Fully Covered 5* Spidey (Peter Parker) Already????

Options
cpeyton3535
cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
I know there are probably others threads on this sort of thing happening but I couldn't find them.  How in the H E double hockey-sticks does someone have a level 450 3/5/5 Spider Man (Peter Parker) already?  Is it at all feasible w/o cheating?

Comments

• Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Massive amounts of CP to buy the special Legendary token.  Of course it's possible.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Totally possible.  Whales with giant CP hoards can hit that 10% store and get it done for around 3,000 CP.  That's "only" about 22 buy club starks, or around $2,200.  

There are several legit players with multiple 550s.  Think about that.  That's 13 covers to champ and another 100 covers to max champ.

• cpeyton3535
    Options
    Honestly, I guess I just have a hard time wrapping my head around having that much CP.  Ha!

That's years of steady gameplay without spending, no?
  • cpeyton3535
    Options
    Totally possible.  Whales with giant CP hoards can hit that 10% store and get it done for around 3,000 CP.  That's "only" about 22 buy club starks, or around $2,200.  

There are several legit players with multiple 550s.  Think about that.  That's 13 covers to champ and another 100 covers to max champ.

Holy tinykitty.  Guess I never considered having immense wealth to just blow on a mobile game.

Not gonna throw rocks!  Like to think I would have better uses for that cash, but hey.  Maybe I would do the same thing.  After a couple drams of vintage scotch!
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I know there are probably others threads on this sort of thing happening but I couldn't find them.  How in the H E double hockey-sticks does someone have a level 450 3/5/5 Spider Man (Peter Parker) already?  Is it at all feasible w/o cheating?
    So we should assume the player in question has done some good play testing and 3/5/5 is the optimal build, correct?  :D
  • cpeyton3535
    Options
    Beer40 said:
    So we should assume the player in question has done some good play testing and 3/5/5 is the optimal build, correct?  :D
    Very good point!  I'll file that away for 2021 when I finally have my SMPP fully covered as well.

Hmmmm... SMPP just isn't going to work.   :/
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am in the process of hoarding myself. It's simply a matter of saving my LT and CP instead of immediately opening tokens. Then, when the time is right, I'll do a lot of pulls and hopefully end up with at least one championed 5*. I currently have a total of 90 available Latest LT pulls, between LTs and CP. I've been saving up for around 1.5 months so far. I'm sure others can hoard faster than I can, especially those who hit 1200+ every PVP.

I'll see when I get 300+ pulls available, maybe 400+... then wish me luck....... Then, I'll probably go back to opening Classic LTs to (very slowly) backfill my other 5*s, because hoarding is not super fun.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Honestly, I guess I just have a hard time wrapping my head around having that much CP.  Ha!

More like 4-5 months or so, just from progression CP (75/week in PvP, 14/week from DDQ, and about 80-100/week from PvE).  

With CP earned from champion rewards it builds up even faster.
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mpqr7 said:
    I am in the process of hoarding myself. It's simply a matter of saving my LT and CP instead of immediately opening tokens. Then, when the time is right, I'll do a lot of pulls and hopefully end up with at least one championed 5*. I currently have a total of 90 available Latest LT pulls, between LTs and CP. I've been saving up for around 1.5 months so far. I'm sure others can hoard faster than I can, especially those who hit 1200+ every PVP.

I'll see when I get 300+ pulls available, maybe 400+... then wish me luck....... Then, I'll probably go back to opening Classic LTs to (very slowly) backfill my other 5*s, because hoarding is not super fun.
    I thought I would be doing this too, but I think that depends on which 3 5*s you have. I have BP and HE covered, but I need a really good third. I have Thano5 at 11 covers, but he eats health packs like he has an Infinity stone just to waste them. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lots of players have stockpiled cp for a while, especially with the last 2 5* releases generally being weak.  And the LT store is now open, so getting a fully covered spidey is as easy as dropping a few k cp.  

