PVP is too hard

luckyday
luckyday Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
I try to play in PVP events, but I always go against teams that are way too difficult for me.  Im a day 942 player and still can't use my 4* 's because they are not strong enough.  My bread and butter are the 3*'s.  I have a few 5*'s but the teams Im up against have their 5*'s way stronger than mine, at most of have 3 powers but in PVP they have like 6 or more.  I hate playing PVP.
Tagged:

Comments

• FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    How many champed 4*s do you have? At 942 days, depending on your play style, I would imagine that you're 25+ deep. 
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    FokaiHI said:
    How many champed 4*s do you have? At 942 days, depending on your play style, I would imagine that you're 25+ deep. 
    Depends how casual he is. I would guess more as i have 30 and will hit day 600 tomorrow. 

More to the OP: Hard how? What exactly is your goal for pvp? With 3* you'll be lucky to reach 800. You need two or one very good boosted 4* paired with someone like Iron Man to go 900+ and HP for shields. 
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    jgomes32 said:
    FokaiHI said:
    Depends how casual he is. I would guess more as i have 30 and will hit day 600 tomorrow. 

More to the OP: Hard how? What exactly is your goal for pvp? With 3* you'll be lucky to reach 800. You need two or one very good boosted 4* paired with someone like Iron Man to go 900+ and HP for shields. 
    Yeah. That's kind of what I was wondering too. Day 900, but max progress in pve or more casual. 

I think doing this pvp is more of a result of putting your time in on the pve side of the game. Pve is steady with rewards unlike pvp unless you place t25 to t50. Even if you place that high, pve still earns faster. 

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    I don't mind the toughness of the opponents but I feel the points score system is unfair, I've heard stories of people getting 100 point battles but I've never seen more than about 75 and that's very rare 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't mind the toughness of the opponents but I feel the points score system is unfair, I've heard stories of people getting 100 point battles but I've never seen more than about 75 and that's very rare 
    That's because 75 is the maximum...
  • ProtoformX
    ProtoformX Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Just accept you can't place in the top 10 to get 4*'s unless you have 5*'s...
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Just accept you can't place in the top 10 to get 4*'s unless you have 5*'s...
    Not true. I get t5 in SCL8 and i'm in 4* land.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Lol @ 100pt battles

Skip till you find easier opponents maybe?
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    I dislike PVP too- there's nothing like going to bed and waking up to a red screen full of battles your team lost. Even going on lunch break is a risk if you don't want to invest in shielding (not worth the hp for me at this point). It why I prefer PVE- at least here you can never lose progress.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe you mean that you've suffered 100+ point defensive losses (being attacked by multiple teams at once) while trying to win 75 point battles? Because that happens to me quite often.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards

Honestly the best tip I can give to people struggling with PvP is - time it well. If you're 3* or above you can hit 900.

I am a 4* player but every now and then a boosted week comes along where I have no boosted 4s (I don't roster everyone) and I have to make do with the boosted 3s. I play in s1 or s3 (forget s2) so I know it's doable because I actually do it.

PvP is more about timing than anything in my opinion. Start early, climb till youre in t25 then stop, come back later when you have dropped out of t50 and do the same again. This should have you at about 500-650 points..wait. Wait until theres under 24 hours remaining and quickly climb to 900 and shield for 24 hours.

With 4s this strategy is easy, it's tougher with 3s but it can be done - I spent half of last season doing it.

• MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor

I don't keep track of which is which, and I shift my slices, but if the OP is going for progression vs placement, there are better slices for doing each...  maybe a combo of more liberal skips, targeting the right slice for your goal and better timing is all he needs to feel a little more progress?

I'm not going to attempt to, but I'm sure someone could chime in with what slices are ideal for points and progression and which are ideal for placement ?

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards

I don't keep track of which is which, and I shift my slices, but if the OP is going for progression vs placement, there are better slices for doing each...  maybe a combo of more liberal skips, targeting the right slice for your goal and better timing is all he needs to feel a little more progress?

I'm not going to attempt to, but I'm sure someone could chime in with what slices are ideal for points and progression and which are ideal for placement ?

I can chime in... S1 and S3 are good for points S2 is good for placement - not sure where 4 and 5 land as they're not my timezone
  • mgc
    mgc Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    I have the same problem. I'm super casual at 1068 days and have no championed 4*, nor 5* with more than 3 covers. I have a family and job and no more than 30 minutes a day on average to play. Still, until a few months ago I could always place high in a PvP when I had the time and inclination. But at this point it's far outpaced casual players whose playing time is determined by the clock on the wall, figuratively speaking, rather than the event clocks.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    S5 is great for points and placement! Everyone is really friendly and will help you achieve your goals, whatever those may be!
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    The lower levels are worse than S7 or S8 as far as I'm concerned. I don't care about placement, I want progression, but I rarely get to 575 in lower levels. For long, I mistakingly thought that lower levels were was those with weaker roosters, but they're not- same teams with championed 4* and 5* everywhere. Might as well play in higher levels for a chance at progression rewards.
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    I'll second the S5 suggestion.  I too thought PVP was too hard, but thanks to the helpful folks in S5 I routinely get top prizes.
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    The lower levels are worse than S7 or S8 as far as I'm concerned. I don't care about placement, I want progression, but I rarely get to 575 in lower levels. For long, I mistakingly thought that lower levels were was those with weaker roosters, but they're not- same teams with championed 4* and 5* everywhere. Might as well play in higher levels for a chance at progression rewards.

Hmm....  there is no slice 7 or slice 8.   I think some of us are talking slice and some talking SCL, SCL wont change your opponents or score it will just change your prize options and who is in your bracket.

Some time slices are actually better for points because so many people play that more points are created, and some better for placement, because there are fewer rosters that run their points up. 

I've personally never seen any instance where dropping an SCL has actually benefitted me, and wouldn't recommend doing so...  

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even at 30 4 star champs, yeah, i find pvp to be too hard. I aim for 575-650 but 900 just isn't a realistic goal unless you can afford to shield hop.

Benchmarks would do wonders to make pvp an experience where everyone can participate. There would still be point loss, but once you hit say 750 you don't drop down below that until you hit the next benchmark at 900. 
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    s5 was nice when I was in the middle of 3* transition.  I was able to improve my score dramatically there.  That being said, post cc, I have had a better time in s1.  I'm at day 956 and I'm just about to champ my 25th 4*.  Pvp all comes down to how much are you willing to spend playing and on shields.  I just don't have the time to put into pvp right now so I'm ok with just hitting 900, which with boosted 4s only takes about an hour or just over. 

I get where the op is coming from, pvp is tough if you're not dedicated to playing consistently.  I would also point out, the op probably isn't skipping enough to find the easier targets.  When I first started, I would often overlook skipping and would quit shortly after trying to play the first teams that mmr threw at me straight out of the gate.