Fully Covered 5* Spidey (Peter Parker) Already????

Options
2»

Comments

• MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Daiches said:
    Hoarding. Simple answer. A lot of people hoard and have hug accumulated cp. Especially after 2 very poor 5s.
    I understand the premise of hoarding. But if one spends all their resources on a specific 5* store like Spidey, how do they then have enough resources to get the NEXT 5*? And how did they re-hoard BEFORE that to roster and champ the previous dozen 5*s? 

I just read a post that said they dropped 4000 CP and only got 11 Spidey covers and zero 5* bonus hero's. I'm not saying hoarding isn't happening/plausible; I do it myself! I'm just trying to distinguish what is actual hoarding and what might be something else. Because you can't say hoarding is the answer if a roster has 10+ level 550 5*s. That's the opposite of hoarding. Each 5* needs 13 covers, however much iso to then level up and champ, then another 40 (I'm guessing here because I don't know how many champion levels there are for 5*s) covers to reach level 550. So even if you pull a 5* cover for that one specific character EVERY TIME, it comes out to over 1300 CP. That's 13,000 CP for 10 550 5*s. And that's with a 100% 5* pull rate. 

Once again, I know hoarding and buy clubs exist. But I also know there's evil in the world. How else do you explain Firefly getting canceled? 

//Removed Inappropriate Content -Brigby

If one spends their hoard on a specific 5* store like Spidey, they don't have enough resources to get the next 5*, if they're F2P.  Hoarding lets you distribute your pulls differently than just pulling as you get em.  Someone with all the 5*s championed very likely just has an instream of resources sufficient to cover 5*s before they expire out of LTs.  Anyone that's got em at 550 is spending monies that I don't even want to try calculating out.

Hoarding will get you SMPP covered from the spidey specific store, you actually end up spending close to half as much going for the specific store to get that 5* fully covered than you would taking a shot at the 3 latest legends, the only problem is you cant use LTs to pull from a 5* specific store.  Its very reasonable to expect someone to be able to hoard these kinda resources without paying any real money, it just takes a little patience (the CP rolls in pretty quickly if youre doing PvE and PvP)

• cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    halirin said:

Edit: or maybe you just meant you'd need a couple shots before making such a decision. That works too. 
    This.  Definitely.  
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The spending doesn't include the rewards of ISO, CP, and HP obtained by the 85+ 4* covers for a champed roster. 
  • SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hmmmm... SMPP just isn't going to work.   :/

-----stupid mobile format kludge divider-----

Isn't 5pidey the obvious choice? Back in black has an abbreviation already, no? 
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Isn't 5pidey the obvious choice? Back in black has an abbreviation already, no? 
    Hand on head.  You're right!  Should have been obvious.  
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Daiches said:
    Hoarding. Simple answer. A lot of people hoard and have hug accumulated cp. Especially after 2 very poor 5s.
    I understand the premise of hoarding. But if one spends all their resources on a specific 5* store like Spidey, how do they then have enough resources to get the NEXT 5*? And how did they re-hoard BEFORE that to roster and champ the previous dozen 5*s? 

I just read a post that said they dropped 4000 CP and only got 11 Spidey covers and zero 5* bonus hero's. I'm not saying hoarding isn't happening/plausible; I do it myself! I'm just trying to distinguish what is actual hoarding and what might be something else. Because you can't say hoarding is the answer if a roster has 10+ level 550 5*s. That's the opposite of hoarding. Each 5* needs 13 covers, however much iso to then level up and champ, then another 40 (I'm guessing here because I don't know how many champion levels there are for 5*s) covers to reach level 550. So even if you pull a 5* cover for that one specific character EVERY TIME, it comes out to over 1300 CP. That's 13,000 CP for 10 550 5*s. And that's with a 100% 5* pull rate. 

Once again, I know hoarding and buy clubs exist. But I also know there's evil in the world. How else do you explain Firefly getting canceled? 

