    My only gripe is the nodes that have Ock And Venom together is so high. Especially the later rounds.
    You want Chulk for Ock, but AoE (or Random Damage. hi Bl4de) for invisible Venom.
    I just used IM40, Cho, GSBW.  GSBW can take out the invisibility tiles, Cho can strike the finishing blow.

Easy peasy, if you have the team.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Last go round I think I used xfw, gsbw, and Cho. Not working nearly as efficient as they did last time. 

Carnage is just a beast if he's your first foe.

Might switch to rulk to build up my Green faster.
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Options
    smkspy said:
    Last go round I think I used xfw, gsbw, and Cho. Not working nearly as efficient as they did last time. 

Carnage is just a beast if he's your first foe.
    Yeah, that's the only time I've ever had an issue with Carnage.  During Ock and Venom, and to a lesser extent Vulture and Goblin, I just use that time to save up AP for later waves.  Carnage and Sandman just need to die immediately.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This event is great and lots of fun! No need to change anything!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Daiches said:
    *cough*BoostedGraySuitBlackWidowAndIM40*cough. 

Sorry, had something in my throat. :smile:

Not too many arguments on Carnage though, especially when he is first. He can get out of control real quick, although oddly enough I find that appropriate for the character. Doesn't make it any less annoying or frustrating though. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Carnage will chew through some health, there's no doubt about it, but that's Carnage. He's one of Spider-Man's deadliest foes. For those in the 3-star realm, the later rounds are going to be difficult. But these are alliance events - lean on your heavy hitter members to help get you through while you get as many points as you can - even in a loss.

Ock is the only one I find remotely challenging. He's a cupcake for IM40/Cap/GSBW early in the event, but those three will be too squishy in the later rounds.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Spider-Woman is my must-have for these events. She can shut down Ock with her purple power, do ok damage with red (although I tend to save that up for Th4r), and pretty much ignore direct damage with black. Carnage keeps hammering at her for 4-5 damage while she meat-shields the rest of the team so they can stomp him.

Main point: Carnage isn't really unbalanced (ba-DUM-bump) if you strategize instead of just picking your usual team and expecting them to stomp everybody.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nepenthe said:
    He appears too often, twice as much as anyone and due to frenzy can make 4 or 5 moves in a row including killing a 10,000 health  3 star in 1 turn. 
    Ummm, what?  All 6 of them appear the exact same number of times.
    I have had carnage first on one side or the other ever single round it seems maybe it's post carnage stress disorder 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So far, I've been trashing Carnage pretty easily with C4rol+someone who makes my strongest colour red. C4rol/Blad3/3Thor has been my go-to for whichever side he's on. Swap 3Thor for Medusa to make my strongest colour yellow when hitting Sandman's side. Haven't had them both together yet, I'll figure out how to deal with that when I get there.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Haven't had to deviate from IM40/Th4r/Chulk so far. 
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Have been breezing thru this with same team as last time: OML/GSBW/Chulk for both boss nodes. When Carnage is first, I just match OML tiles tanking red, black and yellow. Build up my AP while matching Carnage to death. 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Landale said:
    Daiches said:
    I just used IM40, Cho, GSBW.  GSBW can take out the invisibility tiles, Cho can strike the finishing blow.

Easy peasy, if you have the team.
    I'm running HE/Coulson/third, since not spending healthpacks is better. IM40 team seems very fragile. How do you run that vs Carnage/Ock/Venom (round 8). Even with 2 yellow matches straight away, you'll get frenzied by Carnage while your CD are out. And you're bringing two low health characters. 
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    C4rol, Blad3 and Coulson. Just get black for Blad3, hope for red and watch C4rol and Coulson ping-pong those strikes endlessly. Throw in some Blad3 attacks as well. For Doc Ock I use GwenPool, IM40 and 3Cap.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Easy event, I breezed through all rounds including 8 with Chulk, 4Thor, and my 3/3/5 420 Phoenix. Don't believe I even had a character go down, and I know I didn't wipe on anything