Black Panther (Civil War) Move... Or Be Moved (Red) Is Failing To Fire Against Bonus Damage

Talus9952
Talus9952 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
5* Black Panther's Move or Be Moved ability does not seem to trigger from a Commander's Pistol countdown tile.  It did over 10k damage, and Black Panther did not self stun.

Comments

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey there @Talus9952 were there any Strike tiles present on the board at the time you encountered this issue?
  • Talus9952
    No, there were not.
  • Tombstone
    Hrm... that is indeed strange then. Do you know if this has been a recurring issue with your Black Panther and Commander's Pistol? If not, can you recall the team you were using and the composition of the opposing team? (It's alright if you can't recall)
  • Talus9952
    I was using 5* thanos, 5* black panther, and Medusa.  It's the Medusa essential node in Enemy Of The State.
  • Tombstone
    Thank you for the additional information, I'll pass this on to the team and see if they're able to reproduce the issue with your setup and get a report in.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
     Just what the title indicates... I'm doing the full 25k on a BP with red who isn't stunned, and it doesn't trigger the power. No complaints! 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably another case of base damage and bonus damage not being applied at the same time.

So base damage < threshold.
    One team IM guy < threshold.
    Another IM guy < threshold.
    Another IM guy < threshold.

Probably viewed by the game as 4 individual attacks.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    My bp is level 530.  If bp takes greater than 11412 damage,  he should negate 60% and get stunned.   I just took 12k+ and 18k+ In back to back matches against moonstone red without being stunned or negating damage.  Is this because her red says x base damage plus x damage for every red?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep. Moonstone's red is yet another that the game treats as two separate Attacks.
  • Maceo511
    Maceo511 Posts: 67 Match Maker
    I have a smaller BP and my BP red was not working either
  • Tenaciousdecaf
    Tenaciousdecaf Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Mine is not working either in PVE.
  • Garison
    Garison Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Yep. Moonstone's red is yet another that the game treats as two separate Attacks.
    Assuming this is how it works (I don't like it, but whatever), my Panther threshold is 6500 and the Moonstone I'm facing deals 2000 base damage and 1000 for each red. I took 10k damage with no self-stun or resistance; it would seem like he should resist 60% of the back 8000, right? So "for each red tile" is treated as separate attacks?? Weak...
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't actually know exactly how it splits it up. It is entirely possible that it's actually dividing that one into 9 separate chunks of damage there. All I know for sure is that it definitely splits it into more than one for Powers like that.
  • RogueZeroOne
    RogueZeroOne Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    My BP has been behaving this way for a while.  I though it was part and parcel of the "chunked damage" motif.  I've been filing it away under "Another Reason I Love The Dark Avengers So Much!"
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have my Bp taking a hit from Phx red and IM46 red. 

both deal dmg greater than the threshold 6931, but my BP red was not activated. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    atomzed said:
    I have my Bp taking a hit from Phx red and IM46 red. 

both deal dmg greater than the threshold 6931, but my BP red was not activated. 
    Phoenix : base damage and strike tiles applied after each other.
    Im46 : base damage and damage for all team members applied after each other.

Seriously I'm getting tired of seeing about a million instances of this bug, and not a fix in sight.
    It's all the same underlying bug.
    How hard can it be to fix it.
  • Talus9952
    It's also not working vs Eddie Brock Venom's Lethal Protector.
  • Talus9952
    My black Panther's Move or Be moved ability triggers on 6403 damage.  A level 429 Venom's Lethal Protector does 11426 damage, plus 3447 for each protect tile.  It did not prevent or stun my black panther.
  • Talus9952
    Also not working against Lieutenant's Pistol.  Pretty sure it's the same ability for a different goon.   This is frustrating to have a 5*'s skill not work correctly against so many things.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    I think that the base damage was above the threshold anyway. Also, based on hulk triggers, I think they fixed that bug.