//Removed Inappropriate Content -Brigby
    You obviously have no clue how much some people spend or how big some hoards are. 

Also 550s take months of daily buyclubs. They are not achieved out of thin air.
  • OneLungDave
    OneLungDave Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    Daiches said:
    You obviously have no clue how much some people spend or how big some hoards are. 

You're right. I OBVIOUSLY have no clue. How stupid of me to even FATHOM that not every single human being is above reproach and participating with only the best intentions.

I mean, why do they even need to mention cheating in their terms of agreement? Clearly NO ONE has ever done it. 

I have never once, in any of my posts, suggested that any single player is cheating. I find it interesting that people are over - zealous buy club defenders; with no belief in any other possibility. 

And you're right, again, nothing is achieved out of thin air. Absolutely nothing. No one can argue that. 
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Totally possible.  Whales with giant CP hoards can hit that 10% store and get it done for around 3,000 CP.  That's "only" about 22 buy club starks, or around $2,200.  

There are several legit players with multiple 550s.  Think about that.  That's 13 covers to champ and another 100 covers to max champ.

Inordinate amounts of money spent on the game is measured in ***nope***  :D 

***Removed reference to another player - Ducky
  • DaBeast911
    DaBeast911 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    My Spidey is 455, PhantomSniper is the name, only hit me for 1750 CP, easily done with 10% pulls in the Spidey store. 

P.S. Don't know if I should even comment, knowing how these mods ban me for every comment I make
  • Daiches
    Options
    Daiches said:

You're right. I OBVIOUSLY have no clue. How stupid of me to even FATHOM that not every single human being is above reproach and participating with only the best intentions.

I mean, why do they even need to mention cheating in their terms of agreement? Clearly NO ONE has ever done it. 

I have never once, in any of my posts, suggested that any single player is cheating. I find it interesting that people are over - zealous buy club defenders; with no belief in any other possibility. 

And you're right, again, nothing is achieved out of thin air. Absolutely nothing. No one can argue that. 
    Dude.. you really should check out my post history on calling out cheaters and take a chill pill.
    I'm among those fighting the most to combat cheating. 
  • DaBeast911
    DaBeast911 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    Daiches said:
    Daiches said:

Dude.. you really should check out my post history on calling out cheaters and take a chill pill.
    I don't always agree with @Daiches but in this instance, he's right..... oh I shouldn't have said that, time for the mods to ban me...again...for nothing...again...

• Daiches
    Options
    Daiches said:
    Daiches said:

I don't always agree with @Daiches but in this instance, he's right..... oh I shouldn't have said that, time for the mods to ban me...again...for nothing...again...

Hodors gonna hodor.
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 271 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Agreed that it's easy to do with a 10% chance. It would be much harder in the latest legends store (5% chance). I haven't bought anything more than VIP (not doing that any longer) and I've been hoarding for a few months due to vaulting and ISO shortage. Currently sitting at 1.5M ISO, 1565 CP, and 47 LT. No purchases necessary. Still waiting on five 4-stars to rotate out. We'll see what happens with any changes, but I'm expecting to unleash the CP hoard sometime in October.

That said, it's only worth doing if you're already in 5-star land. Having one or two championed 5-stars would make your life miserable, though you could probably just keep their level at boosted 4-star levels.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got mine fully covered in 71 pulls. The RNG gods were kind. 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Spidey is 455, PhantomSniper is the name, only hit me for 1750 CP, easily done with 10% pulls in the Spidey store. 
    Nice, well above 10%. A member in my alliance did it in 3000cp and only enough to max cover. 
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Borstock said:
    wow thats impressive!

makes me contemplate using some of my 4k cp i've got saved up
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Daiches said:

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    blargrx said:
    Borstock said:
    wow thats impressive!

makes me contemplate using some of my 4k cp i've got saved up
    Individual results may vary. XD

But I like him. Not sure he meshes well with other 5* characters, if that's a concern. I'm a 4* player. He's A LOT of fun with Miles.