Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited July 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Here are the Release Notes for the R130 update

MPQ 130!
  • Spider-Man Homecoming arrives in MPQ!
  • New Characters - Spider-Man (Peter Parker) and Vulture.
What's Changed:
  • Powers that have a bonus damage component, in addition to their normal damage, are combined when damage is done.
4-Star Characters:
  • Drax (The Destroyer) - The Destroyer
3-Star Characters:
  • Colossus (Classic) - Colossal Punch
  • Daken (Classic) - Chemical Reaction
  • Squirrel Girl (Unbeatable) Nuts from Above
2-Star Characters:
  • Daken (Dark Avengers) - Chemical Reaction
Note: Kingpin's power, Wilson's Gambit, will be addressed at a later point
  • Powers that target random enemies can now target Invisible enemies
  • Characters can now only be favorited or un-favorited when the Bonus Hero symbol is visible.
  • Fixed a rare crash in the early missions of the game.
  • Players who do not have the correct S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank to join an Alliance will no longer see the Join Alliance button under rare situations.
  • The list of Alliances is no longer scrollable when viewing the Create Alliance screen.
  • The game will no longer fail to play the proper sound effect when selecting a level from the Training screen.
  • The game no longer will become unresponsive when selecting a Special tile repeatedly during the early missions of the game.
  • Destroying a Team-Up will no longer enable the "Get More Team-Ups" button if the player is not part of an Alliance
  • The reward banner for Wave Rewards will no longer show "LVL 1" for non-cover rewards.
  • Steam players can no longer interrupt opening a 10 or 40 Vault pack by accessing the Resources screen.
  • Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)'s Power Energy Manipulation now deals damage if two characters on the player's team had the same strongest color.
  • Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!)'s power A Little Off the Top will now do 1 damage if enemy has only 1 point of health.
*Updated to Final Release Notes. No Changes From Pre-Release.

Comments

• Al_Paca
    Al_Paca Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So all characters with invisibility just got nerfed?
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Options
    • Fixed a rare crash in the early missions of the game.
    For a moment i thought this was a fix to the super annoying board of death. Just got one during a pvp hop   :/
  • Al_Paca
    Al_Paca Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Caprila said:
    Al_Paca said:
    No, powers that target random enemies got buffed.
    I Agree!  Two sides of the same coin.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm thrilled by Carol's bug being fixed. That's been a headache and now it'll be great when you can 'choose' which power is the strongest when there's a tie.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Caprila said:
    Al_Paca said:
    No, powers that target random enemies got buffed.
    No, the functionality of powers that damage a random enemy (Moonsilver Blades, Chekov's Gun, The Bloodlust) has been fixed as it doesn't literally "target" an enemy.

P.S. Hope the Spidey just didn't have a PVP listed in the article and we're getting a 4*, not a variant 5* to clutter that tier.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm thrilled by Carol's bug being fixed. That's been a headache and now it'll be great when you can 'choose' which power is the strongest when there's a tie.
    I read the notes and your comment and I still don't understand what's being fixed on her.
  • DesertTortoise
    Options
    I read the notes and your comment and I still don't understand what's being fixed on her.
    Carol's passive generates your strongest color's AP when your enemy matches their strongest color. If these colors are the same, she generates AP and does damage to the enemy team. If Carol was the same level as another character on your roster, they'd be tied for the strongest color so even if black if your strongest color and the enemy's strongest color if they match black it wouldn't deal the damage (but it would generate the AP, confirming that you share the same strongest color). Now that should be fixed, so if you have two colors tied for the strongest color it will deal the damage. 

The tie breaker for your strongest color if two characters are the same level is who is placed in front of the other on the roster selection screen, so if you have Blade whose strongest color is red at 275 and Carol at 275 (whose strongest color is black) your strongest color can be vary based on which position you put them in. The hierarchy is middle, left then right for tie breaking. So ideally, if you've got those same Blade and Carol you can choose the team's strongest color that matches the enemy's on a match by match basis which can be really powerful.

I hope that helped! I know it's a bit weird but the bug would be a true bummer if you had characters at the same level as Carol but now it's advantageous. 
  • Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Why is Spidey only worth 63,292 ISO at 266? The hp is 1500, but the ISO seems low. Any ideas if it's a glitch?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Carnifexx said:
    Why is Spidey only worth 63,292 ISO at 266? The hp is 1500, but the ISO seems low. Any ideas if it's a glitch?
    @Carnifexx
    I've already shot off an email asking the developers just that! When I get a response, I'll let you know what they say :)
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can you confirm Spider-Man (Peter Parker) rarity?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint said:
    Can you confirm Spider-Man (Peter Parker) rarity?
    Legit question. It feels like they're trying to keep things a bit cloudy by not listing a PVP, but also not directly telling us the rarity here. I suspect we'll have to wait for the official announcement, hopefully early next week. But let's see what Brigby has to say.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,040 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Has Elektra's Ballet of Death been fixed?
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby
    4* Iron Fist's green power dealt downed an enemy and then damaged the second one.

Should this be adressed or working as intended?
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:

What's Changed:
    • Powers that have a bonus damage component, in addition to their normal damage, are combined when damage is done.

Do i smell another OML nerf?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A lot of bug fixes. Cool, cool.
  • DesertTortoise
    Options
    Skrofa said:
    @Brigby
    4* Iron Fist's green power dealt downed an enemy and then damaged the second one.

Should this be adressed or working as intended?
    That always struck me as working as intended. It deals the damage then checks for the qualifier of the second part of the power.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    astrp3 said:
    veny said:
    Brigby said:

What's Changed:
    Do i smell another OML nerf?

So let me get this straight. People on here complain constantly (and justifiably) that the devs introduce too many bugs and are too slow fixing them. They fix one of the more prominent bugs that people have been complaining about for at least five months - and one that  is clearly a bug, since it didn't use to work that way. They acknowledged that it is a bug months ago and let everyone know they were fixing it.

Then they finally (after taking way too long) fix it.

And you twist it into a nerf and a negative. I expect posts to follow citing this as evidence that the devs are clueless idiots (even though I believe others have cited their inability or unwillingness to fix this very bug as evidence of exactly the same thing) and/or that this whole "bug fix" is fake news to "cover up" their stealth nerf of OML (which, of course, was their nefarious intent all along).

Stuff like this is why I (probably too) often dismiss the complainers on here (and wouldn't blame the devs for doing the same) and why the credibility of some of them has reached almost zero, if not gone negative (e.g. when they complain about a change, I assume the change must be a good thing).

And yes, I know that OML and other character benefitted from this bug, but that's the case with a lot of bugs (I know I've ridden a few of them to top-25 PvP placement) and I hardly expect them not to fix a bug because of it.

If the devs introduced an update that added Night Crawler and other X-Men to the game, fixed every outstanding bug, added a new store for vaulted characters, cured hunger and cancer, and brought about world peace, but somehow resulted in 1* Venom's black doing one point less damage to Galactus on every other Friday the 13th during a leap year in a snow storm, I fully expect that someone would say "Wow. You nerfed Venom. What a great 'update'. The next time I come one point away from defeating Galactus with Venom, I'll have to remember to thank you. Way to go, morons!"

It was a bug whole time? Well, i thought it was a regular change/feature cuz i liked it a lot and it is few months old :D