Options
2»

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For me, here is my list:
    -Line community. 
    -Freinds i have made here and met in real life. 
    -My love for Marvel

Thats it. The game plan is getting very old and boring. If it wasn't for the first 2, I would be done.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I like match3, and well... let's just say that early on as I was playing, I was about to die somewhere in the prologue and BAM, IM35's repulsor blast was suddenly ready and my husband LAUGHED HIS **** OFF from the other side of the couch as I yelled at the screen "Ha! You don't know that I'VE GOT A TONY STARK!"

I haven't had time to keep with storylines recently and I've really been enjoying finding my old favorites here and catching up on new characters/storylines through the game... and then of course going out to look up more about them, etc.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Puzzle games are simple and fun and deep.  Then these types of games added powers and abilities as well for further depth.

I also like repetition a lot too.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    zaku said:
     Day 1268 here. I'm kind of at the point where I don't care  about placement or progression rewards. Hearts of darkness and enemy of the state are the only two events that truly draw me anymore.   I think I play more out of boredom than interest. Other games like final fantasy Brave Exvius and Skullgirls are growing and changing. What's the draw for you?
    I've always loved Marvel comics. The movies are pretty good too. The thing about this game is that its so easily available to play. I would much rather be able to pull my Xbox 1 and big screen tv out of my pocket, click one button, and be ready to play the game of my choice...but I can't do that. I would much rather pull a beach complete with a mixed drink out of my pocket...but I can't do that. By being on my phone, MPQ is generally always handy. If it weren't, I wouldn't play.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't play any other phone games...
  • ejmus
    ejmus Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    In addition to the other reasons listed I want to stress that with everything else they do a fantastic job making character skills significant and different enough. Every time I load up a new character it feels like almost completely different gameplay and very enjoyable. And the other half of the fun is finding the different combinations and making them work for you. If only we could get more gameplay variations with the events, it would be amazing.
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have quit and come back before, when I got bored.  Nothing changes I barely noticed having left.  it isn't like first year or so when there were few characters.  Now there are so many characters and so many strategies it doesn't really matter if you don't have Thor maxed out (certain death at one point) you can always get by another way.

I keep coming back because I do like match 3 and Marvel characters and many of the characters do have interesting mechanics.  I do wish they would introduce other modes of play though.  I see games like GOW with so many variations on PVE play (but boring characters) and wish we could get a little of that play variation.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MaskedMan said:

I do wish they would introduce other modes of play though.  I see games like GOW with so many variations on PVE play (but boring characters) and wish we could get a little of that play variation.
    interesting. what kind of variations are there in GOW? (pardon me, but what is GOW?)
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    After a run of terrible token drops I am questioning the long term appeal
  • nitefox1337
    nitefox1337 Posts: 80 Match Maker
    Options
    It's about match 3 and marvel. I do not care about having all the characters. Just the ones I like. I play story only.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    don't have anything to do while pooping. 
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Day 1225ish for me.

I'm playing out of rote more than anything these days.  I don't care about placement either.  Progression is still a thrill, both PvP and the new PvE structure.  The latter is mind numbing though, so I have to skip subs/events all the time to not want to murder things.

Friends I've made in the game definitely keep it lively.  In the last year I've been playing other stuff more and reducing MPQ time, but ultimately there's enough carrot chasing to be motivated to keep going.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LINE.
    I have no idea about Marvel comics, I hate PVP with a passion, and I hate PVE scaling.

I quit for two days then a certain cat mod roped me in again.

Next time I quit I need to quit all rooms too.

I think I've been quitting since season 3.
  • Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    getting maxed 4 stars is fun, that's why I'm still playing, you get to use their powerful abilities finally after getting beat by them so much.

this is why I hate vaulting and the new dumb heroes for hire store: I want to max all the four stars, all the old ones, all the new ones. and now there's not even a smart way to do this while spending real money.

maybe if they wrote new pves people would recommend this game to friends and it would grow, instead of continuing its descent into a boring money grab for nothing
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Jexman said:
    getting maxed 4 stars is fun, that's why I'm still playing, you get to use their powerful abilities finally after getting beat by them so much.

this is why I hate vaulting and the new dumb heroes for hire store: I want to max all the four stars, all the old ones, all the new ones. and now there's not even a smart way to do this while spending real money.

maybe if they wrote new pves people would recommend this game to friends and it would grow, instead of continuing its descent into a boring money grab for nothing

Not embracing the fact that the game is predicated on power creep and really focusing on the 5* and 6* tiers is tying the designers hands.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I play because I've invested a lot into the game (emotion, time, money). I have a hard time throwing that all away, even though a lot of things in the game make me want to. Also, I know that if I stop playing even for a little bit, that will be the end of the game for me. I will fall too far behind, that when I come back I will face an even steeper climb than I do now. It used to be a lot of fun, it still is a little fun. There is massive (unfounded) hope that maybe they'll make a few small changes to quality of life, and I will be smitten all over again. Fool me once, shame on you... fool me 700 times, shame on me.

So, basically... I play because I have played. Cyclical, annoying