**** are people doing shielding on a 25 day event?

Clintman
Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
I know it has been brought up in the main forum, but I really think this topic deserves it's own thread.

Am I missing something? Should I go buy myself a Stark Salary worth of HP so I can start shielding on Day 24 or a 25 day event?

Quick math here, lets assume you push 1x per day, and spend 300 HP for a 24 hour shield, thats 7500HP... Ok I guess you could pull that off with a 49.99 Asgard Treasure and still have 1K HP left over.

I have not seen this insane shield jumping since the Elite Tournaments where there was an actual valuable prize in a reasonable period of time.

Comments

• You could buy 3 Heroic 10 packs for the HP they're gonna spend shielding it out.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    ku-xlarge.jpg

joker-burning-money-in-tdk.jpg ?
  • I don't know, maybe they go to bed feeling safer knowing they're shielded.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    jozier wrote:
    You could buy 3 Heroic 10 packs for the HP they're gonna spend shielding it out.

And after you open them and get 30X 2* toon, you could sell them back for 7500 ISO and buy yourself 3 levels on your current 3* you are leveling up.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Could just be a couple days worth of shields to get the top progression awards?
  • Frubzy
    Frubzy Posts: 77
    the top 8 in my bracket are shielded , im hovering on 11th , theres no way i could bring myself to shield on a month long event
  • Frubzy wrote:
    the top 8 in my bracket are shielded , im hovering on 11th , theres no way i could bring myself to shield on a month long event

Shield simulator is unbracketed.
  • scottee wrote:
    Could just be a couple days worth of shields to get the top progression awards?

I guess that's possible. I looked at the top 3 and two of them could use a GSBW cover. But one of them has both 5 yellow Spidey and 5 green GSBW so the cover incentive can't be there.
  • There's always people out there that do things simply because they can.
  • Frubzy
    Frubzy Posts: 77
    jozier wrote:
    Frubzy wrote:

Shield simulator is unbracketed.

wow this is gonna get pretty ugly then
  • maybe they think they win nick fury from the event lol
  • It's a public service. By shielding, they're inflating the pool of points we're all passing back and forth and making progression rewards easier to attain.
  • jozier wrote:
    You could buy 3 Heroic 10 packs for the HP they're gonna spend shielding it out.

Or just buy the actual covers that are reward at that level - people shielding probably already own at least one yellow Spidey and/or green GSBW.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    As flawed creatures we humans can just about talk ourselves into anything. A fictional example:

(Day 1) Non-forum Rube #1372: ****, this tournament only lasts 23 more hours. I better shield.

(Day 2) Non-forum Rube #1372: ****, this tournament only lasts 22 more hours. Wait a minute, isn't this the same tournament as yesterday? Oh well, I better shield.

(Day 3) Non-forum Rube #1372: Something's fishy here. Aw, tinykitty! Those aren't hours its counting down, it's days! ****. Well, I've already spent 600 HP in shields. That HP will be wasted if I don't keep shielding. I really want those four heroic ten-packs - they must be worth a fortune!
  • beemand2g wrote:
    maybe they think they win nick fury from the event lol
    Honestly, I really think the 10 packs should be special higher chance of nick fury packs (those won from the event). If they don't want non-purple fury out yet...fine. just make if purple fury. It still would give some meaning top getting good shield scoring.beyond making sure your alliance hits top 100.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    I thought it was all silly people shielding, but then I saw CH up there last night... shielded.

I'm confused now.
  • Came to the forums today looking for this topic, did not disappoint. Moments like this are when I love you, Forums. *single tear drops onto keyboard*

But seriously, I do not get the shielding either. Unless maybe they were like 10 pts away from the final progression award and they or the SO went into labor or something...
  • Maybe people don't realize that the season winners are going to get their names inscribed on the MPQ Champions trophy?
  • Shielding for a progression award doesn't make sense, though, as you'll have another ~1000 pts on your absolute score three days later from the next PvP tournament. D3 is laughing all the way to the bank, I'm sure.
  • ZenBrillig wrote:
    Maybe people don't realize that the season winners are going to get their names inscribed on the MPQ Champions trophy?

th?id=HN.608031446414328385&pid=15.1

Will we go on there using masking tape like with Taco?