X-Men are back ?

Options
D4Ni13
D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
edited June 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Judging by the recent MPQ Poll, X-Men are finally back, with people having most of them to choose if they want next. I voted for Gambit, but I would also have liked to vote for Rogue. I think this duo is wanted by many, and I hope they will be released somewhere this year.

What X-Men did you vote for and who else would you have voted for if you could ?

(Also some interesting choices out there overall - Taskmaster, Dormammu & Mr Sinister caught my eyes)

Comments

• Bohemond
    Bohemond Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Emma Frost here. And Juggernaut for the variant.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Dazzler all the way!!!!!!

Actually, I voted for Red Skull. We need more Villains!!!

Beast for the Variant... I want a version of him that is good! I like nerds!!!
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    They never left.

I voted Kraven. Nightcrawler would have been my 2nd choice if I could of picked one.

And daredevil was my variant choice.
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Voted emma frost and jean grey 
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Bohemond said:
    I picked  exactly the same thing. Problem is if the did put emma frost in game it would be some lousy one off costume like from wolverine origins not her true costume.
  • Killians8
    Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2017
    Options
    They had this same poll a year or more ago after I started and the choices seem the same. No new X-men since that poll so I wouldn't say it's a guarantee they are available again. Here's hoping for Gambit though!  B)
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Emma Frost and Psylocke, so you know, we could actually have a Psylocke that doesn't completely suck lol. 
  • KinDM
    KinDM Posts: 72 Match Maker
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Bohemond said:
    I picked  exactly the same thing. Problem is if the did put emma frost in game it would be some lousy one off costume like from wolverine origins not her true costume.
    We need Emma in her NXS outfit to go with 3*Cyclops and 2* Magneto. Also Magik, so I can field teams based on the status I have across the room. 

Edit: I voted for Domino myself, and Psylocke variant. I really want a full X-Force team :)
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    X-Men never left. The reality is that there are just a lot of them, and this game is Marvel Puzzle Quest, not X-Men Puzzle Quest, and that means if you try to give different spots to different corners of the universe, you end up with more X-Men than you have spots for X-Men.

I mean, we have 2 Jeans, 2 Cyke, 2 Magneto, Prof X, Beast, 3 Storm, 4 Wolverine, 2 Deadpool, 2 Daken, Juggernaut (not a mutant, but fair to include him with this group), Iceman, Colossus, Psylocke, X-23, and Mystique. (and technically Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, but they're borderline, with primary appearances in Avengers and a backstory that keeps changing, apparently)

That's 25 (or 27) out of 134, which is a lot, you know?

And the "still missing" group contains Gambit, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Kitty, Emma Frost, Sabertooth, Cable, Angel, Havok, Magik, Fantomex, Dazzler, Polaris, Sunspot, Avalanche, Pyro, Toad, Blob, Jubilee, Morph, Forge, Bishop, Banshee, Hope Summers

And that's not counting some major villains. Hellfire Club, Mr Sinister, Apocalypse, Sentinels, the Shadow King, Arcade (OH MAN, I would KILL for an Arcade boss event with crazy puzzle requirements to navigate "murderworld" to get to the boss fight) etc.

And not counting possible variants, either! (Angel could use regular or Teen or Archangel versions, you could do Teen versions of Beast/Cyke, non-Teen Jean and Iceman, Rogue before/after getting powers from Ms Marvel, a Colossus/Juggernaut, a non-1-star Juggs, maybe an X-Force 4-star Psylocke, so on, so forth).

AND EVEN THEN, I'm leaving out Armor, Marrow, Darwin, Forgetmenot, Magma, Goldballs, Danger, Firestar, Thunderbird, Blink, Legion, X-Man, etc.

Granted, some are more obvious than others (people always seem to mention Gambit, Rogue, Nightcrawler, and Emma in these threads, I figure they're most likely; and even going through that list,  you could release new X-Men only for years before you get to adding Goldballs, and Forgetmenot probably wouldn't really work in the game)

Personally, I picked Mysterio/Doom for the poll. And I'd love to see some X-Men peppered in between the MCU/comic tie-ins. I just disagree that we've been in some drought without them or something. We're not like... (was it Future Flight, or Contest of Champions?) that just got their first X-Men in the game. And there are some places that have less representation (Thor's notable, between the Warriors Three, Sif, Valkyrie, Angela, Beta Ray Bill, and numerous villains, we have three Thors and one Loki, you know?).
  • KinDM
    KinDM Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    1. HOW DO WE GET GOLDBALLS IN GAME? 
    2. I woulda swore I had Forgetmenot rostered already, but for some reason I... What were we talking about?
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    All I ask is 5* Doop.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Man, Forgetmenot could potentially be really interesting. Permanently invisible with almost no health or something.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would have liked to select about ten from the list, gambit being my favorite xman 

But would really love to see apocalypse as a usable character too 
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I voted for Rogue.  I think they could have a lot of fun with her ability to absorb and use other powers.