A 550 spidey this quickly would be alarming.  But a 450 seems totally plausible.
  • cpeyton3535
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Lots of players have stockpiled cp for a while, especially with the last 2 5* releases generally being weak.  And the LT store is now open, so getting a fully covered spidey is as easy as dropping a few k cp.  

A 550 spidey this quickly would be alarming.  But a 450 seems totally plausible.
    Just haven't conceived of hoarding this much CP since I'm still trying to fully cover and champ the currently active 4*s (almost there).  It makes sense to move to this strategy for 5*s when the time comes.  Thanks for the shift in perspective!
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have 2k+ CPs hoarded simply because of the iso crunch. I knew if I pulled a 4* I couldn't use, it would just be wasted. It ain't fun, but it does make something like this possible. 
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Options

Holy tinykitty.  Guess I never considered having immense wealth to just blow on a mobile game.

Not gonna throw rocks!  Like to think I would have better uses for that cash, but hey.  Maybe I would do the same thing.  After a couple drams of vintage scotch!
    Isn't a dram of scotch basically one drink? You could probably afford a couple drams now! 

Edit: or maybe you just meant you'd need a couple shots before making such a decision. That works too. 
  • OneLungDave
    OneLungDave Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    cpeyton3535 said: 

More like 4-5 months or so, just from progression CP (75/week in PvP, 14/week from DDQ, and about 80-100/week from PvE).  

With CP earned from champion rewards it builds up even faster.
    I haven't seen any 550 5pideys yet, so I can't speak on the alleged roster it's on. But my spidey senses (sorry, couldn't help myself) still tingle at hearing about maxed 5*s within hours of release. If it's the ONLY maxed 5* on the roster, then the math is easier to digest. But if it's the 15th (like some rosters have) it's highly questionable.

If it's 4-5 months to obtain the requisite CP (and iso for argument sake), and new 5*s are released every other month, then it would take 60-75 months of hoarding to get 15 550 5*s. 

On a side note: I like to look further down those whale rosters. Sure, they have 15 550 5*s, but the 8 fully covered and maxed Bl4de, CM, Coulson, R&G, etc. on TOP of all of those is so much in resources. 

TL;DR: Anything is possible, but the impossible is highly unlikely. 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hoarding. Simple answer. A lot of people hoard and have hug accumulated cp. Especially after 2 very poor 5s.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah what Daiches said. Plus it's so much quicker to cover a new 5 if it's the only one in a pool.
  • OneLungDave
    OneLungDave Posts: 72 Match Maker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Daiches said:
    Hoarding. Simple answer. A lot of people hoard and have hug accumulated cp. Especially after 2 very poor 5s.
    I understand the premise of hoarding. But if one spends all their resources on a specific 5* store like Spidey, how do they then have enough resources to get the NEXT 5*? And how did they re-hoard BEFORE that to roster and champ the previous dozen 5*s? 

I just read a post that said they dropped 4000 CP and only got 11 Spidey covers and zero 5* bonus hero's. I'm not saying hoarding isn't happening/plausible; I do it myself! I'm just trying to distinguish what is actual hoarding and what might be something else. Because you can't say hoarding is the answer if a roster has 10+ level 550 5*s. That's the opposite of hoarding. Each 5* needs 13 covers, however much iso to then level up and champ, then another 40 (I'm guessing here because I don't know how many champion levels there are for 5*s) covers to reach level 550. So even if you pull a 5* cover for that one specific character EVERY TIME, it comes out to over 1300 CP. That's 13,000 CP for 10 550 5*s. And that's with a 100% 5* pull rate. 

Once again, I know hoarding and buy clubs exist. But I also know there's evil in the world. How else do you explain Firefly getting canceled? 

//Removed Inappropriate Content -Brigby
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There's a 550 out there right now, random player in a public alliance, can't speak of the legitimacy of it
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @OneLungDave

Sorry about the bad RNG, but 4000 CP / 25 per = 160 pulls, with 10% 5* rate should net 16 covers if you get the posted percentage.  CS should do cover swaps if it's not the right colors to make 13 out of the 16.  It's totally doable, but RNGsus isn't always kind.