Sick and tired of having to grind for RUNES!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @bken1234 hope you mastered all your cards in the way - sounds really annoying.
    I'm sitting on 120k runes, if they continue as expected it might work to level all planeswalkers once they're in the vault (for crystal), but my three old, not fully leveled ones, will probably never reach 60
  • Dsagent
    Dsagent Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    I left all my planeswalkers at level 49.
    Now my problem is that I have all these useless runes sitting around until I get a new planeswalker
  • ROYGBV00
    ROYGBV00 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    ROYGBV00 said:
    Steeme said:

I get about 100K runes in about a month of participating in all events.  So your math is off because the assumption is that you're only playing Training Grounds.  If you're a new player, you also have all of the rune progression from Story Mode.

With your math, it still takes almost 2 months (more like ~48-49 days) of every-day grinding and participating in every single event to grind for one dual-colored PW.

2 months is rediculous, last time I checked.  2 months x each Dual-Colored PW, or 1 month for a single-colored PW...either way, it's PAIN.
    I did 130K in 10 days -- a dual is 160K so it can actually be done in 2 weeks not 2 months. It's just boring. 
    Boring, tediuous, time-consuming for no reason.  Just fortified my point.  No point in grinding thousands of games on Heroic Battle, just to level up.
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 545 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ROYGBV00 said:
    Boring, tediuous, time-consuming for no reason.  Just fortified my point.  No point in grinding thousands of games on Heroic Battle, just to level up.
    Isn't that the point though? To level up your planeswalkers.

Typically I don't mind grinding in games like this. Playing Final Fantasy since the NES days makes grinding, for me, just another way to play.
    However it does seem like I'm accomplishing very little compared to the time I'm putting in to grind this game for runes.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,230 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd say the point is to level them up, but to do so in a way that is entertaining, challenging, and relevant to the current competitive environment. 
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just looked at my past week and I earned 47k in a week. That said, I am platinum and played way too much ToZ!
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    if runes represent xp for your planeswalkers then if
    I remember correctly is toz 3.x giving out the same
    xp for a win as toz 1.x ?

HH
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I could be wrong but I think it's 100/150/200.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    my mistake, you're right, although I do remember
    somewhere where the rune count seems a little
    flat compared to the much increased challenge.

HH
  • Gotcha617
    Gotcha617 Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Options
    1.2mil runes here. I buy 45k slots for my multipurpose/heavily used pw. There are so many runes from just logging in and playing events that I'm still increasing my total...I will lose a chunk with Nissa3 and ajani when they both dropped. Which will most likely be back to back weeks. But there are tons of ways to get runes. Not defending training grounds by any means. It should be standard format. Not just power 5 format