Comments

• spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    *cough*fox*cough*
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The Fox thing is supposedly easing up, so there's a slim chance we'll see a Fox character at some point in the future. That being said, the timing is right for a 5* to release around the time of The Defenders coming out, so I could see them tying into that, except I'm not sure about them doing a 5* Daredevil (I do agree that if we get Jessica, and we should, she'll be a 4*). For the Inhumans premiere, I'm expecting a Growth Industry type event with Medusa and Black Bolt, and maybe a new 4* (Lockjaw?).
  • BlackIC
    BlackIC Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    I would want Valkyrie, but I am betting it will be Thor
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Other
    Moon Girl (a variant of Devil Dinosaur as a 5*, and another of her alone as a 3*)
    Nick Fury (Classic)
    Karnak (Modern)
    Doctor Doom (Battleworld)
    Mar-Vell (Classic)
    Hank Pym (Giant Man)
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    broll said:
    I definitely think a 5* Thor will be in the next 2, but probably won't be next.  Not sure who will be next, but I'm not holding my breath on it being a member of the X-Men despite the last poll (I assume they already had then next 5* started before that poll).
    Next 5* should come out middle of August, the following 5* 1.5 months later (end of September). That's still a full month before the release of Thor: Ragnarok.

Most likely, Thor will replace Peter Parker.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Other
    Maybe it is time for a new Moonstone variant?
  • ECOcrush
    ECOcrush Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    5* FOGGY NELSON!
  • Berserk_Al
    Options
    Other
    Now that we have movie Peter and 616 Peter in the same star level, I guess we can get Unworthy Thor, Old King Thor and  movie Thor all as 5stars.
    As 5-star Hulk is based off movie hulk (but doesn't look like Mark Ruffalo, yet kind of looks like the Banner from the Thor Ragnarok movie prequel comic), we can have a 5star Hulk based on 616 Hulk (I vote Worldbreaker) and some other alternate, like Maestro.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Other
    Hopefully Odin ( super dad) or female Loki.
    Then Thor from the upcoming movie.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Civil War/ Avengers MIC (Ant-man, Scarlet Witch, Vision, etc)
    The next 5* should be Thor of Raganork. and if we are fortunate, maybe another 5* Hulk, in the form of gladiator hulk, who will be all smashing (unlike the tame 5* bruce banner).
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Civil War/ Avengers MIC (Ant-man, Scarlet Witch, Vision, etc)

I cant take credit for it, a buddy of mine informed me that this is infact a legitimate Marvel property, he fought along spiderman in earth 616 ?   against doc ock in some capacity...  

Baymax (big hero 6)

Big Hero 6 is indeed a Marvel property that Disney acquired with the rest of the company, and the comics were in the Marvel main universe. The comic characters though don't really look anything like they do in the recent movie apart from kinda sharing the same names.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Other
    It will be an inhuman character, lock jaw would be awesome.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    spectator said:
    *cough*fox*cough*
    You do realize the "Fox thing" was in full swing way back when we got OML, Teen Jean, Iceman, 4Cyke, and Phoenix all virtually back to back, right?

If Fox were REALLY an issue, we wouldn't have gotten the last dozen X-Men that have been added to the game.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Other
    shardwick said:
    ZootSax said:
    mpqr7 said:
    If they're going to do something for The Defenders, hopefully it's Jessica Jones, because she's the best!!

The timing does fit for a 3*/5* Jessica Jones release given when the Defenders comes out.  Of course, the last 3*/5* was Hawkeye, so I've given up even trying to guess anymore...
    Actually it was Star Lord because I remember being ticked that he was skipped in ddq.

...wow, I completely forgot about Star Lord.  I even kind of like the 3* one. Whoops. 

Because it's a totally stupid thought that no one else has mentioned, yet, maybe they could do a 3*/5* release of Aunt May before the anniversary.  The 5* could be the classic version (as seen in Howard's PVE) and the 3* could be the MCU version.  They could have a rerun of the Sinister Six as the release event and then have the Howard PVE with Howard & Aunt May being two of the required characters.  Sure it's unlikely, but what else are they going to fill the 5* gap with before Thor: Ragnarok is released? :)

• Berserk_Al
    Options
    Other
    Another possibility is one of the Runaways. A teaser trailer just came out, and Cloak and Dagger appeared along the time of the C&D trailer.
    The most popular among them are Molly Hayes and Nico Minoru. Molly is a mutant and some people see low chances of more mutants added, so Nico would be more probable.
  • KinDM
    KinDM Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    With all the form changing abilities out there, a 5* Loki that can flip from movie-esque Agent of Asgard, kid Loki, and his female form would be pretty entertaining. Especially random, so he's tricking everyone. Oh! Or steal a trick from a Pokemon and have him appear in the mission/match select screen as a different character on your roster until the match starts. Oh look, a nice easy matchPOOF IT'S LOKI!!!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For the Thor movie release I'd love to see Hela. As a villain she's on par with any cosmic baddie in the Marvel U, plus Cate Blanchett in that dark eye make-up catching Mjolnir in her palm like it was nothing gives me strangely funny feelings.

But Thor or Loki is the safe bet. Thor needs more than his two lazy versions who are both hopelessly out of date in today's fast-AP passives-rule meta, and Loki deserves more than his situational (at best) 3-star version.

Hulk is featured prominently in the movie, too. Maybe we'll luck out and get a version of the big green guy that doesn't completely suck, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    We all know we def will get a 5* Thor that is a given to round out 5* core Avenger members. In all honesty the next few releases will prolly focus around Shield Agents, GOTG with Blue-Ray release, Defenders and Inhumans. Since the game has shifted too MCU and TV type characters and less on the comics from when the game started, next characters will prolly be a few variants, and then some kind of Inhumans since we tech only have 4 in game right now.
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Stilt-Man!
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    KinDM said:
    With all the form changing abilities out there, a 5* Loki that can flip from movie-esque Agent of Asgard, kid Loki, and his female form would be pretty entertaining. Especially random, so he's tricking everyone. Oh! Or steal a trick from a Pokemon and have him appear in the mission/match select screen as a different character on your roster until the match starts. Oh look, a nice easy matchPOOF IT'S LOKI!!!
    I don't actually want to hit the 'like' button here cause I don't want this to happen in the slightest. . . that being said, it's a genius idea.