4* DDQ: War Machine vs Thano5

BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Urgh. Tried my lv140 3/3/2 Rhodey with +40% all damage, +2 all AP, +50% crit

Board started out with a match-5, and I managed to wear Thano5 down with several Gatling Guns. He managed away my Aerial Assault tile before it could resolve. I did manage to get off two Heat Signature Detections, but Thano5' purple helped wear WM down, and with just 54 health left he downed Rhodes with a black match-3. Gahhhh

Gonna try and get the Red cover that's in my vault, as well as the Blue cover from Quicksilver (he's at lv221)

Comments

• ValekBoss
    ValekBoss Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    3rd time with my lvl 120 5-3-5 WM, attack tiles wore him down and couple of heat signators and gattling guns did the rest.

Got a champ level for Captain Marvel (lvl319 now).
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    No luck so far out of 6 tries with my 4/1/3 L145 (or lower).  Came within 500 points twice just need to keep hoping for a good board / boosting level some.
  • TheLadder77
    TheLadder77 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2017
    Did it first try with Lv111 4/0/2 WM. Used match damage boosts and won with about 300 health left. Lucky as anything, including a final miracle cascade to see off his last ~1500 health.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    This was a tough one. Took four attempts having to level up my 2/5/2 WM from 114 to 140 along the way. Blue boost, All AP boost, and match damage used every time.

Having to match away purple was the worst part of the fight cause I'd often have a red or blue that I could go for instead, but letting Thanos cast infinite power is a death sentence. 

He cast it my winning round and I was down to 362 health when I hit a match 5 red to KO him. Pure luck, but I'll take it.

Champ level medusa.
  • consumedfire
    consumedfire Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Beat it first try. Another LT to hoard.

The key is denying his purple so WM can use his green and red. HIs green can generally be matched away if he puts out that countdown tile. WM's attack tiles really do some major damage. It also helps that Thano5's court death has no effect 1v1.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    4/1/3 L153 Got it on the 12th or so try.  

Boosts used were +2 red/yellow, +2 black/green, +50% dmg purple/blue.

Deny purple, pop red & green together, hit blue as it came up.  Barely made it had like 350 HP left.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Level 188 5/0/4.  Tried twice without boosts and lost.

Was not into it, so did R/Y 50%, G/B 50% and all 100% and won.

Won Gamora, which would have been nice to champion, but somehow I managed to delete my entire queue. :(
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    My WM is too low at 127 4/0/0. tried 4 times. Thano5 makes one 4 combo and im down 1.5k. Annoying but I know when im defeating, not wasting my time on it anymore.
  • twobites
    twobites Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Beat it on my sixth try (Level 130 5/3/5, +80% All Dam, +2 All AP, +100% Critical Dam). Pulled a 14th Rocket&Groot cover, already planned as my next 4* champ.

I denied purple as best as I could during all attempts, but I kept getting killed by unmatchable green countdown tiles and cascades from hades. On my last attempt, he still fired off his purple once, but I survived through it and was able to fire off Green and Red enough times to take him out.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Beat him first try with my 2/5/5 Level 250. Was able to fire each power once and red twice for some attack tiles. He fired purple once, but I matched it away right away. He also fired his green, but I finished him off before it resolved. Had about 8900 health left. Token to the hoard. 

On a side note, I thought Thanos was an interesting pick. I was thinking it might be against a character that could go invisible, considering Rhodey's blue power. But I suppose Thanos purple can counter his red and green, so I guess it makes sense. 
  • DCUDCU
    DCUDCU Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    4/1/0 War Machine, Level 70. Tried once for fun, don't see it ever working. Gotta save my iso for non-vaulted 4*.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm max covered around level 200. Wasn't too hard after using a red and green in succession to get attack tiles. Especially since the one use of Thanos purple was matchable in the first turn.

LT = Mordo Blue (champion level)
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Won first try unboosted with a champed WM, but I had a fairly unfriendly board (plus his green CD landed in the corner) and I didn't end up with much health. His match damage is potent, so this will be a hard one to win at very low levels.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Had to go 3 times with my lv 209 4/3/3 WM.  First 2 tries, the board was flush with purple so he could quickly place Infite Power CD tiles and pummel me to death.  3rd try boosted all colors and had favorable board so beat him with a few thousand health left.  LT gave me C4rol bringing her to lv 286.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not even close so far with my 5/3/3 level 212 war machine. I haven't managed to get him below 10k+ yet! Three bad boards in a row, with purple and green falling like rain. It also didn't help that even though my level 5 red countdown managed to last until it resolved, I got a grand total of *one* attack tile, which was promptly matched away the next turn by Thanos. I wish that his red was a passive (without the damage part) that generated attack tiles similar to the Ultron Sentries. This fight is making me grumpy, so I am going to put it away for tonight, play some Mass Effect: Andromeda, and give it another go tomorrow. 
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Had one try with my 3/0/0 WM - was able to match away Thanos purple and green countdowns, but he just whittled away my health via match damage. I think I only got him down to about 10,000 health so not even close, as you would expect.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    my boy is 2/1/1 so this is a no-go
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    War Machine vs. Thanos? Too soon...
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    They should have used 3 star thanos for extra feels.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Think i'm gonna skip this one. 5/4/2 lvl 70 and no iso to spare, mainly cause of Boss+DPvs. Maybe bring to 120...