Gameplay speed poll

2»

Comments

• BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Crank it to 11 please!
    Some of them take so damn long, Loki's Purple.... when you're in a rush...ahhhhhh.  Or Moonstone, whatever one that spinning around nonsense is.  

They've created this mess,  where literally every second counts when it comes to placement, so they really should have an opt out button to speed things up a bit.

While we're at it, could we also get a skip-the-damn-story-forever-without-having-to-scroll-through-it-every-time button? How many times do we need to watch Caitlyn Jenner-faced Carol reading Miles Morales for making fun of Fabio-faced Sentry?
  • finlanderboy
    finlanderboy Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Crank it to 11 please!
    I feel I do not really need the animations.  They slow me down too much
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Crank it to 11 please!
    broll said:
    Honestly I think the speed is fine.  The only reason most of us care about speed is how tied everything in this game is to timing and speed.  THAT'S what needs to be fixed IMO.
    Tbh, I care more about wasting time watching pointless animations. Spending 90mins on a clear vs 60-70 minutes is a huge difference. I have other things to do besides MPQ.
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2017
    Crank it to 11 please!
    Oh, and another thing: Once the last enemy falls, just immediately run the Victory banner and award prizes. I don't need to watch the board cascade for another 30 seconds, like my team is just beating the dead bodies of the opponents. Watching a super-long post-match cascade was satisfying to me a long time ago, but now it's just a waste of time.

and why can't I get cascades like that while the enemies are still alive?
  • Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Crank it to 11 please!
    Another thing I forgot about, for those rare instances when you lose a fight, while you are in the process of losing (for example, a big cascade, or the CPU firing off a bunch of powers that you know will eventually kill you) you should really be able to just quit the match, instead of having to watch a bunch of animations while you die a horrible death.
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    I agree that game needs to be faster, but keep in mind if matches last 1 minute instead 5 minutes (current situation), no shield hops could be made.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crank it to 11 please!
    I went with crank it up to 11 as the matches are slow but the PvP argument is not that bad. Still - the passives need to be cut down. Animations as such are part of the games appeal but when they are fired over and over again it becomes a pain. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like it a little faster, but not much
    Play as any Storm character and make a match. It's a lot snappier than other characters. Most you make a match, there's a pause, the damage number shows up and then the blocks break.
    Storm seems to do all that way faster. I seem to recall the game for the longest time was like that with every character.

All I really want is a return to that. Make every character work like Storm does.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Try playing with hawkeye and Coulson, animation and banners galore. Some turns takes minutes to resolve everything 
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Too many post-match screens. 

Reduce them. We don't need 5 screens telling us what we earned.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crank it to 11 please!
    Whew, I thought EoTS was slow.  I forgot how bad Venom Bomb is.