On a lighter note....

FokaiHI
FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
What did the community like about this event?

I thought Carnage was awesome. I kept thinking,"when is it going to be my turn."

I definitely enjoyed this event. 

Comments

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I'm enjoying taking my newly champed C&D out for a spin. Their black is particularly useful against Sandman.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    I feel like you could learn to decipher hieroglyphics in the time it takes Carnage to finish his turn.

Also **** Doctor Octopus. That's all I'll say.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    I liked that it was easy, fun, and  not the usual grinding gruelfest. Unlike most boss events where I'm just ready for it to end, this left me wanting more.
  • FokaiHI
    I just felt the change in Carnage's mechanics were interesting. I felt the devs did a pretty good job. The second day scaling wasn't outrageous. Seeing Sandman go crazy with yellow and the Vulture's stinky feet. All in all I thought it worked. 
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    I liked that we finished before the node scaling changed.  This is the first time I've been in an alliance that was capable of finishing in under 24 hours.  The side nodes should be easy, and the bosses should be tough.
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor

Carnage - Played very well, much like I imagined Carnage should play...  he was pretty straightforward, soak damage and deal damage

Venom - Played very well, I liked his mechanics quite a bit, it ensured he would go invis, jump out whack you and set up enough webs to eventually insta kill someone.  Suffered if behind doc ock or 3rd as your AP pool could trivialize a neat mechanic.

Green Goblin - Played very well, His interactions with goons was great, very straightforward well tweaked.

Sandman - Played alright, they set up an interesting mechanic with damage reduction and yellow match-5s but the match 5's didn't do enough damage and the damage reduction didn't reduce enough for me to treat it as anything other than a straight fight using damage to overwhelm him...  Possibly tweak with huge damage reduction being removed on the players first yellow match 5 or something like that ?

Vulture - Played poorly (for me), he never went into the air, and most of the time he just sat there, looking at my team, taking damage.  I'd love to see him fly more and be able to somehow harass my team when hes airborne... the mechanic used with Venom assured he would go invis, something needs to ensure Vulture goes into the air more frequently/faster.

Doc Ock - Played poorly (for me) He was an AP pit stop...  targeted tile destruction circumvents his cool mechanics, and he could be forced to build another reactor with 20 turns before going off... assuring that any bosses after him become trivial.

Overall I liked the event, points went up too fast and I think the free unlock at the beginning of rounds is what allowed some alliances to fly through and finish in the second and third windows.

• FokaiHI
    That was well said. We are in the second day and need another clear to finish. That being said, Vulture can be nasty boosted if that is how he will play. I think he hit me for 13k in damage. 
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    FokaiHI said:
    That was well said. We are in the second day and need another clear to finish. That being said, Vulture can be nasty boosted if that is how he will play. I think he hit me for 13k in damage. 

Yes, I got nailed with vulture's green, that woke me up and I decided to respect him a bit more. 

I might have been overly harsh, I'm ok with difficulty not going up or infact going down to counter some of the changes, I just think they have some good mechanics in Sandman and Ock that can easily be circumvented.  I am actually not a big fan of boss Vulture as he stands now, I'd like some more character in there somehow.

All and all fun event to be sure.

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Carnage was frantic. I think we're good for Spidey characters for now, but I'd be down for a playable equivalent to the boss at some point. Or hell, even another Boss event that's JUST Carnage going on a rampage or something.

It's been nice having different bosses that require different types of strategy (keeping Galactus countdowns in check, racing Thanos for the stones, slowing down Ultron's bombs, beating back Tony's drones, or wrestling with Cap's extra Avengers, even hunting down a specific tile type with Kaecilius), and Carnage definitely felt like a shakeup from that, with heavy board manipulation forcing you to react as the board changes instead of planning things out.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, Doc Ock seemed like he was designed for the sole purpose of reinforcing the impression most people have of his playable version.
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Anon said:
    I feel like you could learn to decipher hieroglyphics in the time it takes Carnage to finish his turn.

Also tinykitty Doctor Octopus. That's all I'll say.
    I wholeheartedly concur!  Made me cuss to make a sailor blush.  Stupid tinykitty.

That said, loved the event.  
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. I'm glad that you're enjoying the latest boss event! I just wanted to leave a friendly reminder that this thread HERE was already created to discuss what players thought about The Sinister Six event. (Or more colloquially recognized as Boss Rush 2)

Feel free to check it out and add your opinions as well!