4* DDQ: Riri vs Hulkbuster

Options
2»

Comments

• BiffQJ
    BiffQJ Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Took me a few tries, but finally won my first CoT! Lvl 168 2/3/3 Riri with boosted ap (redx2, greenx2, allx2). I got VERY lucky, but I'll take it!
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1st try.
    Level  111
    5/4/2
    +2R/Y, +2G/B, +2B/P

Got off Red early on, sat on enough Blue till Hbuster got off his Blue (surprisingly did nothing besides lock the tiles in the center.) Sat on my Green till Hbuster got enough AP for both Black & Red. Honesty thought I was going to use it to dodge the Red hit, but he held off on using it?

Lucky for me when I landed, he left me a beautifully lined up match 5 which gave me enough AP to fire Red a 2nd time, just barely leaving him with a little over 100 health left. A single match and the Red Menace had been beaten.  Awesome Mix Volume 2 Star Lord Yellow for my work.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I finally managed with my level 152 1/3/3 Riri using a bunch of boosts.

Am I misreading the description of her blue power?  At one cover, it says it attracts two special tiles to the centre of the screen, but it only ever seemed to attract one of IM's protect or strike tiles.

The LT gave me a green Captain Marvel, which is useful: if my alliance finishes a few more rounds in Sinister Six, I'll have her fully covered.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had a lot of trouble pulling Red, which meant I ate two Repulsor Punches. Clearly Hulkbuster was scaled down on ability levels. Two greens and matching got the win, though.

LT became a 5* Star-Lord Yellow.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Blade, Agent Venom, Medusa & Capt Marvel all need to leave the pool before Riri will
  • throughsilver
    throughsilver Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I was pleased with Riri, after months of claiming that she was rubbish. I tried at level 70 (5/3/5), but got smashed. However, I upped her to that magic level 140 and she won on her next try! 

Surprised at how effective she is.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Lv 250 5/5/2 Riri had no trouble at all.  IMHB never got an ability off and a single red followed by a green finished him off.  The token gave me a yellow R&G making them 3/1/3.
  • oldtimes
    oldtimes Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Only 5 covers for my Riri. Lost a few days ago and forgot all about it.
    Clicked on it this morning on a lark thinking "If I get really lucky, I can do this."

I got really lucky. 2 or 3 match 5s on my first move. An unbelievable cascade, and never hit with the repulsor punch.

Won another Gamora cover for my lucky effort. That works for me, since those are piling up quickly, and I can't complain about a match I was really lucky to win.
  • Haldern
    Haldern Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thanks to the boss event and dpvmpq, I'm in an iso crunch to get g4mora champed before two covers expire. This meant I was unable to pump any iso into my 4/5/1 lvl 70 riri. Well, it took all week, but I finally brought hb to his knees. Used +2 r/y, +2 all, +100% all on that final attempt, got some lucky cascades which lead into enough red for two punches to his smug face. 

Token to the hoard. 
  • Twl7569
    Twl7569 Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    553. Level 70 before the week, level 169 today. A bunch of boosts for fun, really, just the one red to finish him. 
    Another LT for the hoard. 
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I gave up, couldn't do it
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I gave up, couldn't do it
    Build and level?  Just for context.  Not saying you should have tried harder (I've been there before), but it gives players with similar builds an idea of a difficult if not impossible task.

Flip side, occasionally (and it's really up to the whim of who might read your post and also have a similar build) someone might surprise you with a tip or something to help you out or inspire you.

I've honestly lost count how many Crashes I thought were a lost cause after multiple attempts only to read someone on here doing it at a similar or even lower level / build.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My level 160 5/4/4 Riri did this with about 5th attempt. Tough battle, but I refused to level her up and finally won.