Do you like PvE slices

2»

Comments

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    Absolutely not.  This makes the game stressful and not fun.  Games are supposed to be fun.  What is fun about trying to clear 4 times quickly and then not playing AT ALL and then trying to clear before the clock ends?  That is stupid, not fun.

Games should be played.  Not avoided.

It's a testament to our love for Marvel and for Match-3 games that we even play this.  They are popular despite everything D3 does to make it unpopular. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, they work for my schedule
    I LIVE in EDT (GMT-4), but I work in BST (GMT+1), so I get off at noon my time. 
    I'm just curious how that works for you, if I'm remembering my time zone geography right, isn't there an ocean between those zones?? Do you work from home? I feel like that should make it easier to have most slices work for you. Again just curious, not trying to suggest you're doing something wrong.

To my vote, I live in US eastern time zone and choose the 11 pm slice. Sometimes I fall asleep during my initial clear, but usually I'm awake until 1 AM anyway so it works great for me.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Yes, they may not be ideal for me, but those ideas are even worse
    I'm open to change, but it generally works for me.  I am on Central US so s4 is 10pm.  It does mean if I ever have evening plans I can't play optimally and can't get t10, but I rarely do that anyway.

Adding 3 more slices might be too much, but 1 more probably wouldn't hurt.

Another option would be to have rotating times, so ir changes by an hour each event.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Yes, they may not be ideal for me, but those ideas are even worse
    Any of the ideas involving adding more slices have one big potential downside: Further delaying CL9 and 10 because there aren't enough high level players to fill the slices. (Not that I 100% agree with that, but it is the devs' stated reason.)

I could go for doing away with point refreshing to make it more truly "play when you want" but I didn't vote for that because I'm not sure I like your tiebreaker solution.  Some variation on that our making pve progression only could be an improvement, though.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    No, I'd prefer more slices being added
    Pants1000 said:
    I'm open to change, but it generally works for me.  I am on Central US so s4 is 10pm.  It does mean if I ever have evening plans I can't play optimally and can't get t10, but I rarely do that anyway.

Adding 3 more slices might be too much, but 1 more probably wouldn't hurt.

Another option would be to have rotating times, so ir changes by an hour each event.
    I really like that idea as it would allow enough rotation that pretty much everybody would end up with points where it wasn't optimal for them and points where it was. Not even just time zones either - people whose schedules just wouldn't work for them due to changing responsibilities between weeks, or even with one more slice still wouldn't have an optimal end time, etc.

I suspect that we'd end up with some posts about how it was someone's best week for their characters based on buffs but the times didn't work for them that run, but it's a game - nobody says the setup is always going to be favorable. If there wasn't something to struggle with, the highs would be that much less high, and the game would be that much less enjoyable for me and I suspect most of Addicts 'R Us around here.
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    I live in Hawaii. PvE slice 3 and 4 work for me. I still have time to surf. 
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    No, I'd prefer one big pool and individual end times

The removed rubberbanding a while ago, without it theres no reason your bracket needs to consist of people playing at the same time you are.

I'd be fine if they moved all the placement rewards into the progression structure, however they would need to go beyond the current maximum to justify some of the top tier placement rewards

(it would basically be a moot point in my opinion because I think to get some of the best placement rewards in a progression scheme would still require great timing and scheduled play to score high enough)

• BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Milk Jugz said:
    I LIVE in EDT (GMT-4), but I work in BST (GMT+1), so I get off at noon my time. 
    I'm just curious how that works for you, if I'm remembering my time zone geography right, isn't there an ocean between those zones?? Do you work from home? I feel like that should make it easier to have most slices work for you. Again just curious, not trying to suggest you're doing something wrong.

To my vote, I live in US eastern time zone and choose the 11 pm slice. Sometimes I fall asleep during my initial clear, but usually I'm awake until 1 AM anyway so it works great for me.
    I work for a British company in Canada.  It's remote access IT stuff, so I start work at 3 AM. I work from home most days (so, I can play while working too, but not always), except Thursdays (which is why I hate that PVE always ending on Thursdays, because I could really use the extra time.

