Sick and tired of having to grind for RUNES!!!

Options
ROYGBV00
ROYGBV00 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
edited June 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I honestly don't think the devs even play their own game.

Do they expect us to grind around 161,000 runes for a dual-colored PW, when the TG only gives 1,450 when we're finished after 3 games?!

I just crunched the numbers, and it would take 111 DAYS to grind using just TG!!!!  This is LUDICROUS!!!!

Even if we play all the events for the runes, let's say we average around 3,000 runes per day, and that's being generous...that's still 54 DAYS for a dual-colored PW!!!!

Combine that with over 25 PW's, and you see the dilemma?!

I used to play religiously a year and a half ago (just check my join date), knowing that I can at least see the light at the end when I level up a PW to 60.  That's why lots of us didn't mind QB...we knew we could level up through tons of work.

PLEASE either increase the TG battle rewards to at least 300 runes, like how it was with QB, or even better...MORE.

The whole reason to buy the PWs is to play them at max level.  Either increase the runes, or since we paid for them with the gold crystals or money, max them out to 60.

The grind sucks!

Devs...you are seriously turning off new players from this game.
Tagged:

Comments

• Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I agree, without QB things tale waaay tono long, and needibg to grind 10.000 runes just to get 3 more hp is really not rewarding at all!

Now, let's assume they don't want to cutthkngs across the board, how about a system where certain levels take longer than others? For example; levels that award extra mana from swaps, extra slots in the deck, or extra HP could be 1-2000 runes each, maybe maxing out at 2500 runes at higher levels or something like that, with then the ability levels having higher requirements, since those are more rewarding to attain. Although this system would not be very intuitive, the point would be to create a better sense of effort vs reward.

Certainly it shouldn't take several days of grinding TG in order to just gain a single level worth 3 HP!!

Or just double rune gains across the board, except for story mode, that would always be fine. Leaving story mode out because 500 runes per 2 minute pve win would be a bit too easy, so doubling everywhere else also encourages more pve play.
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hurry up and convert your dupes before they change they system.
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ROYGBV00 said:

I just crunched the numbers, and it would take 111 DAYS to grind using just TG!!!!  This is LUDICROUS!!!!

Even if we play all the events for the runes, let's say we average around 3,000 runes per day, and that's being generous...that's still 54 DAYS for a dual-colored PW!!!!

Combine that with over 25 PW's, and you see the dilemma?!

yup
    to lvl all PW's it will take you about 5 years :dizzy:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/63207/2-0-rune-progression-according-to-devs

• Twee
    Twee Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    I've stopped buying pw's because I'm having a hard enough time leveling up the ones I have. I have 8 Planeswalkers but only three of them maxed out.
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Having started in November, I have the luxury of buying and leveling one PW at a time.  QB was essential in finishing the leveling of my Origins PWs.  I feel very sorry for the newbies.
  • Phillmoore
    Phillmoore Posts: 207 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yep. Good old QB. Grind away it like @gilesclone 22 pws all maxed and 700k of runes still to use. Can't build enough now and no way I'm buying slots at 45000 runes. Would rather keep them for future pws
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options

I get about 100K runes in about a month of participating in all events.  So your math is off because the assumption is that you're only playing Training Grounds.  If you're a new player, you also have all of the rune progression from Story Mode.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
    Options
    Hail freemium economy
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If you're just for runes - heroic encounter are boring but grant 250 runes
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    These days I grind against Origins - Chapter 3 - Part 2 - War Horn.  It's boring and it only gets you 225, but I almost never lose and I rarely even take any damage.  So I can keep doing it enough times to get the runes I need.

It's a one trick pony.  Hangarback Walker.  Keep enough removal around for the Walker and win any way you like.  Any PW that's not pure green will rarely take any damage.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yep, it sucks, and the expectation that someone should grind non-competitive Story Mode levels over and over and over and over and over again is just as ludicrous.

Runes need to be accessible at an accelerated rate--they have for awhile--and in a manner that promotes competition and play. Not grinding against a one-dimensional AI opponent whose decks have absolutely no reflection on standard competitive play. 
  • Emanon2000
    Emanon2000 Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options
    These days I grind against Origins - Chapter 3 - Part 2 - War Horn.  It's boring and it only gets you 225, but I almost never lose and I rarely even take any damage.  So I can keep doing it enough times to get the runes I need.

It's a one trick pony.  Hangarback Walker.  Keep enough removal around for the Walker and win any way you like.  Any PW that's not pure green will rarely take any damage.
    Yes.  Finding an 'easy' later story line is your best bet for runes after the first 4 of QB.

Build your strongest deck and find out which one is the easiest to win as quickly as possible.  Those 'evil' Nahiri and Koth decks are sure to get you some quick runes... but you have to work with whatever YOUR best cards are.  

My recommendation may not work for someone that doesn't have the same or similar card set.

There are ways to get those runes!
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just did 130K in 10 days. I want to die. 
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    heroic grind ?
  • bk1234
    Options
    heroic grind ?
    ::sigh:: Yes. Nissa. So much Nissa. 
  • ROYGBV00
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Steeme said:

I get about 100K runes in about a month of participating in all events.  So your math is off because the assumption is that you're only playing Training Grounds.  If you're a new player, you also have all of the rune progression from Story Mode.

With your math, it still takes almost 2 months (more like ~48-49 days) of every-day grinding and participating in every single event to grind for one dual-colored PW.

2 months is rediculous, last time I checked.  2 months x each Dual-Colored PW, or 1 month for a single-colored PW...either way, it's PAIN.
  • ROYGBV00
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    heroic grind ?
    ::sigh:: Yes. Nissa. So much Nissa. 
    I did Gideon's 5th Heroic node.  Pretty easy too.
  • ROYGBV00
    Options
    bken1234 said:
     :(  :(:(:(:(:(
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bken1234 said:

Welcome to the RSI club!
  • bk1234
    Options
    ROYGBV00 said:
    Steeme said:

With your math, it still takes almost 2 months (more like ~48-49 days) of every-day grinding and participating in every single event to grind for one dual-colored PW.

2 months is rediculous, last time I checked.  2 months x each Dual-Colored PW, or 1 month for a single-colored PW...either way, it's PAIN.
    I did 130K in 10 days -- a dual is 160K so it can actually be done in 2 weeks not 2 months. It's just boring.