Favorite 3* Teams?

Spacepeanut4
Spacepeanut4 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
Recently I have been using SRSS and IM40 as my go to team. I like pairing the two with either Quicksilver or 3* Blade. IM40's yellow feeds Steve's red and blue very nicely. During wave nodes I am able to throw a bunch of shields consecutively. Blade and Quicksilver add to the color coverage. Blade is nice for his strike and attack tiles and Quicksilver for his cheap green that is also supplied by IM40's recharge. 

Occasionally though, I like to switch it up by using Scarlet Witch, Doom and 3* Cyclops. Switch supplies pink for Doom to nuke, while Doom supplies black for Cyclops to nuke. 

What are some of your favorite 3* combinations?

Comments

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    3Cage + 3Fist + Switch is really fun and can get dangerous quickly.  

Loki + Patch + Rocket & Groot is also a lot of fun.  
  • Nazhir
    Nazhir Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Cage, IF, and Magneto is a favorite. But Storm, Hulk, and KK is my go to 3* team
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    It depends how i want to play.

Strike & Boost:

Blade - Patch - Falcon
    Just creating strike tiles and boost them with Falcons yellow.

Speed & Heal:

Hawkguy - Gamora - Kamala Khan

Use hawks cheap blue and gamoras cheap red over and over and let KK heal the team.

Save & Nuke:

IM40 - Scarlet Witch - Black Widow GS

Just collect yellow, purple, (green). Use IM40s yellow to gain AP, SW will get you purple use BWs purple to fule her green then nuke. If BWs green doesnt end the game you still got IM40s blue (or if a single target left red) to finish of.

The non-tile mover:

Dr Strange - Random - Random

Just match blue and purple for some backup stuns and strike/protect/attack tile removal. It really doesent matter. Dr Stranges passive will tear appart every goon/thug whatever anyway.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mystique - Iron Fist - Quicksilver is fun. Mystique's blue makes purple and black, Fist's purple makes more black, Quicksilver's blacksets up match 5s and blue/black/purple matches to keep it going.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I miss the days before they rebalanced the dark avengers scaling...  When 395 ares etc used to do 5* match damage and all we had were unchamped 3*s and 4*s, I would bring on Team Girl Power! 

Carol, She-Hulk, Kamala. Use Carol to tank match4s and attacks, let her generate red and black, She-Hulk smashes, cascades generating more ap, Carol stuns anyone that needs stunning, She-Hulk steals the strikes, all of which caused KK to bounce up and down like a maniac healing fiend, use her purple to  generate green and more board shake and bash. Sometimes I could walk out of these overscaled matches with 100% Fake Health. It was slow but mad fun. 
  • Stockers15
    Stockers15 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    For Goons and waves I find IF, Blade and Strange perfect. Once you have Blade's attack tile added to IF's attack tile powered up with a load of Strikes, you finish waves in no time.

If there's a node with goons plus one or two active characters I slot in Cage instead of Blade. Always with his red at 5 covers. Damage is always negligeable.

Finally for tougher teams and PVP, Cage on Defence, IM40 as battery and either: SWitch, Strange, KK, Cap, Hawkeye, IF and Cyclops depending on my mood!
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like Beast, Deadpool, and Psylocke. Lots of cheap abilities and tile production, with Whales there for a big AOE (or a win-button, if things get really hairy).
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Strange,  falcon and blade for me.   Stun on blue, free strike tiles, boosts on yellow, defensive on purple.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    My own favourite 3* teams:

IM40 + GSBW + Steve Rogers : IM40 to get Steve's shield fest rolling, along with a decent boost to GSBW's AoE attack. Very reliable (although it hurts a lot if the RNG curses you with lack of yellow)

Already mentioned, but very strong: IF + Cage + Switch. Generate a lot of purple, then unleash it in appropriate ways. Before I had Switch, I used to ran Cage + Fist with Falcon though, with Falcon's passive boosting the other's tiles to the max.

Daken + Patch + Thanos : especially useful against teams that contain low HP goons. Ideally Daken and Patch should tank for matches as well. My go-to team for Deadpool's daily Big Enchelada.

Loki + Storm + CMags : 'winfinite light'. Once you accumulate some AP, you can keep the turn for almost forever if played correctly (and the RNG doesn't get in the way too much), Read about this once on the forums (maybe during boss rush event?) and while I don't play it often I still return to it sometimes.
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    For me, (more or less from most favorite to least favorite)

Shulk+IM40+3Cage
    SW+3*Spidey+QS <- Spidey just get buffed which makes this team even better
    Loki+3Cyke+DD
    3Fist+3Gamoa+SQ (Super hard to manage their level, but they are rock!)
    IM40+3Torch+3Groot
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Beast, Cyclops, and Blade is one of the better teams I haven't seen posted yet - with all the strikes, beast green gets pretty nasty. 
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    When I was a 3* player, one of my favorites was Blade/Cage/Falcon. Turn 2 you create a protect tile and 2 strike tiles (hopefully) and start matching yellows to boost them through the roof.  With Falcon's AoE now it should be even better!
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    It isn't an ideal team, but I enjoy IM40+GSBW+She-Hulk. I use IM's yellow to fuel up, then team dmg SH Red, BW Green, IM Blue. Deals A LOT of damage for 3* levels. You also usually get multiple She-Hulk slams in there, so it's pretty fun. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Iron Man + Steve Rogers + Dr Strange works pretty well.  Iron Man is there mainly for AP generation, then use Steve's red and Strange's blue.  One nice thing is that Strange's stun lasts the same number of turns as it takes for the shield to return, so you're ready to throw it again just as the stunned enemy recovers.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Before I started champing 4-stars and recruiting 5-stars, my go-to team for the entire SHIELD Sim season was Ragnarok+Kamala+IM40. Turning tiles blue, charging green tiles, and then transforming blues to green was a fun process that generated lots of cascades and health boosts.
    I could beat teams where each character would be a hundred levels above mine.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I think this is an odd question, because I never intentionally use a full team of 3* anymore.  I use them because they're essentials in PVP, PVE, and DDQ, and a few (IM40, SW, Thanos, Strange) are useful in certain situations, but never a whole team of 3's.

Anyway, back in the day before I had champed 4's, my favorite team was Cage/Cap/BW.  I always loved Cap's red, BW's purple and green, and Cage's black.  They may not be as good as the last few 3's released, but they can still rock DPD if I don't feel like using 4's.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Punisher, Hawkguy, and Falcon.

Lots of fun to be had.
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2017
    The 3* team that hits way above it's weight is im40, cap, kk. Except for some version of hulk bomb this is the ultimate 3* team for hitting above your weight.  And it doesn't require a guaranteed heal after each use. 

Another great team is Blade, Beast, switch. It is great for waves. It covers all colors except red, which in this case is good because the more red that is in the board the more strikes that blade makes. 
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Not particularly fast, but KK/Vision/Quicksilver uses cheap powers and (no pun intended) flexibility for board control.  Rainbow coverage (although Vision yellow is primarily useful to trigger a heal), and if you're lucky, Vision tanks blue but can still trigger Quicksilver's passive to reduce his green and black power costs.  KK purple can both generate green for Quicksilver as well as trigger matches, or drop AOE damage on the enemy team.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Psylocke kamala and hood. As long as hood is lower level than the other 2 he tanks no colors. This team can punch over their weight and are fun to play.