I used to do the 7 AM slice but I found I would be forced to play while at work and sometimes, you just get really busy, even at three in the morning.  For the five oclock slice, it's a bit close to bed time, which is around 7 and I don't find it great to be stimulated that close to bed when you are on a weird schedule. And I am sleeping for the 23:00 and 02:00 slices.

The PVP slice that works best for me is the one at 3 in the afternoon (I think it's slice 5).

So yeah, while it's not really ideal for me.  So many other people have it way worse.  I can't really complain.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    No, I'd prefer non-competitive PvE
    My answer would be a lot different if this were a year ago, or even 6 months ago, but as it stands I very rarely actually need t10 in an event anymore. The only 4-stars I don't have fully covered are Eddie Brock & Spider Gwen (who aren't priorities), and the new people starting at R&G. The new people get fully covered most of the time before they come around in placement again, and vaulted people are rarely made the PVE reward at all anymore. On the occasions I do care about placement though, slices have done nothing but made me schedule other aspects of my life as well, to my annoyance. 

S1 - 6 a.m. CST: This is a couple of hours before work, which has unfortunately become ideal, even though it means getting up at 4 a.m. every day. However I get my grind/clears done, and have the rest of my day to not even think about MPQ. Only downside is that it's very hard to get up and/or stay up at that time if I partied too hard (read: stayed up too far past my bedtime) the night before. 

S2 - Noon CST: During work

S3 - 4 p.m. CST: This is about when I'm leaving work, but it still isn't ideal. I would still need to be grinding my last 2 hours of work. I also don't leave work at the exact same time every day, in addition to the commute not being very MPQ friendly. 

S4 - 10 p.m. CST: Although it's ideal time-wise, its the furthest thing from it when it comes to wanting to have a social life of any kind. Even moreso if I had a wife/kids. These are my precious free hours away from the work grind, I don't want to spend them grinding in MPQ. Also because this is when a nice chunk of people are off work, the scores tend to get VERY competitive. 

S5 - 1 a.m. CST: Also ideal time-wise, and much less of a strain on my ability to hang out with friends or whoever. I get to do whatever I want after work, and only have to grind/do clears as I'm heading off to bed. However that became a perpetual problem, falling asleep during my grind, and thus oversleeping the ideal clearing hours. This slice was my home for the longest, but after the constant snoozing I got tired of letting my alliance down. I discovered it was much easier to WAKE UP and play MPQ, than it was to STAY UP and play MPQ. S1 it is!
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    It amazes me beyond belief that people actually schedule their lives and work around this game. Most events I play when I can and long ago accepted that this is generally not good enough to compete with those who allow this game to take priority over other things in their lives... and for what? Digital currency?

Until they do away with times and clears and cooldown's and all that nonsense, PVE will be a relaxing thing I do in my spare time.
  • FokaiHI
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    It amazes me beyond belief that people actually schedule their lives and work around this game. Most events I play when I can and long ago accepted that this is generally not good enough to compete with those who allow this game to take priority over other things in their lives... and for what? Digital currency?

Until they do away with times and clears and cooldown's and all that nonsense, PVE will be a relaxing thing I do in my spare time.
    Isn't your roster filled with 5*s? Don't most players in the 5*tier just do PvP. I'm only asking because I would prefer to just do PvP because the grind is way shorter, but at this time PvE is more beneficial. 

On that note, if placement isn't a priority, I don't think it really matters as long as you hit your clears in any slice. 
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    FokaiHI said:
    Sm0keyJ0e said:

Isn't your roster filled with 5*s? Don't most players in the 5*tier just do PvP. I'm only asking because I would prefer to just do PvP because the grind is way shorter, but at this time PvE is more beneficial. 

On that note, if placement isn't a priority, I don't think it really matters as long as you hit your clears in any slice. 
    I pulled a 5* Doc Ock recently. My Silver Surfer has 5 blue covers, bot only one red and two black. I like to play all events, not just PVP. But I play it the same way as PVE--when I can.
  • FokaiHI
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    FokaiHI said:
    Sm0keyJ0e said:

I pulled a 5* Doc Ock recently. My Silver Surfer has 5 blue covers, bot only one red and two black. I like to play all events, not just PVP. But I play it the same way as PVE--when I can.
    Thanks for keeping it cordial.