Options
2»

Comments

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    broll said:
    fmftint said:
    Can you confirm Spider-Man (Peter Parker) rarity?
    6* with a lazy 4* clone.

:p 
    I heard it was a 5* Bag Man
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Glad the C4rol bug was fixed. 

Also hope that our new Peter Parker would be great. Maybe a real Spider-Sense ability this time ? I mean Spider-Woman has the closest ability to a spider sense than any other Spidey version.

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    astrp3 said:
    veny said:
    Brigby said:

What's Changed:
    • Powers that have a bonus damage component, in addition to their normal damage, are combined when damage is done.
    Do i smell another OML nerf?

So let me get this straight. People on here complain constantly (and justifiably) that the devs introduce too many bugs and are too slow fixing them. They fix one of the more prominent bugs that people have been complaining about for at least five months - and one that  is clearly a bug, since it didn't use to work that way. They acknowledged that it is a bug months ago and let everyone know they were fixing it.

Then they finally (after taking way too long) fix it.

And you twist it into a nerf and a negative. [...]

[Moderator note: While I share your frustration with some negative attitudes on the forum, this rant probably doesn't do much to defuse the tension.  Ending it with "way to go, morons", even though you're actually suggesting some other posters would be making that attack, kind of leans the whole thing in a flame-like direction.  Let's keep it cool and civil.  The "OML nerf" comment may well have been intended as a joke.]
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes, can't wait to get MK, Gwenpool, and Bl4de hitting invisible characters. Especially if they are the last enemy standing (OK Prof. X, you too, no offense on the 'standing' thing.)
  • Mordee
    Mordee Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    Dayv said:
    astrp3 said:
    veny said:
    Brigby said:

What's Changed:
    • Powers that have a bonus damage component, in addition to their normal damage, are combined when damage is done.
    Do i smell another OML nerf?

So let me get this straight. People on here complain constantly (and justifiably) that the devs introduce too many bugs and are too slow fixing them. They fix one of the more prominent bugs that people have been complaining about for at least five months - and one that  is clearly a bug, since it didn't use to work that way. They acknowledged that it is a bug months ago and let everyone know they were fixing it.

Then they finally (after taking way too long) fix it.

And you twist it into a nerf and a negative. [...]

[Moderator note: While I share your frustration with some negative attitudes on the forum, this rant probably doesn't do much to defuse the tension.  Ending it with "way to go, morons", even though you're actually suggesting some other posters would be making that attack, kind of leans the whole thing in a flame-like direction.  Let's keep it cool and civil.  The "OML nerf" comment may well have been intended as a joke.]
    I say let it slide.  I understand why you must say something to astrp3, but veny may have been trolling or "joking" as you said now.  You just given veny an excuse.  If that's the case, maybe there should be a warning/rule for "inciting or instigating" posts.  I find it unjust that astrp3 gets a warning and veny doesn't.  I applaud astrp3 for the words. Too many complainers here complaining about anything.  

Anyway, thanks for all you have done devs and mods.  I, at least, appreciate your efforts. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Updated to Final Release Notes. No Changes From Pre-Release.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Has there always been a little clock graphic next to "time left" for events?  (Upper right corner.). Not a huge change if new, but I didn't recall it.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2017
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Has there always been a little clock graphic next to "time left" for events?  (Upper right corner.). Not a huge change if new, but I didn't recall it.
    There's definitely a been a change there. IIRC, it all used to be in the upper left corner. (the shield icon definitely was)

Though from how the text and the icon overlap, it looks more like a bug than a feature.

Not to mention that it would be sad if that's the stuff the UI guy (or team?) spends their time on. There's an entire sub-forum with Feedback and Suggestions.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Starfury said:
    bluewolf said:

Not to mention that it would be sad if that's the stuff the UI guy (or team?) spends their time on. There's an entire sub-forum with Feedback and Suggestions.
    Yeah, there are better improvements that could be made.  The clock thing kind of baffles me.  Like, it wasn't obvious already?  "Time left" seemed sufficient.  I was never confused by that.  How about redesigning some of the more confusing subs to be linear instead of jumping around?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tested 2* Daken this morning. Chemical Reaction still working in separate components instead of combined action. I am disappoint.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Starfury said:
    bluewolf said:

Yeah, there are better improvements that could be made.  The clock thing kind of baffles me.  Like, it wasn't obvious already?  "Time left" seemed sufficient.  I was never confused by that.  How about redesigning some of the more confusing subs to be linear instead of jumping around?
    Those kind of updates aren't for the average user. They're for the one in a thousand or one in ten thousand that were still confused, even for a moment, so it's an improvement to make things clearer for them. Just because things are fine for you doesn't mean they should stop trying to improve the user experience for everyone else.
  • justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Here are a couple UI changes from R130 that I'm curious about:

Shield button moved from left to right on the PvP screen
    Different font size of points gained from a match in both PvP and PvE
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, the shielding interface moving right under the rewards/placement interface is irritating. And when shielded, the shield still shows on the left side instead of next to the time.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby - why do we have release notes here if they don't mention really relevant things like moving the "shield" button on pvp to the right? In quick pvp hops wer are conditioned to click there. Moving this around is simple trolling of your hardcore players, and it's not even mentioned. Why did your developers even change this, what is their reasoning?
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    supergarv said:
    Why did your developers even change this, what is their reasoning?
    In the past, when they moved something, it was to make space for something else.  I have no idea what that would be at this point, but I would guess they will be using that space for something.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mordee said:
    Dayv said:
    I say let it slide.  I understand why you must say something to astrp3, but veny may have been trolling or "joking" as you said now.  You just given veny an excuse.  If that's the case, maybe there should be a warning/rule for "inciting or instigating" posts.  I find it unjust that astrp3 gets a warning and veny doesn't.  I applaud astrp3 for the words. Too many complainers here complaining about anything.  

Anyway, thanks for all you have done devs and mods.  I, at least, appreciate your efforts. 
    "Let it slide" is basically what I did.  I didn't feel any actual ad hominem attack was made or intended, and I didn't do any kind of official warning.  Just a friendly note in the thread.  Well, it was intended to read as friendly, at least.  I can be a bit clinical.
  • Ayasugi-san
    Ayasugi-san Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3* Daken's Chemical Reaction is still doing damage in two stages. Looks like that bug isn't fixed as stated.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    3* Daken's Chemical Reaction is still doing damage in two stages. Looks like that bug isn't fixed as stated.
    They are aware. Hopefully it gets dealt with next patch. ><