4* DDQ: Riri vs Hulkbuster

Options
BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Levelled my 3/5/5 Riri from 70 to 140, got him first time with +2 R/Y AP, +2 all AP, 40% all damage. Although i think i could have done it without the boosts. Helps that Buster is lv200

The top priority is obviously Red, followed by Black, Blue and Green. Try to save Selfless Intervention for when you want to set up a Red or Green match for yourself, or set up a match-5

Used two Selfless Interventions, before downing Buster with a Remote Control Punchhhh. Buster never got a single skill off

LT got me Hawkeye Blue to put him at 1/1/0. My second 5* in a row, after the Spidey token got me Pete's Blue

Comments

• Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    272 Riri, 3/5/5. No boosts. Won easily. Hardly took any damage. 
  • Dataspectre
    Dataspectre Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It's a pretty quick and easy crash for Riri L145 4/3/5 no boosts

At start got a green flavor board, Selfless Intervention at him once, he managed to use Overdrive in a few turns.

Collected some blue/green to use Magnetic Repulsors, Selfless Intervention the second time, able to collected a row of reds and then end him with Remote Control Gauntlets.

Pull'd a Coulson from that win.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    well my Riri is way too weak to do this but I just wanted to ask, is Riri's blue maybe the most worthless power in the game or what?
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,286 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    first attempt with a 3/5/5 L70 Riri was dramatically unsuccessful.  Will add some ISO and try again later...
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's certainly not the most useful, but it's not worthless. It's incredibly handy against Daken or 3* Blade, who not only spawn strike tiles on one colour, but also do it on red. Riri's red is fantastic, and anything that can feed it can't be worthless.

~~~

My Riri is lvl 288, so I'm hoping for an easy LT when I get to it.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I had no problems with my level 285 Riri (3/5/5). Since the board hasn't any red tiles, I've used 2x Selfless Interventions to beat Hulkbuster.

LT is number 154 of my legendary hoard.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Won first go with my 1/3/5 riri lvl 192. No boosts, but I was on 162 health when I shot a rocket glove in his face.

LT was a medusa red which brings her to 2/3/5, so I am happy with that!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Few issues for my 3/5/5 Level 280 Riri. Started with two match 5's and fired Selfless Intervention. He managed to fire Hulk Proof, but that just helped me get to Remote Control Gauntlets quicker. Had 8721 health left. Token to the hoard. 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    283 riri at 3/5/5. Focused on red and green ended up with another carol.champ level.
  • bonham2
    bonham2 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    5/2/3 level 188 Riri. I've gotten wrecked twice.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was worried going in with a champed Riri, then I saw HB only had 2k more health. He even managed to Repulsor Punch me in the face and I only took 2k damage. I had mine 4/5/4 from when I was playing around with new Brock Venom, so my green didn't kill him when it should. But eventually I fired my gauntlets for the win.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I forgot to respec her from 4/4/5, making it take slightly longer than I should've for my 278 Riri. Green then red did the job.
    LT in the pile until Spidey hits the tokens.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I tried at lv 120 5/5/3 Riri, failed the first time as she was just too squishy.  Possibly could have won at that level but didn't feel like pushing my luck over too many attempts.  Raised her to lv 148 and beat him with the gauntlets and about 1500 health to spare.

LT gave me yellow sandman bringing him to 0/1/5
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Took 4/5/3 RiRi from 70 to 150 and won easily using +2 all, +50% r/y. As stated above, denying red is key (which helps since her gauntlets hit for 8288 with 5 covers at level 150. I got off one of those, then magnetic repulsors actually worked perfectly after an overdrive, selfless intervention finished things off.

LT was a RiRi green, so she's now 4/5/4 and champ eligible (though likely not champ worthy). I saved the Homecoming LT as well, and of course it's a RiRi red, so I guess she might get champed after all...
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4/4/2, 209, second try, no boosts. His red is underpowered here, presumably to give you a fighting chance if he gets his black off. I survived two Repulsor Punches.

Carol green with the token, taking her to 4/3/3. Whoo!
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    5/0/4, took her to lvl 140, 50% boost in all colors, just to see if I could without her main power.  Got it on the fourth try.  Got some really lucky cascades with some crits, downed him with back to back greens.  

LT gave a champ level for Bl4de.
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    5/5/0 Not a problem, even survived a repulsor punch.

Black Gamora cover sends her into distribution hades at 0/5/3 to sit next to my C+D of 6/0/1.

I think I am going to hoard for a while.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Level 102 4/5/4 and I got IMHB to like 900 health. If only I had boosts...

Definitely surprising. I thought Riri sucked. Didn't realize her red hit so hard.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To my surprise I managed this one on my first attempt with my level 166 3/5/3 Riri. I thought I was done for after eating a 13+AP Repulsive Punch, but to my shock she was still standing with about a thousand health left. I got a lucky green and red cascade, and fired both back to back. Red dealt 8200+ damage(!). I followed it up with a green, which did about 1800, and the big tin can took a dirt nap. 

Amusingly, my reward was a Riri green, bringing her up to 3/5/4, and making me contemplate if she's worth 120CP to save the red that's about to wilt away on the vine. 
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Won first attempt with champed Riri. At that level, red = 12k, which ends the fight. Even at lower levels, strategy should be pretty straightforward, just collecting/denying red, since that powers both character's big nukes. Just keep trying until red falls your way. 

Reward was a C4rol champ level. Sweeet.