Sim reward are you happy?

2»

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes
    ZeroKarma said:
    Jarvind said:
    I mean, the final sim reward is always a cover for the most recent 4* release. It's fine. I don't know why anybody would be upset by this.
    I'm not upset. I'm saying it could be much better. If standard PVP had these rewards, people wouldn't bother playing.

i do it to pad my season score, but the reward for the effort in Sim is very poor overall. 
    I agree with you, but that's not what this thread is asking.

I would totally like to see an improvement in Shield Sim and Season rewards, they're about the only things that haven't changed in ages, right?

But this thread is about Sandman as a Sim reward, which is honestly something I expected. Like, if they'd suddenly changed it, and we weren't going to get that guaranteed cover of the newest character, I'd actually be disappointed. Things could be better overall, but that wasn't the question, you know?
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Yes
    JHawkInc said:
    ZeroKarma said:
    Jarvind said:
    I mean, the final sim reward is always a cover for the most recent 4* release. It's fine. I don't know why anybody would be upset by this.
    I'm not upset. I'm saying it could be much better. If standard PVP had these rewards, people wouldn't bother playing.

i do it to pad my season score, but the reward for the effort in Sim is very poor overall. 
    I agree with you, but that's not what this thread is asking.

I would totally like to see an improvement in Shield Sim and Season rewards, they're about the only things that haven't changed in ages, right?

But this thread is about Sandman as a Sim reward, which is honestly something I expected. Like, if they'd suddenly changed it, and we weren't going to get that guaranteed cover of the newest character, I'd actually be disappointed. Things could be better overall, but that wasn't the question, you know?

I think its safe to say the OP wont be a stickler for staying on topic...  in quick succession he created a poll to ask which came first, the chicken or the egg, a poll that I still cant really explain, and sparked on an enthralling discussion about...   cereal: to milk, or not to milk.

• snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Yes
    I'd like a 5* as the 2k point prize but under the current structure I wonder how many people would even be able to get it. Imagine the feeding frenzy! They'll have to change the point structure so we don't lose so many points to loses and likely even install benchmarks like not being able to fall below the point value of the last prize your earned. 
  • RedLion
    RedLion Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Yes
    Yes, I guess. That 4* isn't worth that much since vaulting was instituted. The chances of Sandman getting to the vault without hitting 13 covers is pretty much nil. 

Hey...here's an idea: make the 4* at the top of the sim ANY 4* cover of your choosing...I would get pretty excited about that. It's a small change that wouldn't advance rosters too quickly, but would let me address that 5/5/2 character that's sitting in the vault going nowhere. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    RedLion said:
    Yes, I guess. That 4* isn't worth that much since vaulting was instituted. The chances of Sandman getting to the vault without hitting 13 covers is pretty much nil. 

Hey...here's an idea: make the 4* at the top of the sim ANY 4* cover of your choosing...I would get pretty excited about that. It's a small change that wouldn't advance rosters too quickly, but would let me address that 5/5/2 character that's sitting in the vault going nowhere. 
    Why not bonus hero it?  Even with moderate play you should see a 4* bh in a week or 2.

• VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    No
    Vaulting has made slogging to 2k in the sim less enticing for me.  For one, everyone and their mother has the newest top tier characters now, which seemed to extend the tough, health soaking matches from around 1800+ to 1600+ (at least for me).  For another, new character covers, which were once hard to come by are now a dime a dozen.  So it basically ends up being greater effort for a less valuable reward.  

Putting a lower tier character like Sandman as said reward tips me past the point of wanting to put in the effort.  I'll likely just play up to my float point this season, rather than making that final climb to 2k.  I had hoped (but didn't really expect) that R&G might be the reward instead of Sandman.
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    No

Its a very schedule independent reward that you have weeks to get, so I cant see it being much MORE valuable, if that was the thought...

Its a good source for a few 1000 points on the season, typically when I get lazy I don't play it for the rewards, I play it to get the heroic 10 pack earlier than I normally would. 

As far as the reward being specifically a sandman cover...  I'm with the majority I think when I say I'll likely not be using him much, but I look at the reward as a cover for the latest released 4* and am happy with that.

damn, got trolled...  I dunno what hes doing but this was better bait than the other posts hes furiously submitting...
    Why would you think I'm trolling? 
  • RedLion
    RedLion Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Yes
    Phumade said:
    RedLion said:

Why not bonus hero it?  Even with moderate play you should see a 4* bh in a week or 2.

Probably, but I don't bonus hero any 4*s with 5 covers in a single color...there's no reason to let RNG ruin me like that. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    RedLion said:
    Phumade said:
    RedLion said:

Probably, but I don't bonus hero any 4*s with 5 covers in a single color...there's no reason to let RNG ruin me like that. 
    No that is actually the main reason to BH him now especially if your have the ability to immediately champ him.  If he's super low priority and you don't care about the char, then it makes sense not to BH him.

Generally speaking you want 14 covers so you can immediately champ and convert into a LT.  I've rescued a bunch of covers that were dying on the vine because of BH.

The only time you don't BH a 12 cover char is if you don't have the resources to champ them, in which case its actually to your benefit to stall him in the vault.
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    No
    Phumade said:
    RedLion said:
    Phumade said:
    RedLion said:

The only time you don't BH a 12 cover char is if you don't have the resources to champ them, in which case its actually to your benefit to stall him in the vault.
    I don't think u have that problem Omar lol.