Sim reward are you happy?

Darknes21
Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
edited June 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Are you happy with Sandman as Sim reward 

Sim reward are you happy? 82 votes

Yes
57%
ZeiramMRPorkBellyrixmithxKOBALTxMojoWildDartmaster01snlf25leeleeshinesteakleatherneodukeHendrossChipster22ValekBossDaichesNepentherdvargas1BasepuzzlerPessihalirinLLohm 47 votes
No
35%
KolenceWonko33sinnerjflBryan LambertGreg81seshomanotamutantZeroKarmaMagicfrachrmpqr7Stax the FoyerDarknes21pheregasStyle55MeanderDeadsidergregns2[Deleted User]evade420 29 votes
I don't care. I don't play Sim
7%
nonneludonomefooLukoilWarbringaSkadenFrudeebadsaj 6 votes

Comments

• ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    No
    No. At this point it should be a 5*. A single 4* doesn't matter at all, especially when it isn't a vaulted one. 

Congratulations! You  slogged through 2000 points and you get a 500 ISO champ level.

It should be more like a ladder-style gauntlet with valuable rewards and get rid of another grindy PVP style setup that runs parallel with similar repetitive PVP events.
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    It's fine. I wouldn't mind having more 4 star covers or a little CP in there, but overall I'd rather see PVP rewards changed first.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Yes
    My preferred answer wasn't on here. "A single 4* isn't a good enough reward for hitting 2,000 points but I'll still play Sim anyway, for the ISO and XP"
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Yes
    Green was the only cover I didn't get during his release. It's arguably his best power, so glad I'll be able to get it here. 
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    No
    I can't care less for Sandman. Might not push sim to 2k. Depends on the season score i guess. But being at 1500-1700 the extra 300 might not change much (and the pain to get the 300 points might be there).
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes
    This shouldn't be a surprise.  Since vaulting they've always made the new 4* the top Sim reward (except when 2 came out then one get's skipped which is more tinykitty then this).

I don't expect it to change and I'm fine with it.  I'd rather the new reward be here and more vaulted characters featured in PvE & PvP events.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    No
    Its expected, but still disappointing. Since vaulting, the latest character as sim reward has always been disappointing. The C&D reward was yellow (i think) and that got me to 5 yellow faster, and led me to the dupe yellow i have now. Obviously it could have worked the other way, but in general its not exciting to get a cover that I have a decent chance pulling anyways. That has nothing to do with Sandman, but since he is pretty lame I won't go thru my healthpacks like I usually do trying to climb the last 300 in sim.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Yes
    Jarvind said:
    I mean, the final sim reward is always a cover for the most recent 4* release. It's fine. I don't know why anybody would be upset by this.
    You're absolutely right! Furthermore I'm primarily playing Shield Sim to test my newest champions & to have fun and not to get the progression rewards.
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Yes

Its a very schedule independent reward that you have weeks to get, so I cant see it being much MORE valuable, if that was the thought...

Its a good source for a few 1000 points on the season, typically when I get lazy I don't play it for the rewards, I play it to get the heroic 10 pack earlier than I normally would. 

As far as the reward being specifically a sandman cover...  I'm with the majority I think when I say I'll likely not be using him much, but I look at the reward as a cover for the latest released 4* and am happy with that.

• MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Yes

Its a very schedule independent reward that you have weeks to get, so I cant see it being much MORE valuable, if that was the thought...

Its a good source for a few 1000 points on the season, typically when I get lazy I don't play it for the rewards, I play it to get the heroic 10 pack earlier than I normally would. 

As far as the reward being specifically a sandman cover...  I'm with the majority I think when I say I'll likely not be using him much, but I look at the reward as a cover for the latest released 4* and am happy with that.

damn, got trolled...  I dunno what hes doing but this was better bait than the other posts hes furiously submitting...
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Yes
    broll said:
    This shouldn't be a surprise.  Since vaulting they've always made the new 4* the top Sim reward (except when 2 came out then one get's skipped which is more tinykitty then this).
    Yeah... glad to have gotten my G4mora red cover from the Simulator last season since I hadn't gotten one of those yet, but sad there was also no way to get G4ocket's blue cover. I still don't have one of those, either. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes
    DarthDeVo said:
    broll said:
    Yeah... glad to have gotten my G4mora red cover from the Simulator last season since I hadn't gotten one of those yet, but also sad there was also no way to get G4ocket's blue cover. I still don't have one of those, either. 
    It'd be nice if they gave both 4* covers on the months with 2 (or just not have months with 2).
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    No
    I can never hit 2000 in sim since I championed three 5*s. The last few teams from 1700 and up are way too overpowered. It was much easier for me when I was just three 4*s and below.

Whenever I'm struggling and using up healthpacks to get there, and I remember that the reward is just a single 4*, I figure "why bother" and just give up. I like everything up to around 1700, and then at that point, it doesn't matter any more.
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    No
    I would like more ISO or covers. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    No
    I feel like with vaulting, we are going to be swimming in Sandman covers (much like G4mora and R4G.)  

Top prize in Sim should be for a 5* or a vaulted 4* at worst.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    No
    Jarvind said:
    I mean, the final sim reward is always a cover for the most recent 4* release. It's fine. I don't know why anybody would be upset by this.
    I'm not upset. I'm saying it could be much better. If standard PVP had these rewards, people wouldn't bother playing.

i do it to pad my season score, but the reward for the effort in Sim is very poor overall. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    So "I don't care" and "I don't play sim" should be 2 different options. I don't care that it is Sandman green, it's the only color I don't have so I'm not sad, but I'm not happy either. I'll play sim for the points on my season not the cover at the end.

So my answer is- I don't care, but I'll still play
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't care about Sandman, because I don't get to 2K in Sim, but I'm really happy to pick up more Falcon covers, since I use him all the time.
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    I usually get 2k sim, but between sandman being sandman and starting a long term hoard, I won't stress the last 100 points.