(But then again,  that would probably take a bit of creativity, effort and ability to program, so...uh... yeah).
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    X-Men never left. The reality is that there are just a lot of them, and this game is Marvel Puzzle Quest, not X-Men Puzzle Quest, and that means if you try to give different spots to different corners of the universe, you end up with more X-Men than you have spots for X-Men.

I mean, we have 2 Jeans, 2 Cyke, 2 Magneto, Prof X, Beast, 3 Storm, 4 Wolverine, 2 Deadpool, 2 Daken, Juggernaut (not a mutant, but fair to include him with this group), Iceman, Colossus, Psylocke, X-23, and Mystique. (and technically Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, but they're borderline, with primary appearances in Avengers and a backstory that keeps changing, apparently)

That's 25 (or 27) out of 134, which is a lot, you know?
    Well, the same can be applied to the main Avengers: 4 BWs, 4 IMs, 5 Caps, 4 Hawkeyes, 2 Hulks (not counting Chulk), 3 Thors, Falcon, Fury, Vision, War Machine, which is a lot too. And that the game is not Avengers Puzzle Quest either.

I mean, I think there are room for more X-men/Avengers, they just need to spread them better among the releases, and not stop it completely, as how happened with the X-men more than a year (or two?!) now.

By the way, I voted for Nightcrawler, but would also choose Rogue, Gambit and Mr. Sinister if possible :D .

• westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    You can say the X-Men never left, but when was the last addition to the game? I could be mistaken, but wasn't it Phoenix? That's a long time ago.

I voted Sabretooth because we nned villains and Doom for the same reason. Would also like a new Loki.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Style55 said:
    Emma Frost and Psylocke, so you know, we could actually have a Psylocke that doesn't completely suck lol. 
    Same here. And please, MPQ, don't **** Emma Frost up.
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I voted for Nightcrawler, just as I have voted for Nightcrawler in every previous poll he was available in and any other instance where a write-in was an option.

It saddens me that movie rights can control so much of the decision making for things that aren't directly related to movies but affect the fans most of all.  The Marvel Heroes Omega console port removed all mentions of the Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer, and apparently the PC version will be removing the ability to obtain the characters moving forward starting July 1st.  I can only hope the X-Men never suffer a similar fate, but things like the recent lack of new X-Men in MPQ and their complete and utter absence in Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite (a series that started as X-Men vs Street Fighter) worry me immensely as an X-Men fan.

Edit:  For what it's worth, for the new version of an existing, as much as I wanted to put an X-Men, I put Nova, because I want Richard Rider in the game.  If I chose an X-Men villain, it would have been Mr. Sinister.
  • AngryGerman
    AngryGerman Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I voted for Wiccan and Ares. Wiccan because he's one of my favs. I was really close to voting for Omega Red though. As many people have said, this game needs more villains! And with that said, I chose Ares because villain and he's the God of War. He deserves more than just a 2*. 
  • Forbush
    Forbush Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2017
    Options
    westnyy2 said:
    You can say the X-Men never left, but when was the last addition to the game? I could be mistaken, but wasn't it Phoenix? That's a long time ago.
    The last mutant to come out was OML, in October of 2015.

Since then, there's been two X-Men movies and a critically acclaimed TV show starring a mutant, but without a single acknowledgement of any kind from the devs.  (Even the Deadpool movie, also a Fox stablemate, at least got a "Deadpool week".)  They've never been ones to miss a promotional opportunity, whether MCU film, Netflix show, or AoS/Agent Carter, so for them to do absolutely nothing (unless you count the OML nerf while Logan was still in theaters...) is extremely out of character.  Not to mention that the year and a half without mutants has seen an accelerated character release schedule.

I think the most telling thing, actually, is that there's no X-Men team affiliation.  We have a freaking Sinister Six TA, and not X-Men, Brotherhood, X-Factor, Uncanny Avengers, etc.  There's not even an X-Force TA, and that was an actual former mechanic in the game!  Team affiliations are given out even without any kind of implementation to start; many of them are just placeholders for future mechanics.  That there's not a single mutant related TA for such a huge segment of not just the existing characters but of the fandom itself is very, very odd.