*** Storm (Mohawk) ***

Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2015 in Character Details
[anchor=storm3]Storm (Mohawk)[/anchor]
3 Star Rarity (Rare) - (Gold Character) Discussion link
At Max Level: HP: 7565 Tile damage: 70/12/11/13/79/61/3.5
    Lightning Strike - Green 10 AP
    Storm calls a blinding bolt of electricity from the heavens, shattering 8 tiles, doing damage and earning AP for each.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Shatters 9 tiles. Level 3: Shatters 10 tiles. Level 4: Shatters 12 tiles. Level 5: Shatters 14 tiles.
      Mistress of the Elements - Yellow 9 AP
      Clouds darken the battlefield and lightning streaks across the sky as Storm's awesome power inspires her teammates and assaults her foes. Destroys up to 5 Team-Up tiles, generating Team-Up AP and dealing 38 damage per tile.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: Deals 46 damage for each tile shattered Level 3: Deals 53 damage for each tile shattered Level 4: Deals 68 damage for each tile shattered Level 5: Destroys 7 Team-Up tiles
        Hailstorm - Black 9 AP
        Ororo glares and dark clouds coalesce. Hailstones pelt the enemy, converting 16 basic tiles to Attack tiles.
        Level Upgrades
          Level 2: Converts 20 tiles. Level 3: Converts 20 tiles. Level 4: Converts 25 tiles. Level 5: Converts 32 tiles.
        Max Level: Makes 32 strength 39 Attack tiles

See Incoming Heroes and discussion. Guessing she'll be a 3*.
        Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• I have a feeling she'll be another "lazy" gold character. However, I hope it's not a straight up copy of the 1 star Storm. I like the idea that they reworked Daken a little (heard the devs promise he won't be a more annoying version of the 2 star). I imagine she'll be out by the end of May to coincide with the new XMen movie. I wish they made Cyclops or Iceman, instead, but one can always dream!
        • If it was a lazy Modern Storm...that would be insane. Personally I'm all for it. 10 green for AP generation and cascades. a reliable way to harvesting environmentals and more cascades...and wonderful attack tiles.
        • I would be okay with a *** variant of Modern Storm, too. It's better to go from a * to a *** than a small step like a ** to a ***. Modern Storm was my favorite * star character.
        • Nonce Equitaur 2
          Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
          My guess is that she'll keep the 1* environment power in some form. It's so fantastically useful that she's used frequently. It's almost required for having Black Panther's Yellow to be useful. Some sort of AP generation would be great, i think the Hood and Mags are the only 3* AP generators.

For the third power -- a scaled up Hailstorm would be too gruesome, and same goes for the retribution power. I could see a Stun skill similar to HT's flame jet -- puts a countdown tile on the board for the stun, eats up AP of a color each round it's maintained, the stun is destroyed if the countdown tile is destroyed.
        • Dormammu
          Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
          Keep in mind that for most of the 'Mohawk Storm ' era she didn't have her powers...
        • Unknown
          edited April 2014
          Dormammu wrote:
          Keep in mind that for most of the 'Mohawk Storm ' era she didn't have her powers...

So, you're saying switchblades and brass knuckles will be her abilites?
        • What did mohawk storm do? My comic book skills are not up to par. I just remember her powers being neutralized by...forge? Someone help.
        • What did mohawk storm do? My comic book skills are not up to par. I just remember her powers being neutralized by...forge? Someone help.

She made Cyclops look like the gigantic crybaby piece of garbage character that he is, that's what. Without powers. She did have powers a little bit during her Mohawk era, but mostly not. I'm hoping it's not a 1* set of abilities as those are pretty obscene, and would only be kept in check by her health pool... but given the absurd cascades she can produce, it won't keep a heck of a lot in check.

Also yes I hate Cyclops, he's probably one of the worst characters in Marvel once you read up on him. Cool at first, then a huge whiny baby who moves on from "the love of his life" in the blink of an eye.
        • Dormammu
          edited April 2014
          What did mohawk storm do? My comic book skills are not up to par. I just remember her powers being neutralized by...forge? Someone help.

You're exactly right, Forge was responsible for her losing her powers. Storm grew to rely on her mind and body, becoming the X-Men's most formidable hand-to-hand fighter and their unrivaled leader. She beat Cyclops in a fight, even though he could use his powers, to become leader of the X-Men. She also took down Callisto for leadership of the Morlocks, effectively commanding both mutant groups at the same time.

It was a defining era for Storm, when she transformed from a naïve 'goddess' to a hardened leader.
        • So she shouldn't be able to summon storms and cast lightning bolts...but kicks butt martial arts style and has a pack of morlocks? Does she get her powers back at some point and does she keep her mohawk?
        • Unknown
          edited April 2014
          I collected comic books during that era. Those were some great storylines. I started right before The Brood storyline and then quit around the time of Secret Wars 2, when Marvel got cross-over crazy.
          Does she get her powers back at some point and does she keep her mohawk?

edit: Looking back, she gets her powers back after a year-long sabbatical with Forge and has re-grown her hair.
        • Dormammu
          So she shouldn't be able to summon storms and cast lightning bolts...but kicks butt martial arts style and has a pack of morlocks? Does she get her powers back at some point and does she keep her mohawk?

She gets her powers back, but as soon as she does she loses the Mohawk and dons the costume you see on the 2* Storm cover.
        • Katai
          Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
          She's back to wearing the Mohawk, though. After Avengers vs X-men, she was so pissed at Cyclops (on top of having her marriage with Black Panther annulled), she joined Wolverine at the Jean Grey Institute. She wanted a new start, so she had her hair cut (with the help of Wolverine) and started teaching at the school.

She's currently the leader of the X-Men, alongside other prominent women like Rachel Grey, Psylock, Rogue, and Jubilee.
        • Wolverine cut her hair?
        • Dormammu
          Is she wearing the black vest and leather pants, too?
        • Katai wrote:
          She's back to wearing the Mohawk, though. After Avengers vs X-men, she was so pissed at Cyclops (on top of having her marriage with Black Panther annulled), she joined Wolverine at the Jean Grey Institute. She wanted a new start, so she had her hair cut (with the help of Wolverine) and started teaching at the school.

She's currently the leader of the X-Men, alongside other prominent women like Rachel Grey, Psylock, Rogue, and Jubilee.

Ohhh snaaaaap, that just rubs salt in the wound with regards to Scott. "Remember that time I beat your **** sideways, without powers? No? Does this haircut help remind you?" That's just awesome.
        • Mawtful
          Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
          I said in GD that if we get Mohawk Storm before Cyclops, it'll really go to show who's the real leader of the X-Men.
        • Wolverine cut her hair?

We do what we can in the modern economy.
        • The last thing this game needs is more copies of existing heroes, and cheap ones at that lol. I thought that with rags neutered and wolverine declawed that they weren't going to create more annoying characters. 3* storm....um no thanks! Might as well make a 3* bullseye while you're at it?
        • qtquazar wrote:
          Wolverine cut her hair?

We do what we can in the modern economy.

d12f95b2303f24d5c5ccd6e8be5b3fcc_EdwardScissorhandsVSWolverine.jpeg

fitting